What's new

ISRO to flight-test GSLV with indigenous cryo on August 19

GSLV-D5 Launch Called-Off

The Launch of the GSLV-D5 scheduled for 1650 hrs today (August 19, 2013) is called off, as a leak is observed in the UH25 fuel system of the liquid second stage during the pre-launch pressurisation phase on the vehicle just two hours before the scheduled lift-off.

The propellants are being drained from the Cryogenic Stage, Liquid Second Stage and the four liquid Strap-ons of GSLV-D5. The vehicle will be moved back to the Vehicle Assembly Building for further actions.

The revised launch date will be announced after a detailed assessment.

Welcome To ISRO :: Press Release :: August 19, 2013

If you look up the Chinese Long March rockets, they failed much worse than GSLV has. (I can't post links since I don't have the minimum 30 posts to do so.) Chinese officials even blamed an "unexpected gust of wind" for one which veered off course, directly into a village, killing several and injuring many more.

Could you imagine if something like that had happened in India? The Chinese government is better at public relations than anything else.

But can someone please explain to me why India is switching from PSLV to GSLV, even though the PSLV line of rockets is almost 100% successful?

If you look up the Chinese Long March rockets, they failed much worse than GSLV has. (I can't post links since I don't have the minimum 30 posts to do so.) Chinese officials even blamed an "unexpected gust of wind" for one which veered off course, directly into a village, killing several and injuring many more.

Could you imagine if something like that had happened in India? The Chinese government is better at public relations than anything else.

But can someone please explain to me why India is switching from PSLV to GSLV, even though the PSLV line of rockets is almost 100% successful?

because gslv can carry more than double the pslv's and India is hurrying this for its other projects which will not be possible without gslv's

The Launch of the GSLV-D5 scheduled for 1650 hrs today (August 19, 2013) is called off, as a leak is observed in the UH25 fuel system of the liquid second stage during the pre-launch pressurisation phase on the vehicle just two hours before the scheduled lift-off.

The propellants are being drained from the Cryogenic Stage, Liquid Second Stage and the four liquid Strap-ons of GSLV-D5. The vehicle will be moved back to the Vehicle Assembly Building for further actions.

The revised launch date will be announced after a detailed assessment.

Welcome To ISRO :: Press Release :: August 19, 2013

USA, Russia and China all paid ultramate price for the development of their space flight systems. The difference here is these 3 are considered as operating reliable rocket families.

For example, the long march rocket family had 179 launches, 170 of them succeed, this give the entire family a 95% success rate. That is how we sent 10 men and women to the space and got them back safely.

As comparison, india had:

Satellite Launch Vehicle, 2 success, 2 failed
Augmented Satellite Launch Vehicle, 1 success, 3 failed
PSLV, 22 success, 2 failed.
GSLV, 2 success, 5 failed.

in total, 27 success, 12 failed. this gives india a 69% success rate.

You have to ask whether indians can understand quality, safety and relibility.

I can't imagine the regime in new delhi is still fooling 1 billion indians.

should the Chinese government manage the economy in such manner, an uprising had already removed it from power.
should the Chinese government fund a space project with 69% success rate, an uprising had already removed it from power.

dude, we are talking about a government that claimed Mumbai would overtake Shanghai by 2010.

Let me tell you this way:

Please look at our CZ-2F rocket, 3.5ton GTO capacity, that is 50% higher than your GSLV. It has a 100% success rate, not almost 100%. Every single one launch was for the manned mission. WE CALL THIS ROCKET RUBBISH, can't wait to get rid of this.

Please look at our CZ-3BE rocket, 5.5 ton GTO, that is 120% higher than your GSLV. We call it rubbish, can't wait to get rid of this.

Now, let's look at your PSLV, 1.5 ton GTO. We don't have anything to match such childish payload, because we don't launch footballs into spaces.

oh, btw, to tell you the gap: CZ-3B was first launched some 20 years ago, so far, india doesn't have any plan to build anything compariable. GSLV Mark III is still 20% short of GTO capacity compared to our aging CZ-3B and it is still on paper.

USA, Russia and China all paid ultramate price for the development of their space flight systems. The difference here is these 3 are considered as operating reliable rocket families.

For example, the long march rocket family had 179 launches, 170 of them succeed, this give the entire family a 95% success rate. That is how we sent 10 men and women to the space and got them back safely.

As comparison, india had:

Satellite Launch Vehicle, 2 success, 2 failed
Augmented Satellite Launch Vehicle, 1 success, 3 failed
PSLV, 22 success, 2 failed.
GSLV, 2 success, 5 failed.

in total, 27 success, 12 failed. this gives india a 69% success rate.

You have to ask whether indians can understand quality, safety and relibility.

I can't imagine the regime in new delhi is still fooling 1 billion indians.

should the Chinese government manage the economy in such manner, an uprising had already removed it from power.
should the Chinese government fund a space project with 69% success rate, an uprising had already removed it from power.

dude, we are talking about a government that claimed Mumbai would overtake Shanghai by 2010.

Let me tell you this way:

Please look at our CZ-2F rocket, 3.5ton GTO capacity, that is 50% higher than your GSLV. It has a 100% success rate, not almost 100%. Every single one launch was for the manned mission. WE CALL THIS ROCKET RUBBISH, can't wait to get rid of this.

Please look at our CZ-3BE rocket, 5.5 ton GTO, that is 120% higher than your GSLV. We call it rubbish, can't wait to get rid of this.

Now, let's look at your PSLV, 1.5 ton GTO. We don't have anything to match such childish payload, because we don't launch footballs into spaces.

oh, btw, to tell you the gap: CZ-3B was first launched some 20 years ago, so far, india doesn't have any plan to build anything compariable. GSLV Mark III is still 20% short of GTO capacity compared to our aging CZ-3B and it is still on paper.

Lord China Lord China STOOGE....Chinese Rocket Explosion Kills 6

On January 26, 1995, a Long March 2E rocket veered off course two seconds after take-off from Xichang space center and exploded, killing at least six on the ground

Chinese Rocket Explosion Kills 6 - Los Angeles Times

Thank God...we use FRENCH for Heavy Satellites and Dont Kill Our People....

yes, better than the USA and Russia/USSR.

you guys are the best! you guys are leading the space science, you guys have space lab, you guys operate spaceships, you guys sent 10 men and women to space in safe.

wowo

yes, better than the USA and Russia/USSR.

you guys are the best! you guys are leading the space science, you guys have space lab, you guys operate spaceships, you guys sent 10 men and women to space in safe.

wowo

No no China best China strong!! China has Star Ships CHina has Chinese restaurants on Pluto. Chinese Beat an entire alien race with there super high IQ. Whereas its neighbor India still in the stone age. Damn India not even worthy of being neighbor of strong super advanced China.

Back
Top Bottom