ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Jakarta terms Taliban officials’ visit ‘informal’

AFP
July 26, 2023

Deputy spokesperson at the Afghan foreign ministry, Hafiz Zia Ahmad, tweeted on July 14 that one of the government’s top diplomats led a “delegation” to Indonesia. — Photo courtesy Hafiz Zia’s Twitter account

Deputy spokesperson at the Afghan foreign ministry, Hafiz Zia Ahmad, tweeted on July 14 that one of the government’s top diplomats led a “delegation” to Indonesia. — Photo courtesy Hafiz Zia’s Twitter account
JAKARTA: Representatives of Afghanistan’s Taliban government travelled to Indonesia this month on an unofficial visit, the foreign ministry in Jakarta said on Tuesday, despite Kabul saying they held meetings with politicians in the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation.

“My understanding is that they were in Jakarta informally for internal matters with the Afghanistan mission here,” said Indonesian foreign ministry spokesman Teuku Faizasyah.

But the deputy spokesperson at the Afghan foreign ministry, Hafiz Zia Ahmad, tweeted on July 14 that one of the government’s top diplomats led a “delegation” to Indonesia.

He stated, “The delegation held useful meetings and discussions with some scholars, politicians and businessmen in Indonesia for strengthening bilateral political and economic relations.

The official did not disclose which Indonesian politicians the Afghan delegation met.

Faizasyah claimed there were no official meetings between Afghan and Indonesian government officials.

It’s good that no one is recognizing them without concessions. Something Pakistan to keep pressing partners to maintain. We need the western border secure so we can do business with the afghans without having always look over our shoulder.

Jakarta terms Taliban officials’ visit ‘informal’

AFP
July 26, 2023

JAKARTA: Representatives of Afghanistan’s Taliban government travelled to Indonesia this month on an unofficial visit, the foreign ministry in Jakarta said on Tuesday, despite Kabul saying they held meetings with politicians in the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation.

“My understanding is that they were in Jakarta informally for internal matters with the Afghanistan mission here,” said Indonesian foreign ministry spokesman Teuku Faizasyah.

But the deputy spokesperson at the Afghan foreign ministry, Hafiz Zia Ahmad, tweeted on July 14 that one of the government’s top diplomats led a “delegation” to Indonesia.

He stated, “The delegation held useful meetings and discussions with some scholars, politicians and businessmen in Indonesia for strengthening bilateral political and economic relations.

The official did not disclose which Indonesian politicians the Afghan delegation met.

Faizasyah claimed there were no official meetings between Afghan and Indonesian government officials.

Why taliban going indonesia? trade? or for cup of tea.

It’s good that no one is recognizing them without concessions. Something Pakistan to keep pressing partners to maintain. We need the western border secure so we can do business with the afghans without having always look over our shoulder.
I thought Pakistan officially recognised the Taleban govt, no ?

Why taliban going indonesia? trade? or for cup of tea.

We have big Mining companies in here. There are SOE mining companies where Taliban would want to approch.

Even Amman Mineral, a big mining company which controlling stakes owned by Muslim entrepreneur could be approached as well. Amman Mineral is 10 biggest company in Indonesia based on market capitalization. The Muslim owner also own Medco Energy, second biggest oil and gas company in Indonesia after state owned Pertamina.

I sense Taliban approache them due to Afghanistan mining potential. Coal, Chopper, Gold, Oil, Gas, etc.

Big Mining companies own by Bakrie Brothers, Kalla Group, Adaro Energy, and Indika Energy (All of them own by Muslim entrepreneurs) could be approached as well. These are mammoth in term of coal mining, except Kalla Group that focuses on manufacturing industries, but they all also have Gold and other mineral mining companies.

Kalla Group owner, Yusuf Kalla, is also close to Taliban. Very close.

Last edited:
I thought Pakistan officially recognised the Taleban govt, no ?
No one has recognized them, and thank goodness they haven’t. We need concessions that protect our interests in order for it to be worth the trouble of recognition and dealing with what will come after that.

We need a framework in place that allows uninterrupted transit trade to Central Asia and protection of foreign investments as well as a share of the value added work of the mining as well as rebuilding being done there. We also need a secure western border. In exchange, not only would we not send back their citizens enmasse, but could allow legal freedom of movement and ability to work/education, and access some key global services in Pakistan, that the world isn’t ready to allow in Afghanistan, because we have the right checks and balances in place.

They want our recognition, they need to recognize the Durand line as the border one way or another.

Last edited:

Tory MP says Britain should reopen embassy in Kabul​

Mr Ellwood said he is ‘far from’ being a Taliban appeaser but said Britain must ‘re-engage’ with Afghanistan​

Mr Ellwood, who is a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve, said that during a recent trip to Afghanistan, he “witnessed unreported compromises the war-exhausted nation is currently willing to accept”.

Mr Ellwood said he saw improved security, free travel and the disappearance of widespread corruption, adding the black market opium trade is “seemingly gone”.

Writing in The Telegraph, he said: “This war-torn nation has not experienced relative peace like this since the 1970s.

This, to put it mildly, was not what I was expecting.

“After a dozen visits to the country urging Nato and the UN to do exactly what the Taliban have now achieved, I had to grapple with the harsh reality of the West’s strategic missteps.”

The MP for Bournemouth East said it is time for Britain to “rethink and re-engage” with Afghanistan and the Taliban.

Mr Ellwood said he is ‘far from’ being a Taliban appeaser but said Britain must ‘re-engage’ with Afghanistan​

Mr Ellwood, who is a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve, said that during a recent trip to Afghanistan, he “witnessed unreported compromises the war-exhausted nation is currently willing to accept”.

Mr Ellwood said he saw improved security, free travel and the disappearance of widespread corruption, adding the black market opium trade is “seemingly gone”.

Writing in The Telegraph, he said: “This war-torn nation has not experienced relative peace like this since the 1970s.

“After a dozen visits to the country urging Nato and the UN to do exactly what the Taliban have now achieved, I had to grapple with the harsh reality of the West’s strategic missteps.”

The MP for Bournemouth East said it is time for Britain to “rethink and re-engage” with Afghanistan and the Taliban.

So it starts ..

So it starts ..

Afghanistan will soon get its sh!t together and start doing better than Pakistan at this rate.

We're led by buffoons with constant instability.

Afghanistan will soon get its sh!t together and start doing better than Pakistan at this rate.

it’s already doing better .
Women are safer in Afghanistan than in Pakistan at the moment , Afghans would rather die than video there daughters in compromising situations to blackmail .
When is the last time anyone heard of a girl being raped in Afghanistan? What was the punishment ??

We all know justice which would be dished out for any embezzlement of funds by any official the opium crops have been burnt much to many Pakistani politicians and leaders dismay due to their livelihoods being affected .

In Pakistan you are rewarded for rape for torture for corruption & stealing of public funds in Afghanistan this will give you instant death .

The west doesn’t trust Pakistan as far as it can throw it & it seems it’s interests will be better served with friendly relations with taliban

Imagine that .

Yup, despite all the adversities and disadvantages, Taliban are looking to grow their economy and infrastructure, whereas our slave sepoys are only interested in growing p0rn production as well personal assets overseas...

I had previously given Afghanistan a decade to surpass Pakistan's per capita GDP, but at the rate sepoys are destroying Pakistan, I'd reckon it could happen in the five years if not sooner.

Back
Top Bottom