What's new

Jack Jacob: The general who saved India from more war.

Oh no, here we go again, with the old "I didn't do it, that guy over there made me do it, honest" routine. Can't you do anything by yourselves?

What if Vinod jumps into a well, will you follow him in?

Hmmm, now wait a minute.......Oh, Vinoooooood, just come and look at this well, will you?

Well, it did go longer than intended and I am sorry to all for the distraction.

I am glad it remained largely polite.

Mea culpa - club bore? Very droll - to young vinod of the Sangh Parivar, the Pakistani people are indeed the enemy.

I sincerely believe that isn't true. I think you should speak up at this point, Vinod.

[He appears to be elsewhere. I am sure he will confirm that he is nothing of the sort.]

OK, not the club bore. That's extreme. Let's try on some other hat for you.

How about the village, errm, YOU know, guy who slopes around with a perpetual grin fixed on his face, and is looked after by all the village folk?

No. Pakistanis are not my enemies. There is no reason for me to hate individual Pakistanis or their country. I just wish for normality in relations and then see where we can go from there.

At this point, as a country they are not friends either. But that can change very soon and I will welcome if that happens.

Individually, I have Pakistani friends and I have worked with some of them as well in North America. I found them very similar to Indians in many respects in terms of work culture and it was easy to make friends. Of course, we didn't discuss politics or religion. There was no reason to.

I personally believe life is too short to spend hating. All differences are man made and can be brushed aside as easily as they came.

The topics here may sometimes bring strong feelings to the front. It is actually a small part of our lives. We have more in common than differences. That is something that I feel even when I happen to meet an Eritrean or Somalian taxi driver in the USA.

Rafi is an interesting person. Sometimes, I think he gets too much into hyperbole and pet rhetoric but that is fine.

He is stage 2 and that is better than stage 1. ;)

How can you praise Indian success when you have over 400 million Indians living below poverty line. Shining India advocate eh?

You are right, I am sure we have a lot of work to do.

We can be proud of where we have come from 1947. We know there is a long way to go, given the statistics you pointed out.

Our work is not finished till the last Indian has the opportunity to be what he can be.

Oh cut the c r a p, $hit head.

Do you mean to say that almost two billion people supposedly killed in Mahabharata, which could have eliminated over half of the world's population at that time was pea-shooting.

Pata nahin kahan se aa jate hein ye log.

O akal ke andhay, when wars take place, people get killed and destruction is a by-product of all wars.

You are trying to tell us here that whereas, we are sati savitries, every body else commits genocides.

Take your muck some where else.

you retarded sob , your dumbass has to bring in hindu mythology into a historic discussion,
I gave you facts and you brought in mahabharat to counter it, get a life looser.

you retarded sob , your dumbass has to bring in hindu mythology into a historic discussion,
I gave you facts and you brought in mahabharat to counter it, get a life looser.

Funny part is they are justifying (nay glorifying) atrocities on their own ancestors and look at those barbarians as heroes!

Its like the Jews glorifying Hitler and Himmler (and most of all Eichmann). ;)

Its not unique for them though. That much we can grant.

Funny part is they are justifying (nay glorifying) atrocities on their own ancestors and look at those barbarians as heroes!

Its like the Jews glorifying Hitler and Himmler (and most of all Eichmann). ;)

Its not unique for them though. That much we can grant.

While I empathize with the irritation displayed by both of you, I wish you had pointed out the difference between myth and history. That, by itself, is sufficient to demolish the argument used, and sufficient to make the point.

Epithets carry no weight, only a pejorative content without weight. We need protons and neutrons here, not electrons.

Those blacks as you refer to them are some of the smartest and educated people on earth. With more than 50% that's 110 Billion GDP of Pakistan with just 1/4th your population and no natural resources available.

This is another example of the identity issues that we see.

From the followers of a supposedly "egalitarian" ideology that explicitly asks the followers to be "moderate about looks".

When people lose their identity and civilization, this is the typical outcome. Supposed fairer color (when they come in all colors and sizes) is supposed to make them superior.

That is why, I have to always wonder at the great observations made by Sir Vidia in his "Among the believers". Its a must read if one has to make sense of what one sees here and elsewhere in the non Arab Islamic world.

Something that just doesn't make sense unless you can understand what lies beneath.

If you haven't seen the poverty that is India, you should improve your name from illusion8 to illusion1000.

I don't have to know about poverty facing India from a delusional Pakistani, if you really want to know what's abject poverty look all around your country. India's poverty figures are manipulated so is Pakistan's.

Back
Top Bottom