What's new

It's time to admit Chinese culture is superior to Indian culture

I was talking about rice, no 1 would eat a Pizza or chapati with fork lol.
Chinese food is easier to eat with fork and spoon. I did it without any problem.

In 90% cases, Hands and Chopsticks r now cultural thing than a necessity I think.
You don't know what you are talking about. So using folk and spoon is not a Western cultural thing, lol ? Of course, only everything your white daddys do are right to you people. Don't drag in Chinese eating practices as the same as Indian eating practices. If you don't know, there are Chinese spoons used for eating too, not just your Western spoons existed in the world.

Last edited:
Actually there's 1 thing I never understood of Chopsticks . Why not just use forks and spoon ?
I have seen chinese eat and I couldn't think a single item that cannot be eaten easier with forks and spoon .

Same with eating with hands , I know it's cultural thing but now spoons are so cheap it's no Brainer
Actually the food they eat and traditionally the way they eat. The shape of items they eat. It was easy with chop sticks.
BTW, Chinese don't understand why Indians put their hands in every food to mix things? :)

Countries and regions that are heavily influenced by Chinese culture( or Confucianism): China mainland, Taiwan, Singapore, Hongkong, Japan, North and South Korea, Vietnam.

Similarities: 1,Use or used Chinese characters as basic writing systems. 2, Use chopsticks as eating utensils. 3, Majority people are atheists.

View attachment 1027748
View attachment 1027763

Countries and regions that heavily influenced by Indian culture: India, Pakistan, Bengal, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, China's Tibet.

Similarities: 1, Use Sanskrit or variants as writing systems. 2, Directly use hand as eating utensil. 3, Majority people are religious.

View attachment 1027740
View attachment 1027771

Obviously sino-sphere countries are much developed, clean, orderly. Countries influenced by Indian culture are backward, dirty and chaotic.

I believe sino-sphere will be more advanced in science and technologies than the Anglo-Saxon countries(5 eyes) in the near future.
Feel good thread it's nothing more than that. If you compare two different thousand year old cultures based on preconceived notions then there is no chat to be had. Pre liberalisation/industrialisation China (pre western investments) was just as poor and had worse living conditions. Also you do remember that South Asia has a lot of different religions and cultures right?
History and future is not something predecided, it can change according to circumstances and geopolitics.
Stay in your sphere we'll stay in ours that's the only valid conclusion here.

Well, I still love using my hands. But I guess it's a personal preference these days to use a knife, fork and spoon.
Yes it's a personal preference also to do with how much one is influenced by globalisation or westernization whatever you like to call it. I use spoon to eat rice but my parents still use their hands. As the proverb stand older generation prefer doing things the older way more resistant to change.

Eating a chappati with a knife and fork would look weird though.
I don't think chappati/roti is meant to be eaten with a knife lol, it's just fundamentally not imagine cutting a roti and dipping it in paneer 😆. In the West most of their stuff has bread so idk just cultural things.
Also, Chinese foods are designed around the way they eat that is chopsticks. So, you get food minced into pieces so that you can use your chopsticks to pick them apart.

For us, it is designed to eat with our hands.
Yep Japanese too, they use chopsticks for a lot of things, Koreans too.

Last edited:
do people from Sindh or Punjab really consider themselves to be culturally Indic? also I think Vietnam is half Buddhist and the Japanese eat lots of curry these days

Feel good thread it's nothing more than that. If you compare two different thousand year old cultures based on preconceived notions then there is no chat to be had. Pre liberalisation/industrialisation China (pre western investments) was just as poor and had worse living conditions. Also you do remember that South Asia has a lot of different religions and cultures right?
History and future is not something predecided, it can change according to circumstances and geopolitics.
Stay in your sphere we'll stay in ours that's the only valid conclusion here.
I know this is a taboo topic, But mention I will: 'Chinese culture (or Confucianism)" places great emphasis on adhering to values passed down from the ancestors. This philosophy of shunning heterodoxy in favor of orthodoxy means "Chinese culture" has to depend on someone else of "non-Chinese culture" to do anything new before they adopt it with "Chinese characteristics".

But both are defeated by western culture. So why so serious?
Science and technology don't belong to any culture. It has been proven that Confucianism societies perfectly match science and technology

China and independent indian states not british controlled india has both existed for a very very long time and can learn from each other even tho china is doing much better. Still China can learn from India in terms of spiritualism and India can learn from China in terms of hard work and patience. China and India fight a little like all big countries do but no hard feelings in the end

Gundam is Chinese culture

20231117_170128.jpg

i like traditional dresses the Chinese women wear, makes them look hot.

The premise of this thread is wrong. Superiority of a culture is not in how people eat their food but how they treat each other and manage interpersonal relationships. People from the west looked at east Asia from a couple hundred years ago would say western civilization is inherently superior because of how materially better off the west was.

East Asia has by and large adopted norms that are limited in South Asia due to petty and major corruption. Norms such as meritocracy; a work ethic over nepotism, investment by governments into social services, modern medicine for all, large amounts of spendings that emphasizes sanitation and orderliness.

Look at Paris before the Haussmann renovation, at the early age when camera technology was just coming about as well.
1700220757878.jpeg

Actually there's 1 thing I never understood of Chopsticks . Why not just use forks and spoon ?
I have seen chinese eat and I couldn't think a single item that cannot be eaten easier with forks and spoon .

Same with eating with hands , I know it's cultural thing but now spoons are so cheap it's no Brainer
In ancient times medals were expensive, not affordable by commoners.

Bamboo is a great gift, grows a lot faster than wood. Easily made into Chopsticks.

Most regions have no bamboo, but South Asia has.

No culture stays the same, its a river that keeps flowing. When it stagnates, it stinks.

Countries and regions that are heavily influenced by Chinese culture( or Confucianism): China mainland, Taiwan, Singapore, Hongkong, Japan, North and South Korea, Vietnam.

Similarities: 1,Use or used Chinese characters as basic writing systems. 2, Use chopsticks as eating utensils. 3, Majority people are atheists.

View attachment 1027748
View attachment 1027763

Countries and regions that heavily influenced by Indian culture: India, Pakistan, Bengal, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, China's Tibet.

Similarities: 1, Use Sanskrit or variants as writing systems. 2, Directly use hand as eating utensil. 3, Majority people are religious.

View attachment 1027740
View attachment 1027771

Obviously sino-sphere countries are much developed, clean, orderly. Countries influenced by Indian culture are backward, dirty and chaotic.

I believe sino-sphere will be more advanced in science and technologies than the Anglo-Saxon countries(5 eyes) in the near future.
yes absolutely, you should admit that and learn Chinese culture .
or at least anyother culture. something...anything ...is better than being unclutured which is what leads you to open such threads.

Science and technology don't belong to any culture. It has been proven that Confucianism societies perfectly match science and technology
True. That is what I was saying. Confucian societies perfectly match science and technology. The problem comes in innovation. That requires a healthy disrespect to status quo and that does not exist in Confucianism. The Confucian proverb is "The nail that sticks out is beaten down" (出る釘は打たれる, deru kugi wa utareru). Such societies can't produce a Jobs, Bezos, Gates or Musk who break existing order.

do people from Sindh or Punjab really consider themselves to be culturally Indic? also I think Vietnam is half Buddhist and the Japanese eat lots of curry these days
Pakistanis do not consider themselves culturally anything near to the culture of India.

Buddhism was originated in Nepal, not India, Buddha was a Nepalese not Indian, eventhough Indians contributed and helped develop Buddhism later.
Correct, Siddhartha Gautama was born in Lumbini Nepal.

The Buddha was NOT AN INDIAN. Buddha was a NEPALESE MAN.

Last edited:
India and China are doing what they do today as the same as what they did in the past.

Indian is just practicing their culture.

The same with Chinese.

There's no magic ideology like democracy or anything else.

If Japan is not successful, so does Taiwan, HK, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam, and China.

If India is not successful, so does Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, etc.

But if one of them is successful, all countries in the same culture group will be successful too.
(expect if they embrace ideology that is harmful to local culture like North Korea and Mao's China)

Many people ever heard about Confucianism, but don't know anything about it.

Confucianism is truly powerful!

A world changing ideology that is way ahead 2500 years ago (during Confucius era), and even today standard.

Confucianism is not an old-fashioned ideology, it's a people centric ideology, promotes human development, and civilization advancement.

Such things are what we adopted as our main ideology worldwide in the modern era today.

It's still valid up to today and even far in the future, but 2500 years old Confucianism is still ahead.

Just look East Asian in general, they are among the world top in any competition.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom