What's new

Jamaran-2

Have they launched Velayat yet? how about Damavand I heard they completed it too recently? or is it dubbed "Jamaran 2". If they are separate ships then the number of mowj would be 4, Jamaran, Velayat, Jamaran 2 and Damavand??? am confused..

Good to hear about the new mowj though :)

The Mowdge Class vessel has a displacement of around 14,000 tons

Isn't it around 1500 ?

Mowj 2 > Jamaran 2 > Velaiat > Damavand ....

it's like the project is jamaran 2 (second ship of mowj class) , the name is velaiat and the nickname damavand :D

13910628000417_PhotoA.jpg

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran will launch its second Mowdge class destroyer, dubbed as 'Jamaran 2', on Sunday, the Iranian Defense Ministry announced.

:yahoo::yahoo:

In a statement on Saturday, the ministry said that the advanced home-made destroyer will be launched in the Caspian Sea in an official ceremony to be attended by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Hassan Firouzabadi, and Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi.

The statement said the destroyer which has been designed and developed by Iranian experts uses the state-of-the-art navigation systems and domestically-made sophisticated defensive equipments.

The destroyer which is the symbol of power and capability of the Iranian naval industry will join the Navy's subsurface fleet in the first half of the next Iranian year (March 21 - September 22) after undergoing final tests, the statement noted.

Earlier this week, the Iranian defense minister had said that the advanced Jamaran 2 destroyer, which has been designed and developed by Iranian experts at the defense ministry's naval industries organization, will be launched in the Caspian Sea in the near future.

He added that the defense ministry is also designing and manufacturing different types of satellites, satellite carriers, missiles, aircraft, choppers, tanks, personnel carriers, munitions, electronic systems, optical devices and communication devices.

Iran's first home-made destroyer, Jamaran, was launched in late February 2010. The Mowdge Class vessel has a displacement of around 14,000 tons and is equipped with modern radars and electronic warfare capabilities and is armed with a variety of anti-ship, surface-to-surface and surface-to-air missiles.

I guess the Jamran has a displacement around 1,500 tons, right?

I think Iran should develop its own Aegis class DDG.

Jamaran is great, but it isn't enough to provide the sufficient air defence for Iran.

I think Iran should spend about 10-15 years to develop its indigenous Aegis system. :coffee:

Tehran has launched its second domestically built guided-missile destroyer in the Caspian Sea, Iranian state TV reported on Sunday.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was present at the launch of the Jamaran-2 destroyer in the port city of Anali, 250 kilometers northwest of the country’s capital. During the ceremony, the leader hailed the construction of the destroyer as a “great achievement” for the Islamic republic, Xinhua news agency reported.

The 1,420-ton destroyer is equipped with a 20,000-horsepower engine and can travel at a top speed of 30 knots, and has the capability to carry helicopters, different surface-to-surface and surface-to-air missiles, advanced artillery and torpedo systems, Press TV reported.

Jamaran-2 is set to officially join the Iranian navy's fleet within the next six months, following the completion of final testing.

The move will mark the first heavyweight Iranian military presence in the oil-rich Caspian Sea. The five surrounding countries – Iran, Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan – have not reached an agreement on exploitation of its resources.

Tehran wants all five nations to share the sea's resources equally. However, the other four nations support exploitation through mutual pacts, putting Iran's share at about 12 percent.

In February 2010, the Iranian navy launched the Jamaran-1 destroyer in the Persian Gulf – the country’s first domestically-built destroyer – equipped with modern radar and electronic warfare capabilities.

iran-destroyer-warship-launch.si.jpg

A Noor missile is fired from Iran's first domestically made destroyer, Jamaran, during a war game by the Iranian army near Jask port in southern Iran

finally we are seeing first operational AESA radar in Iran.plus unlike jamaran-1 this uses an Iranian engine as well.

cant wait to see first loghman class frigate....

finally we are seeing first operational AESA radar in Iran.plus unlike jamaran-1 this uses an Iranian engine as well.

cant wait to see first loghman class frigate....

This sounds like a test platform to me, maybe the bigger destroyer with AESA radar is planned in the future?

Should Iran develop the destroyer with the VLS units?

This is the best combination with the AESA radar.

I´m not thrilled by what I´m seeing here....

Oh... really? You really should be, that is if you understand the meaning of sanction and espionage! :no:

By the way how are things in the south pole? :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom