What's new

Italy pays $380,000 to families of dead Indian fishermen

I.'m not trying to change the topic here for trolling but for a cause, there are a lot of poor fishermen who die here in Tamil nadu who are killed by the Sri lankan navy I hope the govt shows the same intensity. I would also request all the Indians to take some kind of effort to bring this to light.
Thank you.

Those italians are not going home for a ling time the SC is not a joke if they find out they did this act in Indias teritorial waters then they will be subjected and charged with double murder that is whole life in jail

As an indian member said even if the families dont want to fight the case the state govt centeral govt or even an ngo can fight for it

Maritime laws are clear enough ..If the incident happens in Indian territorial waters ..Indian laws will apply....in International waters the flag state laws will be applicable.

On the ship ultimate responsibility rests with the Captain of the ship ...If a vessel opens fire on another ..it is always as per Captains orders...In addition to the ,person who opened fire..the Captain off the vessel is also put behind bars.

While Italians might have try the Marines for Manslaughter,if acquitted by Indian courts for lack of jurisdiction...if proven thay the incident took place more 12 NM from Indian base line.

Actually in this case there is mystery surrounding this issue. Its said that the Italian Marines in board are not under Captain of the ship but under the Italian Navy HQ. Their job on board the ship is to make sure that pirates don't harm the ship or crew and they are free to take whatever measures to get the job done. Thats why the captain was not arrested.

I.'m not trying to change the topic here for trolling but for a cause, there are a lot of poor fishermen who die here in Tamil nadu who are killed by the Sri lankan navy I hope the govt shows the same intensity. I would also request all the Indians to take some kind of effort to bring this to light.
Thank you.

One of the fisherman who died in this case is a Tamilian.

So is this payment an admission of guilt?
After all that drama about their marines being innocent.

Wooov so much for the death of 2 fishermen.

This is more of a political drama, rather than caring the life of the 2 deceased.

Honestly, more than a 10000 people literally die in India every day because of un-natural deaths either due to murders, accidents,....

And of these atleast a 1000 die, due to gross negligence by Ministry of railways and Ministry of Transportation and Ministry of home affairs.

Yet, no one care to utter a damn thing for the lost lives.

Wait a min, it only becomes an issue when a foreigner kills an Indian?

If I put it bluntly, there is no value for an Indian life in India. Maybe, lets say its as a part of our constitution.

Who the 'F' wants to go submit himself against a firing gun? This just shows that there is no value for life in this part of the sub-continent.

Every single system and approach since the fight for Independance in a peaceful way is a systematic failure.
No wonder, we get to hear about 1000 rapes/day.

Take anything in India,its a screwed-up system. There is no value for life of a common man.

Why the 'F' does a VIP need a Z category security when the normal citizen did have basic security?

In my opinion only one person in the Hierarchy needs full security, only President. And no one else is supposed to be offered gov security service.

Tell them to get security, only when they were able to provide engh to the common man.

The day when we will be able to treat these politicians and ministers in the same level as these ordinary people, then only we say India developed and it values its own citizens lives.

Now cut the crap and send those 2 Italians home and take your bullshit politics elsewhere.

Wait a min, I am not saying this as per my love on that widow, by birth I am a Gandhi clan hater be it their approach or wotever the reason for their screw-up of the nation.

it's funny because the indians on PDF were trying to pull a number and mock Pakistan for releasing that guy Raymond ''Davis'' after his government paid the families of the victims he murdered in broad daylight

(a release condition I was passionately opposed to)

This is not similar to the Raymond Davis scenario. The man murdered two Pakistani civilians in public and that, in broad daylight. No sir, this was open aggression. The fact that he got away with it by paying "blood money" translates as "Pakistan humiliated and forced to bend over".

In India however, The Italian marines shot at some boat they perceived to be a pirate vessel. For that they were arrested, their ship (Enrica Lexie) held at cochin port and themselves; locked in poojapura central jail.

Now even if the families of the victims accept the compensation and withdraw their individual complaint, it will not absolve them of their crime and they will still be prosecuted. Their fate will be decided by our judiciary and we will accept them whether good or bad.

Its interesting to see how Pakistanis are jumping in to wash Raymond Davis mockery with this episode. Apple and Oranges !

Good..Italy must realise that gone are the days of the past where they gave 3rd class treatment to Asians and Africans.Countries are rising and becoming more powerful in this region and can get its citizens justice.

190000USD each families is not too much.
a fisherman can earn more than 190000USD in his life. fishing is a high profit business.
and the lost of these families are huge.
never put a price on a human life

PS: average pay for fisherman in china is about 1300 -1400 USD per month.
in means around 16000 USD per year. a fishermann need 12 years to earn 190000USD.

190000USD each families is not too much.
a fisherman can earn more than 190000USD in his life. fishing is a high profit business.
and the lost of these families are huge.
never put a price on a human life

PS: average pay for fisherman in china is about 1300 -1400 USD per month.
in means around 16000 USD per year. a fishermann need 12 years to earn 190000USD.

The average GDP per capita is 8,382 dollars in china. Are you saying that fishermen make twice as much as everybody else, since you say fishermen earn about 16000 per year? Are fishermen the richest people in china, and the businessmen, engineers, scientists, doctors, professors are the poor ones?

How do you expect anyone to believe that the average income of fishermen is 1400 dollars per month when the average income of the whole country is 700 dollars per month? Unless you are implying that fishermen are much more richer than the rest of the country on average?

Don't pull numbers out of thin air and expect people to believe you.

Added later: Even if you go by the average income stats, as opposed to gdp stats, your post still implies that fishermen are about 1.5 to 2 times richer than the other salaried people.

The average GDP per capita is 8,382 dollars in china. Are you saying that fishermen make twice as much as everybody else, since you say fishermen earn about 16000 per year? Are fishermen the richest people in china, and the businessmen, engineers, scientists, doctors, professors are the poor ones?

How do you expect anyone to believe that the average income of fishermen is 1400 dollars per month when the average income of the whole country is 700 dollars per month? Unless you are implying that fishermen are much more richer than the rest of the country on average?

Don't pull numbers out of thin air and expect people to believe you.

Hope this helps

China's fishermen per capita income exceeds 10,000 yuan in 2011

I think he confused annual income with monthly income

Back
Top Bottom