What's new

J-20 vs F-22

Why do some people have to be so insecure about their own achievements that they have to belittle what others do?

Why bring in LCA?Let's discuss PAK FA? and the possibilities,who,China or India will get a fifth gen. first?
:hang2:

I predict J-20 will come out way before PAK FA. Why? Because the Russians are contractors. It's the contractor's job to milk the Indians for every money he has with delays, scope changes and redesigns. Even the US contractor does this on purpose with the Pentagon. Just look at the carrier Russia is refitting for India. The Varyag will definitely launch first.

don't know why you guys have no sense of entertainment...
let's avoid personal attack, guys.

i don't think J-20 was designed to fight F-22, although it can do so. it is used to destroy U.S base in Japan and their carriers.
prevent U.S from probing in when there's a war in Taiwan strait.

i don't think J-20 was designed to fight F-22, although it can do so. it is used to destroy U.S base in Japan and their carriers.
prevent U.S from probing in when there's a war in Taiwan strait.
It can fight but it will be lost in most of the cases .
There is no thought of China attacking US bases as they have powerful radars that are used for missile defense which can even detect f22 at 1000km so easily . US carriers have huge defense, jammers to prevent missile attacks and the Growlers and EWCS make J20 air raid useless . By the time China gets J20's , US would be ready with carrier borne versions of F35 .

Well, the story surfaced recently, so I can now comment on it, during the 2008 red flag exercise, a HAF F-16, using JHMCS/IRIS-T tracked and locked an F-22.

There was no kill, because the IRIS-T head could not sustain lock phase, which shows how effective the rear nozzles of the F-22 are.

Now, if and F-16 could get a lock on an F-22, what prevents all planes from getting a lock on, on the J-20 (and T-50 of course) ..

Seeing from its size, the J-20 seems more like a long range cruiser, meant to take out ground installations, ships and runways. And of-course, A2A combat.

The F-22 focuses on being a low-observable aircraft mainly meant for air superiority, but can hit ground targets.

PAK-FA is more focused on aerodynamics than stealth. Russians always focus on dog fighting - and very potent at that!

It is impossible to jump to actual conclusions about the J-20 right now other than mere speculations.

But what I can say is that the Raptor is just light years ahead of any 5th generation aircraft - technically speaking. It took the Americans many years to research and develop the Raptor. And that results in experience, which can be invaluable in the future ahead for even more advanced designs. They are already working on a 6th generation fighter right now. Scary huh?

I can look for a any sedan. It'd be logically flawed to say that a Corolla is technically better than a Rolls Royce. Comparing the J-20 to the F-22 is kinda like that for now.

It is just that the USA will be technologically superior compared to Russian and the Chinese for a long time to come.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

It can fight but it will be lost in most of the cases .
There is no thought of China attacking US bases as they have powerful radars that are used for missile defense which can even detect f22 at 1000km so easily . US carriers have huge defense, jammers to prevent missile attacks and the Growlers and EWCS make J20 air raid useless . By the time China gets J20's , US would be ready with carrier borne versions of F35 .

Not sure about that part. If the US can indeed detect F-22s by now, they would have given the go for exports a long time ago.

Not sure about that part. If the US can indeed detect F-22s by now, they would have given the go for exports a long time ago.
Not necessarily. The F-22 is still technically ahead of everyone else's products so if we do have countermeasures to those technical advantages best to keep everything to ourselves for as long as possible.

When Su27 was produced, though US planes were far technically ahead than flankers, Su27 was able to give a shock to US forcing them to buy few flankers to study them . Now the same story repeats .

Back
Top Bottom