What's new

Jackie Evancho -schoolgirl singer

Chogy

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Jackie Evancho is a schoolgirl from Pittsburgh, USA... and I heard her sing for the first time last night on a local TV station. The whole thing was surreal... I thought it was a joke.

Here's this little girl, 11 years old, with perfect pitch, an astonishing range, and the power of a grown woman. You'd swear you are watching a lip synch going on. What comes out of her mouth sounds like an experienced 30+ year old classical singer.

I am always in awe of young talent. There is something unnatural about it when you see little kids playing concert violin concertos, or singing as this child does. Mozart must have been the very same sort of prodigy when he was a child.

Enjoy! Even if you don't like this style of music, you have to acknowledge the brilliance. :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, after the emergence of auto-tuning, America still has some talent left! :tup:

She sounds like a grown woman.

Chogy
Just out of interest , have you ever talked to one of these children?
I will explain later.
Araz

Chogy
Just out of interest , have you ever talked to one of these children?
I will explain later.
Araz

No I have not... Now you will have to explain! ;)

I think I may know where you are going. Often child prodigies are ruthlessly exploited by parents and managers, and their lives wrecked by greed when all they want to do is be a kid and enjoy their talent. Hopefully that won't be the case here.

No I have not... Now you will have to explain!

I think I may know where you are going. Often child prodigies are ruthlessly exploited by parents and managers, and their lives wrecked by greed when all they want to do is be a kid and enjoy their talent. Hopefully that won't be the case here.

When growing a plant one always has to nurture it so that the tree can give fruits. If you give it too much water, or tie it to a stick so that it can grow straight, it may not live up to it's true potential.

I haven't even considered the thought that it could be a child prodigy case.

A beautiful voice - a talent that needs to be looked after - and protected.

This comment reminds me of Alvin and the Chip monks Part 2 ;).. If you watched the Movie you will understand what i mean...

The girl is very talented,and i regularly watch Xfactor and other similar shows..I see many children performing better than adults,but myself being old school conservative type of guy..thinks that they shouldn't be there in the first place..they should be out there climbing trees and playing hide and seek..They have all the time to do these things in later parts of their lives..
Now this child in this video.Very adorable innocent little girl but the voice of an adult..If i am not watching the video,and don't know who is singing,i will admire the song..but as i said,i would be more happy if she is out there playing tag and being naughty..and save this for later...

It's possible for child performers to have decent and happy lives... if the parents don't get greedy. Unfortunately, the lure of fame and $$ is hard to resist.

Hopefully her life will be moderated. Let her give one or two concerts a year, maybe record a few songs, get a nice nest egg for college, and then let her decide her own future. We can only hope.

It's possible for child performers to have decent and happy lives... if the parents don't get greedy. Unfortunately, the lure of fame and $$ is hard to resist.

Hopefully her life will be moderated. Let her give one or two concerts a year, maybe record a few songs, get a nice nest egg for college, and then let her decide her own future. We can only hope.

Yes that would be the best way to go.....At least she wont be worrying about her education costs later when she will need all the money...

True but for every Emma Watson there be 10 Maculay Culkins whose life is ruined by their over 'enthusiastic' parents.

Dumb as a Blog: 10 Dumbest Parents of Celebrities Photo Gallery - Billy Ray Cyrus, father of Miley Cyrus - on truTV.com

I really felt sorry for MJ whose obsession with his nose was a result of his father ridiculing him.

Jackie Evancho is a schoolgirl from Pittsburgh, USA... and I heard her sing for the first time last night on a local TV station. The whole thing was surreal... I thought it was a joke.

Here's this little girl, 11 years old, with perfect pitch, an astonishing range, and the power of a grown woman. You'd swear you are watching a lip synch going on. What comes out of her mouth sounds like an experienced 30+ year old classical singer.

I am always in awe of young talent. There is something unnatural about it when you see little kids playing concert violin concertos, or singing as this child does. Mozart must have been the very same sort of prodigy when he was a child.

Enjoy! Even if you don't like this style of music, you have to acknowledge the brilliance. :tup:

Such a gifted girl performd with brilliance ... Its so clear all you need to tune your ears and that's it you will never going to say that's a lip sync no way ... In such a tender age she has a great voice ... I have passed through this exp when I was 9 ... but neither our society nor family see this profession respectfully so I step down ...

Last edited by a moderator:

I was really short of time so could not write. I have a friend who is a piano teacher. He invited me to a performance by his students which i attended with my 13 yr old son. There was a 14-fifteen yr old girl who really had a very nice voice. I thought i would go and compliment her. However, i was surprised to see that I found myself talking , not to a teenager but to a polished artist who spoke a lingo that i could not comprehend. I was taken aback by the nature of the talk which sounded so rehearsed that it seemed unreal. I just wanted to know whether you had had the same experience.
With regards to the exploitation of young talent by their parents, that is a known fact and one does not have to look far to find examples of this sort. However, I suspect one pays a price for fame and in many ways the way the world dumps you at the slightest sign of failure or even becoming unpopular is in many ways what has driven many to drugs and alcohol. This aspect is really sad.
In the Subcontinent in the 30s was a child prodige with an angelic voice, who mesmerised waste crowds with his angelic voice. His name was master madan . He was allegedly poisoned by established singers of the time. There were other Egyptian singers who were also poisoned. So the world of arts is also not without its tyrants.
regards
Araz

This comment reminds me of Alvin and the Chip monks Part 2 ;).. If you watched the Movie you will understand what i mean...

The girl is very talented,and i regularly watch Xfactor and other similar shows..I see many children performing better than adults,but myself being old school conservative type of guy..thinks that they shouldn't be there in the first place..they should be out there climbing trees and playing hide and seek..They have all the time to do these things in later parts of their lives..
Now this child in this video.Very adorable innocent little girl but the voice of an adult..If i am not watching the video,and don't know who is singing,i will admire the song..but as i said,i would be more happy if she is out there playing tag and being naughty..and save this for later...

I feel sad when watching some movies/sitcoms where kids make smart aleck remarks or do grown up things. I guess some people find it amusing or cool to see 'smart' kids. I just find it sad to see kids grow up so fast.

I hope this girl gets to be a little girl for as long as possible.

Back
Top Bottom