What's new

Italy warns India about ship firing detentions

We should set a precedent by sentencing them to life imprisonment or perhaps 14 years at least. Life of our fishermen is worth just as much as the life of these Italian marines. But I don't see much hope. These Italian ministers will definitely try to speak to Sonia Gandhi , and she , being Italian born might get emotionally compromised and try to get these murderers released.

The maximum Italians could be charged with is culpable homicide not amounting to murder which carries a maximum of 2 years in prison.

And Italian minister here has a point.Our soldiers are also posted around the world and that profile is bound to increase with each passing day.We could be in a similar situation where this precedent set by us will come to haunt us.And people die all the time from variety of reasons .life of 2 fishermen in not worth fuckking up with legal precedence which could on later date be used against us.Going jignostic on this matter is not good for us.This matter lies in grey area of law as it happened outside 12 nautical miles which is sovereign territory of a country seawards.

And members please don't generalise your visceral hatred for sonia on whole of Italy.It will cloud your judgement.

case filed for Section 302, murder.

Wait for huge court battles, tell then they will be in jail

Probably Police wants case to collapse as now they would have to prove Intent also.It is common tactic to screw a case by filing it under wrong section.

That's the difference between you guys and us.We actually are not blind in hatred like you guys.I remember how you guys cheered for Raymond Davis.

When? don't blame us if your govt cannot stand up to US pressure.

The maximum Italians could be charged with is culpable homicide not amounting to murder which carries a maximum of 2 years in prison.

And Italian minister here has a point.Our soldiers are also posted around the world and that profile is bound to increase with each passing day.We could be in a similar situation where this precedent set by us will come to haunt us.And people die all the time from variety of reasons .life of 2 fishermen in not worth fuckking up with legal precedence which could on later date be used against us.Going jignostic on this matter is not good for us.This matter lies in grey area of law as it happened outside 12 nautical miles which is sovereign territory of a country seawards.

And members please don't generalise your visceral hatred for sonia on whole of Italy.It will cloud your judgement.

You have a point here. People are getting a little too emotional here. Its also GoI's fault that fishing boats are allowed to go deep sea without even a wireless set, which could have come in handy to clear any misunderstandings out at sea.

Italy may have to resort to military action if india continues to act like a child. The Italians only ask that their marines be unharmed and treated as 1st class in the indian system. The last thing india wants is for Italy to come down to india and take their marines back with force, and joining them would be a country who has had a long history in dealing with india, the British.

LMAO high on something ???? Why British will join Italians for their stupid adventure when our companies are saving their industries
British jobs at Land Rover and Jaguar saved by £5bn injection by Indian owner | Mail Online

Now tell me who is going to help Italians oh yeah NATO which is lead by a nation whose president gets nightmares of India and China.:cheesy:

the rule of law must be followed. they are innocent until proven guilty, and the accused must be treated well.

It is for the courts to decide, and we all need to abide by their decision.

The jingoism is rather silly.

You know i don't really expect much in this case,they will be freed sooner or later,but yeah don't forget to take Sonia[Ghandi] with both of you [the marines] while you go home.

she must be missing her home :lol:

Italy states the incident happened in international waters and the marines also state their location was in international waters that means at least 20 miles off the coast of a country. I read somewhere even the Indian Government acknowledges that the incident took place in international water. If true international laws should be applicable. Italy states it wants the marines free and sent to Italy for trial.

EU is backing Italy, Italy may ban visas to Indians after this. This has tarnished Italian/EU relations with India...

Italy states the incident happened in international waters and the marines also state their location was in international waters that means at least 20 miles off the coast of a country. I read somewhere even the Indian Government acknowledges that the incident took place in international water. If true international laws should be applicable. Italy states it wants the marines free and sent to Italy for trial.

EU is backing Italy, Italy may ban visas to Indians after this. This has tarnished Italian/EU relations with India...

Its a 2 way street. We are not a banana republic to be threatened by this actions. If Italy bans Indians, they can also say goodbye to the vast Indian market for their luxury goods, cars,boats and weapons. Don't worry... companies like Fiat will make sure nothing of that sorts happens.

Good job India ,the trial of these culprits must happen in India.The law of the land must be respected.

Personally i hate this bullish behavior of some countries suffering from a "superiority complex".

Can you provide a link to a news report regarding the bold part. If it is true, then I think italians are right.
I have given the link of news item in which the data that could have given more detals is missing from ship record(overwritten after 12 hours).
Please read my previous post.

Also govt of India does not decide whether they should be set free, they are under trial now and judiciary will decide. Only after they sentenced, executive(president) can pardon them.

Fishermen killings: 2 Italian marines as 'just plain killers', says Swamy - IBN South - IBN Kerala - ibnlive

inShare
Share on Tumblr
Email
Print

Chennai: Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy on Thursday said India must stand firm on the issue concerning the killing of two Indian fishermen, allegedly by two Italian marines, describing them as "just plain killers."

"The Prime Minister must continue to stand firm on the issue of the unprovoked and reckless killing. These two sharp shooters are just plain killers and there is no international law or bilateral agreement that provides for the murderers to be sent back to Italy for trial," he said in a statement.

Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti had spoken to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday on the row over killing of two fishermen allegedly by two Italian marines and agreed the issue should be resolved amicably in accordance with the law.
The two marines have been charged with murder for allegedly gunning down the fishermen on Feb15 from the Italian vessel 'Enrica Lexie' after suspecting them to be pirates.

The law which the Italians are stating is also applicable in reverse. The fishermen who died were on an Indian flagged boat ie. the crime committed was on an Indian boat and hence has to be tried in India. In any case, Indian laws allows Indians to try any nationals who were responsible for the death of an Indian on a ship even in international waters. The location of the boat doesn't matter.

Every one in India agrees that this was in all probability a big misunderstanding which led to the death of these fishermen and in any other situation, these marines would have the sympathy of most people here. However by what sounded like very arrogant statements, the Italians have just provoked nationalistic feelings and any sympathy that these marines may have had has evaporated.

Italy Already broken the intentional law,

A) Law says" Fishing ship has first right of path i.e. if any finishing ship is passing then any cargo ship giving him passage and change its own course

B) If any ship encounter with /contact it has send radio SOS to all frequency and inform cost stations and nearest cost guard, which they dint send.

C) They shoot at board day light , didn't they saw with binoculars if they have gun or fishing nets?
Sources please...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom