What's new

Taliban administration orders beauty salons in Afghanistan to close

1688574006536.png

I hope Pakistanis and Afghanistanis now go to China for higher education.
China should set up Confucius Institutes in both Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Bastard imperial soldier with amputated limbs:
1688574182352.png

There's actually nothing wrong when a woman dresses-up for her hubby. In fact, it's actually encouraged in Islam, heh!

But of course, it's forbidden if the woman's purpose is to encourage men to x-ray her body.

The point I'm trying to make here is that it's disgusting to think that all women go to beauty salons and whatnot solely for the purpose of being a... well, a d!ck magnet.

If someone's trying to 'amp-up' their sex life, so be it! Not sure why sex is such a taboo subject when we practically breed like rabbits. I didn't know anything about sex until I was like... I dunno, 14 or something?

Sure, those were the "dark ages" sans cell phones and internet but still... sheesh!

Taliban makeover: Afghan women despair over beauty parlour ban

AFP

Afghan women walks past a closed beauty parlour in Kabul on July 25, 2023. Afghanistan’s Taliban authorities have ordered beauty parlours across the country to shut within a month, the vice ministry confirmed the latest curb to squeeze women out of public life. Photo: AFP

Afghan women walks past a closed beauty parlour in Kabul on July 25, 2023. Afghanistan’s Taliban authorities have ordered beauty parlours across the country to shut within a month, the vice ministry confirmed the latest curb to squeeze women out of public life. Photo: AFP

KABUL: Shirin booked her bridal makeover weeks ago, but instead of relaxing as beauticians pampered her, everyone in the Kabul salon was on edge, ready to hide the bride should the police appear.

Shirin was the last customer at a salon in Afghanistan’s capital, one of thousands across the country shuttered on Tuesday by order of Taliban authorities.

“I have someone on watch outside in case the Taliban arrive. If something happens, we’ll put her in the bathroom or store room and look busy packing,” salon owner Aziza said.

“Even if they put me in prison, I will do her makeover because I promised her.”

Afghan women peek through the door of a vacated beauty parlour in Kabul on July 25, 2023. Afghanistan’s Taliban authorities have ordered beauty parlours across the country to shut within a month, the vice ministry confirmed the latest curb to squeeze women out of public life. Photo: AFP

Afghan women peek through the door of a vacated beauty parlour in Kabul on July 25, 2023. Afghanistan’s Taliban authorities have ordered beauty parlours across the country to shut within a month, the vice ministry confirmed the latest curb to squeeze women out of public life. Photo: AFP

As some beauticians fluttered around Shirin, others were busy packing up the salon.

Like tens of thousands of other parlour employees, they have been pushed from one of the last remaining areas of work open to women under the Taliban government.

The ban on beauty parlours is the latest blow not only to women’s earning capabilities – with salon owners and worker salaries often the only source of income for households – but also to their social lives.

“We were heartbroken when we heard salons were closing because they were places where we not only took care of our appearance, but we could see friends and make new ones, chat and ease our sorrows,” said 21-year-old Bahara, a salon customer in Kabul.

“Women are not allowed to enter entertainment places, so what can we do? Where can we go to enjoy ourselves? Where can we gather to meet each other?”

An afghan boy peels off stickers from a window of closed beauty parlour in Kabul on July 25, 2023. Photo: AFP

An afghan boy peels off stickers from a window of closed beauty parlour in Kabul on July 25, 2023. Photo: AFP

Since sweeping back to power in August 2021, Taliban authorities have banned girls and women from attending high school and university, barred them from visiting parks, fun-fairs and gyms, and have ordered them to cover up in public.

Women have also been mostly blocked from working for the United Nations or NGOs, with thousands sacked from government jobs or being paid to stay at home.

All doors closed

Kamela started working in a salon a year ago when she lost her media job and was no longer able to continue her education. As the sole breadwinner for her family of five, the 19-year-old doesn’t know what she’ll do without her beauty parlour paycheck.

“Closing beauty salons means all doors are closed to me, which means I cannot work and live as a woman in Afghanistan,” she told AFP this week, braiding the long black hair of one of the salon’s last clients.

“Maybe tomorrow the Taliban will say that women are not allowed to breathe.”

Manizha, 28, poured time and money into growing her own salon since 2018, training some 200 women to work in the industry and also become “self-sufficient”.

Now her current 25 employees, all the main earners in their families, are back to square one, and Manizha must watch as her efforts go to waste.

“I worked so hard and now my achievement is reduced to nothing,” she told AFP.

“I stayed in the country and paid tax to the government, and now they are closing down our beauty salon. It is such a shame, this is a huge blow to the country’s economy and to us.”

In the weeks before the ban went into effect, women rushed to salons to have their hair dyed and eyebrows shaped.

The Ministry for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice claimed extravagant sums spent on makeovers caused hardship for poor families and some treatments – such as eyelash extensions and hair weaving – were un-Islamic.

But beautician Najla felt the work was a good, ethical living.

“I was doing a good job, I was able to get a bit of bread to take home. What will I do now?” said the orphan, who looks after her siblings.

Taliban use stun guns, fire hoses and gunfire to break up Afghan women protesting beauty salon ban​

by The Frontier Post

3929056-1917429571.jpg

KABUL (AP) : Dozens of Afghan women protested a beauty salon ban on Wednesday after the Taliban ordered their closure nationwide. Security forces used fire hoses, stun guns and shot their guns into the air to break up the protest.

The Taliban said earlier this month they were giving all salons in Afghanistan one month to wind down their businesses and close shop, drawing concern from international officials worried about the impact on female entrepreneurs.

The Taliban say they are outlawing salons allegedly because they offer services forbidden by Islam and cause economic hardship for grooms’ families during wedding festivities.

The ruling came from the Taliban leader Hibatullah Akhundzada — the latest curb on the rights and freedoms of Afghan women and girls, following edicts barring them from education, public spaces and most forms of employment.

In a rare sign of public opposition to Taliban orders, dozens of beauticians and makeup artists gathered in the capital of Kabul to protest the ban.

“We are here for justice,” said one protester who identified herself as Farzana. “We want work, food and freedom.”

The Taliban sprayed the women with water and shot their rifles into the air to disperse the gathering.

Farzana later said the women were going to the UN mission in Afghanistan, urging protesters to stay together.

One protester told The Associated Press the demonstration started at around 10 a.m. in the Shar-e-Naw area of the capital. She did not want to give her name for fear of reprisals.

“The purpose of our demonstration was that they (the Taliban) should reconsider and reverse the decision to close beauty salons because this is about our lives,” she said. “All of us, 50 to 60 women, participated. Our slogan was work, bread and freedom.”

The protest continued into the early afternoon, when the Taliban arrived to break up the crowd, she said. They used stun guns on the demonstrators.

“They put two or three of our friends in the car and took them,” she said.

Nobody from the Taliban-run government was immediately available for comment about the protest.

The United Nations mission in Afghanistan, known as UNAMA, criticized the Taliban use of force in dispersing the protesters.

“Reports of the forceful suppression of a peaceful protest by women against the ban on beauty salons — the latest denial of women’s rights in #Afghanistan — are deeply concerning,” the UN mission said in a tweet. “Afghans have the right to express views free from violence. De facto authorities must uphold this.”

Meanwhile, the Taliban-run Ministry for Vice and Virtue, which had announced the ban on beauty salons in early July, said Wednesday it was destroying goods and instruments used for the “promotion of music and corruption” and posted photos of bonfires on Twitter.

“These materials, which were collected from immoral programs in Kabul and some provinces in the past few months, and which caused the loss of our youth and the deterioration of society, were destroyed according to Sharia (Islamic law),” the ministry tweeted.

Meanwhile, beauty parlors for young boys are gonna suddenly be on the rise.

Taliban continuing to prove that they're all gay cucks.
Afghan Taliban are now running Afghanistan as we speak. Their country, their rules.

Back
Top Bottom