What's new

‘It’s Revenge time against Bangladesh’

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/its-revenge-time-against-bangladesh/745858/0

Posted: Fri Feb 04 2011, 00:57 hrs New Delhi:

With the World Cup just around the corner, Indian opener Virender Sehwag says that the Indian team has done its homework well enough to give them a realistic chance to take home the trophy in front of a home crowd. India are placed in a tough group comprising England, South Africa,West Indies and underdogs Bangladesh who had beaten India at the last edition in 2007. “Bangladeshi people would be expecting their side to beat us again like in 2007 World Cup. But this time we are prepared well and confident of beating them in Bangladesh. It’s a revenge game for us. We will not take it lightly.

Describing the advantage of playing at home Sehwag who was speaking to a television channel said “we know the conditions better than other teams in our group. We know how wickets will behave. When we played against England last time, we have won 5-0. Against South Africa, we have done well against them in their country and in India. We recently won the Test series 2-1.” .

Sehwag also said that he was not concerned about the injuries and the loss of form affecting some of India’s key players Sehwag himself is coming out of a shoulder injury, Gautam Gambhir is recuperating from a hand injury while Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina are struggling for form. Sehwag contended that every cricketer goes through a rough patch at some point of time. “I am not worried with all these (injuries and slump in form to some players). Sometimes you perform well and sometimes you don’t. I was not performing well in 2006-07 but my time came in 2008, 2009 and 2010. I performed well and scored runs in both one-dayers and Tests. These things happen in every players’ career,” he said.

Sehwag added how it was special that he would be playing in India. “Every cricketer wants to play the World Cup and I am lucky enough to have played in two. I am very lucky that I am playing the third at home. I hope we will deliver and give our best shot. If the day belongs to us, we can beat any side,” he said.

Winning the World Cup would be the best gift to give to Sachin Tendulkar feels Virat Kohli “What he (Sachin) has achieved in his entire career, I don’t think anyone else will be able to achieve that. So it will be a great thing if we can win the World Cup not only for our fans but also for Sachin who is a special person,” the youngster commented at a promotional event in Delhi.

Standing in the way of that goal would be South Africa, Australia and England, which Kohli named as the three sides to watch out for.

Posted: Fri Feb 04 2011, 00:57 hrs New Delhi:

With the World Cup just around the corner, Indian opener Virender Sehwag says that the Indian team has done its homework well enough to give them a realistic chance to take home the trophy in front of a home crowd. India are placed in a tough group comprising England, South Africa,West Indies and underdogs Bangladesh who had beaten India at the last edition in 2007.

“Bangladeshi people would be expecting their side to beat us again like in 2007 World Cup. But this time we are prepared well and confident of beating them in Bangladesh. It’s a revenge game for us. We will not take it lightly.

Describing the advantage of playing at home Sehwag who was speaking to a television channel said “we know the conditions better than other teams in our group. We know how wickets will behave. When we played against England last time, we have won 5-0. Against South Africa, we have done well against them in their country and in India. We recently won the Test series 2-1.” .

Sehwag also said that he was not concerned about the injuries and the loss of form affecting some of India’s key players Sehwag himself is coming out of a shoulder injury, Gautam Gambhir is recuperating from a hand injury while Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina are struggling for form. Sehwag contended that every cricketer goes through a rough patch at some point of time. “I am not worried with all these (injuries and slump in form to some players). Sometimes you perform well and sometimes you don’t. I was not performing well in 2006-07 but my time came in 2008, 2009 and 2010. I performed well and scored runs in both one-dayers and Tests. These things happen in every players’ career,” he said.

Sehwag added how it was special that he would be playing in India. “Every cricketer wants to play the World Cup and I am lucky enough to have played in two. I am very lucky that I am playing the third at home. I hope we will deliver and give our best shot. If the day belongs to us, we can beat any side,” he said.

Winning the World Cup would be the best gift to give to Sachin Tendulkar feels Virat Kohli “What he (Sachin) has achieved in his entire career, I don’t think anyone else will be able to achieve that. So it will be a great thing if we can win the World Cup not only for our fans but also for Sachin who is a special person,” the youngster commented at a promotional event in Delhi.

Standing in the way of that goal would be South Africa, Australia and England, which Kohli named as the three sides to watch out for.

I still remember how India was beaten by the underdog Bangladeshi team in 2007. For weeks before the game, Indian radio/TV commentators were alll enthusiustically making advance comments how their team would defeat this and that team.

But, none of them said a single word about BD team, as if that team did not exist. But, this BD team caused them a defeat that forced this great team to cry and come back to their homeland. Could it be repeated this time, too?

It is good that the Indian mass media now respect us after we have added many more wins to our credit. It is true that Bangladesh ground, weather, temperature, humidity or soil are fully known to the Indian team as if it is their home ground.

I wish a good luck for the Indian team. This team has millions of fans in BD. I must say that personally I would like the trophy to come to south asia, be it India, Pakistan, SL or the underdog Bangladesh.

Before opening the thread I seriously thought that it was another anti-India thread detailing the anti-bangladesh moves of Awamy and its master RAW, written by a BNP/Jamaat guy. :lol:

Sehwag is being over confident here...I read the news yesterday and thought hope Sehwag doesn't get a duck and India lose the match too.. Bangladesh is no way a small team and shouldn't be taken lightly... hope his words don't come back and bite him... good luck to both teams..

Sehwag is being over confident here...I read the news yesterday and thought hope Sehwag doesn't get a duck and India lose the match too.. Bangladesh is no way a small team and shouldn't be taken lightly... hope his words don't come back and bite him... good luck to both teams..

Thanks to all the Indians who have sent posts complimenting Bangladesh cricket team. Sometimes, it is a giant killer, but, again, sometimes its performances are dismal. The team was inconsistent a few years ago.

But, now it is coming out strong and consistent day by day. Our coach is good, and the players have taken the game very seriously. Good players are being added every time from the junior teams throughout the country. Moreover, the population are too enthiustic.

However, Indian team is always consistent except a few unwanted defeats it has received such as it was in 2007. I hope the cup will come to our sub-continent. We have at least three best of the international teams.

Thanks to all the Indians who have sent posts complimenting Bangladesh cricket team. Sometimes, it is a giant killer, but, again, sometimes its performances are dismal. The team was inconsistent a few years ago.

But, now it is coming out strong and consistent day by day. Our coach is good, and the players have taken the game very seriously. Good players are being added every time from the junior teams throughout the country. Moreover, the population are too enthiustic.

However, Indian team is always consistent except a few unwanted defeats it has received such as it was in 2007. I hope the cup will come to our sub-continent. We have at least three best of the international teams.

First time I see a bd member taking good about India. Something must be wrong. I am predicting another earthquake. lol.

First time I see a bd member taking good about India. Something must be wrong. I am predicting another earthquake. lol.

No, no. It is sports and not the murder of Felani. We must also be sportsmanlike. Indian opener batsman cannot be blamed if he says something to encourage his countrymen. It is also a part of sports. But, let us see what happens in the game. BD is working full time to prepare the stadiums for the cricket events.

We should never take ANY opponents lightly.

But I still think bd can't beat us this time. Last time we had a lot going on, ganguly-chapell controversy, groupism in the team, so much negativity, team's moral was all time low.
This time round we've got the best team ever since I've started watching cricket [11-12] years. I would EAT MY HAT if bangladesh beat us this time, I'll stop coming on defence.pk

Back
Top Bottom