What's new

Israeli anthem in Abu Dhabi judo championship

Tea addict

Reaction score
Country
India
Last year Israeli Judo athletes were not allowed to compete under Israeli flag and their national anthem was not played even when they won
This year they were allowed to compete under their flag and their national anthem was also sung
@Natan @dani191 @500 @DavidSling

Well, despite our differences with Israel..I think it was the right thing to do
It was a right thing to do... :tup:

Waiting the Day We hear the Israeli Anthem in Islamabad or Dhaka... Gonna be a glorious "Rightful" day...

The issue is not if the Anthem should be heard or not... Anthem symbolize the "Existence" of a Nation... So when you take into account the fact that Israel...is Denying the "Existence" of Palestine... There is no "Rightful" move...

Many may jump on the "Sport" Topic... That Sport shouldn't be linked to" Politics"...and they are Right... But every nation isn't "Perfect/Peaceful/Right/Respectful etc..." So when the Israeli Anthem is heard in Countries who in the past Decades spoke "at least in public" about Israel actions in the Region... Then for Israel it isn't about "Sport" Anymore... But about "Winning"...
And you can see such thing in the face of that Woman in this Vid... who started to cry... and therefore portray for the mind around "We did it"...

Well, despite our differences with Israel..I think it was the right thing to do
It was a right thing to do... :tup:
I guess it's only fair we let them celebrate the only sport they can win medals in.
A national anthem is linked to the country and automatically a recognition that the country exists otherwise it wont have a national anthem...You cant separate anthem with the country...You cant say we accept your anthem without accepting the country!

This in no way is right and a slap on the Palestinian struggle! UAE is becoming more open about its alliance with israel!

Waiting the Day We hear the Israeli Anthem in Karachi or Dhaka... Gonna be a glorious "Rightful" day...

The issue is not if the Anthem should be heard or not... Anthem symbolize the "Existence" of a Nation... So when you take into account the fact that Israel...is Denying the "Existence" of Palestine... There is no "Rightful" move...

Many may jump on the "Sport" Topic... That Sport shouldn't be linked to" Politics"...and they are Right... But every nation isn't "Perfect/Peaceful/Right/Respectful etc..." So when the Israeli Anthem is heard in Countries who in the past Decades spoke "at least in public" about Israel actions in the Region... Then for Israel it isn't about "Sport" Anymore... But about "Winning"...
And you can see such thing in the face of that Woman in this Vid... who started to cry... and therefore portray for the mind around "We did it"...
Well, then don't let their players to play in your country. It will never happen that an Israeli will ever be allowed to play in Pakistan....so the question of his national anthem is immaterial.

A national anthem is linked to the country and automatically a recognition that the country exists otherwise it wont have a national anthem...You cant separate anthem with the country...You cant say we accept your anthem without accepting the country!

This in no way is right and a slap on the Palestinian struggle! UAE is becoming more open about its alliance with israel!
I see your point but many provinces/states have their anthems and still they are not recognised as countries.
For example, Scotland and England participate in international cricket as separate teams and both have their own anthems as well but those are not countries

But I agree with you ..

I see your point but many provinces/states have their anthems and still they are not recognised as countries.
For example, Scotland and England participate in international cricket as separate teams and both have their own anthems as well but those are not countries
Scotland ACTUALLY is counted as a country! Even I was surprised to find that out! Not an independent one but nevertheless as a country!

Scotland (Scots: Scotland, Scottish Gaelic: Alba [ˈal̪ˠapə] ( listen)) is a country that is part of the United Kingdom and covers the northern third of the island of Great Britain.

I do agree territories do have their own anthem but MANY would always choose to compete (at least at international levels) under the COUNTRY flag...A recognized country not really a territory flag!

Well, then don't let their players to play in your country. It will never happen that an Israeli will ever be allowed to play in Pakistan....so the question of his national anthem is immaterial.
They SHOULDNT be allowed...MANY scholars wont even allow scientists from israel to give speeches...SURE many do allow, but still alot do not allow and these arent Muslim scholars but Western ones...Just to put pressure to stop the oppression!

Scotland ACTUALLY is counted as a country! Even I was surprised to find that out! Not an independent one but nevertheless as a country!

I do agree territories do have their own anthem but MANY would always choose to compete (at least at international levels) under the COUNTRY flag...A recognized country not really a territory flag!
It is a country but it is not sovereign , it does not have independent foreign policy, embassies or a separate visa requirement, nor does it has a separate defence or currency, .. it is just part of united kingdom like the princely states of UAE.. so whether they call Scotland a country or a continent, it is immaterial.
BTW.. I changed my stance... I agree it is not right to do so..

so whether they call Scotland a country or a continent, it is immaterial.
Yea but they do call it a country based on historical value...but yea I know what you mean....Even Wales is counted a country and for that I laughed...No offense to Wales but it was funny :D

They SHOULDNT be allowed...MANY scholars wont even allow scientists from israel to give speeches...SURE many do allow, but still alot do not allow and these arent Muslim scholars but Western ones...Just to put pressure to stop the oppression!
Well, you know there is a background why I posted that. Because last year, the same championship happened in UAE and an Israel participated but he was not allowed to play under the flag of his country and he won...but then his anthem was not played..so what he did was sing his anthem and they could not stop him so...in fact the anthem was played on their land.
Thus the right thing to do was to not let him participate..or let him represent another country, for example USA, UK etc (if those countries allowed).

Thus the right thing to do was to not let him participate..or let him represent another country, for example USA, UK etc (if those countries allowed).
I know! I agree! That is why I said:

Waiting the Day We hear the Israeli Anthem in Islamabad or Dhaka... Gonna be a glorious "Rightful" day...
Yes!

Dont know about PK but, in "my" opinion BD should have relationship with Israel. As Israel tried to help BD on BDs struggle for independence...

Losers can't be choosers mate. Israel is the winner...

Back
Top Bottom