What's new

It Happens in Cricket ?

Lets not make this a D!@k measuring contest. And its better to be a but more careful with the choice of words From biased Pakistan umpire Zameer Haider I am sure many other examples can be thrown at ur face. The umpire was bad, so are many others, going by the nationality and highlighting that primarily to make a cheap point just shows ur class.

Lets make this whatever contest, you start posting dubious 3rd umpiring decisions. 3rd umpire has TV replays, technology everything. The entire Pakistan team on the field knew that it was not out and you could tell by their confused looks when AB D was given out. All the replays and still cant see it. Obviously bias, cant be a mistake.

Dont confuse my post with on field umpire. They take decisions in real time, they are humans, errors are possible. But I have mentioned 3rd umpire bias.

I mentioned umpire's name to seperate him from genuine guys likes Asad Rauf, and Aleem Dar.

True but technically recall decision was against the rulebook.

Law 27 (Appeals)

8. Withdrawal of an appeal
The captain of the fielding side may withdraw an appeal only if he obtains the consent of the umpire within whose jurisdiction the appeal falls. He must do so before the outgoing batsman has left the field of play. If such consent is given, the umpire concerned shall, if applicable, revoke his decision and recall the batsman.

http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/laws-of-cricket/laws/law-27-appeals,53,AR.html

All Imran had to do was to tell the umpires that he wanted to withdraw the appeal and the umpire would have overruled the decision.

In 1987 world cup during a pool match, Pakistan needed 14 runs in last over while Abdul Qadir and Saleem Jaffar (last wicket) were playing and the bowler was CA Walsh………about Saleem Jaffar, it was said that 2 runs are equals to century……and CA Walsh was at his peak and it was highly unlikely that Pakistan could be able to make it…….Saleem Jaffar was at receiving end……..when CA Walsh was just about to deliver the ball, Abdul Qadir left the crease and went for run………here came the sportsman spirit, CA Walsh did not out him and instead let him to come back and didn’t deliver the ball……..Saleem Jaffar took 1 run and Abdul Qadir with one six done the rest on last ball of the inning………….West Indies was out of tournament, but CA Walsh placed himself in the list of true sportsman spirit persons forever.

no contest with first video.
srikanth was given out and he was called back and amir sohail challenged him but got out then what its not new some time you get up to the chelleng and some time your oponent .
I can put hundred of videos but I am not a fo*l like you.

i agree with you, infact i think you are sitting right at the top of the fools, you do not know what happened to the match , pakistan lost the match that was played at bangalore becouse of the rash ness of suhail whaen they were sitting pretty comfortable.

Even this happens Only in cricket I guess

YouTube - IF U R AN INDIAN WATCH THIS

AMCA, sorry to say it is a totally irrelevant comparison. It would have been much better reply if you had quoted great sportsmanship of Tendulkar spread over his career. He never looks towards umpire even if there is a faint snick.

Srikant over reacted in this case, which he souldn't have. What I could make out of this clip is Srikant claiming a snick before ball hitting his pads. There was a great possibility of happening same as he claimed. This incident may not have attracted so much of attention if he did not snick it to wicket keeper on very next ball. Do remember it was Pakistan India match so a big noisy crowd was there. Stump microphones were not there in those days, so umpire may not have heard faint snick, if it was there. So one can just laugh and forget about the incident. :lol: ;)

In 1987 world cup during a pool match, Pakistan needed 14 runs in last over while Abdul Qadir and Saleem Jaffar (last wicket) were playing and the bowler was CA Walsh………about Saleem Jaffar, it was said that 2 runs are equals to century……and CA Walsh was at his peak and it was highly unlikely that Pakistan could be able to make it…….Saleem Jaffar was at receiving end……..when CA Walsh was just about to deliver the ball, Abdul Qadir left the crease and went for run………here came the sportsman spirit, CA Walsh did not out him and instead let him to come back and didn’t deliver the ball……..Saleem Jaffar took 1 run and Abdul Qadir with one six done the rest on last ball of the inning………….West Indies was out of tournament, but CA Walsh placed himself in the list of true sportsman spirit persons forever.

The West Indies have always been a graceful sporting nation. Australia can have a thousand "invincibles", but none can match the Windies in spirit. Let's hope they become the champion team they were once.

i agree with you, infact i think you are sitting right at the top of the fools, you do not know what happened to the match , pakistan lost the match that was played at bangalore becouse of the rash ness of suhail whaen they were sitting pretty comfortable.

Very correct :agree:

While I love all players.. Srikanth, Waqar and Wasim but I dint like this instance because of Childish reaction from Srikanth and then a bad decision from Imran.. Imran should not give Srikanth a second chance because it was against umpire's decision as well as disappointing for bowlers and morale of team.. Good that he out on very next ball..

End of the day it's a game but not when pak indo r playing i wish we play some big series b4 world cup but india is such a girl heheh always cuts the crickets ties even though now days indian team is little sold compare to pak hope we play soon

Back
Top Bottom