What's new

Japan Economy Forum

No Colombia, India, Malaysia, Nigeria, Turkey, Poland? Instead, we have Laos, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Peru, Sri Lanka, Myanmar? Something is wrong with this picture. China hasn't even peaked yet, and you're already talking about what comes after China.
With all respect I don't think you know what an emerging market is. At the moment cheap production of the world is happening in China. In coming years it will move to those 16 new emerging countries.

funny how china has then more growth than all of these countries despite having bigger gdp per capita
Japan is investing in the neighbors of China, as you can see, those countries like Philippines, Thailand,etc will act as buffer zone against Chinese terrorism, see it as another South-Korea. Development, strong military to protect herself and civilized country. Investment is also a tool and Japan is using it wisely.

That is why China will never become not even a regional power. Japan is scooping up all their neighbors. They are strategically investinging for Japanese geopolitical interest. For example look at south-Korea 50 years ago, would you imagine them to be so developed today? Same will happen with Philippines, Indonesians and so on with Japanese investment. Not everbody is seeing, but Japan is rising star. They stopped being inwards and going outwards.

Last edited:
With all respect I don't think you know what an emerging market is. At the moment cheap production of the world is happening in China. In coming years it will move to those 16 new emerging countries.

Japan is investing in the neighbors of China, as you can see, those countries like Philippines, Thailand,etc will act as buffer zone against Chinese terrorism, see it as another South-Korea. Development, strong military to protect herself and civilized country. Investment is also a tool and Japan is using it wisely.

That is why China will never become not even a regional power. Japan is scooping up all their neighbors. They are strategically investinging for Japanese geopolitical interest. For example look at south-Korea 50 years ago, would you imagine them to be so developed today? Same will happen with Philippines, Indonesians and so on with Japanese investment. Not everbody is seeing, but Japan is rising star. They stopped being inwards and going outwards.

Cheap production moved out of China over 8 years ago. The production in China is now produced mostly for the Chinese market which is the world's fastest growing market. Production in China is now being done more and more by domestic Chinese companies, both private and state-owned. Foreign manufacturing makes a smaller and smaller portion of total Chinese manufacturing output.

Japan is nothing special anymore, they are not only a incredibly ageing country but the population of Japan is declining. Most Japanese corporations are going bankrupt as competition from China and other countries are displacing Japanese technology and companies. Japanese monopoly on investment, technology and markets are being replaced by China. China is far too big and far too powerful for Japan or anyone else to stop. China is already an incredibly powerful country even though China is still a developing country. As China grows and develops, not a country on this planet will get within touching distance of China.

No amount wishful thinking among the haters will stop the rise of China :coffee:

It doesnt change the fact that Japan will be pouring in billions of dollars investments in the Philippines. And we will make the Philippines into our major industrial / manufacturing hub in ASEAN. :coffee:

Japan doesn't have the money to invest as Japanese companies are going bankrupt on a monthly basis. They are more worried about cutting costs to stay in business. The biggest Japanese companies are being hammered by Chinese and South Korean companies. Japanese economy is crashing as the currency has collapsed, inflation has risen and growth is still low. Japan is experiencing stagflation and with a declining population and low consumption and the staggering debt levels, Japan is becoming irrelevant with each passing year.

Are you serious?

The Philippines' population has reached 100 million. They are 2nd most populous nation in ASEAN , second only to Indonesia. They have a very large man power, and most of their population is young.

PS. Malaysia has less than 35 million people. :coffee:

Most of the Pinoy population is illiterate. Nigeria has a massive population but their population is too stupid to be anything this century or the next.

Last edited:
Are you serious?

The Philippines' population has reached 100 million. They are 2nd most populous nation in ASEAN , second only to Indonesia. They have a very large man power, and most of their population is young.

Malaysia has a better education system, better knowledge base. Japan does not want to turn Malaysia into another competitor like China, that is the only reason it's picked Philippines!

On the contrary, please provide a definition of emerging market in which the countries I listed do not qualify. The IMF classifies all of the countries I listed as emerging economies, so I stand on solid ground. I specifically mentioned those countries because they have a combination of growth and population size that makes them suitable for imitating China's development.

Please explain how Laos, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Peru, Sri Lanka, Myanmar will serve as replacements for China in any way.

Cheap production moved out of China over 8 years ago. The production in China is now produced mostly for the Chinese market which is the world's fastest growing market. Production in China is now being done more and more by domestic Chinese companies, both private and state-owned. Foreign manufacturing makes a smaller and smaller portion of total Chinese manufacturing output.

Japan is nothing special anymore, they are not only a incredibly ageing country but the population of Japan is declining. Most Japanese corporations are going bankrupt as competition from China and other countries are displacing Japanese technology and companies. Japanese monopoly on investment, technology and markets are being replaced by China. China is far too big and far too powerful for Japan or anyone else to stop. China is already an incredibly powerful country even though China is still a developing country. As China grows and develops, not a country on this planet will get within touching distance of China.

No amount wishful thinking among the haters will stop the rise of China :coffee:

Japan doesn't have the money to invest as Japanese companies are going bankrupt on a monthly basis. They are more worried about cutting costs to stay in business. The biggest Japanese companies are being hammered by Chinese and South Korean companies. Japanese economy is crashing as the currency has collapsed, inflation has risen and growth is still low. Japan is experiencing stagflation and with a declining population and low consumption and the staggering debt levels, Japan is becoming irrelevant with each passing year.

Most of the Pinoy population is illiterate. Nigeria has a massive population but their population is too stupid to be anything this century or the next.

Oh please dont start amjoirty really check your numbers again oh wait propaganda does not count hahahaha stupid chinamen

anyway people ignore this arrogant SOB majority of our population can read and write 97% of the country is literate still this manufaturing manpower is the norm

Malaysia has a better education system, better knowledge base. Japan does not want to turn Malaysia into another competitor like China, that is the only reason it's picked Philippines!

Maybe as Part of ASEAN maybe we can get a deal that would benefit the whole ASEAN not just the one country

Anyway i hope the non chinese imperial country would invest on power sector too we need many power plants now since we are growing i hope Japan and South Korea would invest more on this areas time to get the chinko imperials out of my country they been gives us not but trouble

Oh please dont start amjoirty really check your numbers again oh wait propaganda does not count hahahaha stupid chinamen

anyway people ignore this arrogant SOB majority of our population can read and write 97% of the country is literate still this manufaturing manpower is the norm

Maybe as Part of ASEAN maybe we can get a deal that would benefit the whole ASEAN not just the one country

Anyway i hope the non chinese imperial country would invest on power sector too we need many power plants now since we are growing i hope Japan and South Korea would invest more on this areas time to get the chinko imperials out of my country they been gives us not but trouble
Showing your country flags would be nice!

You are entitled to your opinion and I do partly agree with you. But there is a difference between China and these countries:

1) The investment China is making in R&D
2) The knowledge base that exists in China.
3) The military, and political clout China has

I could go on, but this thread is about Japan, lets not derail it.
brother, don`t care about his words.Chinese industry is upgrading now.some manufacturing will be transferred to Southeast Asia and South Asia.but it not means china will soon decline,instead,we will be more powerful.this Turkish guy words such as ”china will be surrounded by south-Koreas.“ is Working on the mouth addiction.In the world economy,I seldom see Turkey.Wealth come from diligence and wisdom not words and obscenity,let this guy immersed in his own world.:pakistan::china:

On the contrary, please provide a definition of emerging market in which the countries I listed do not qualify. The IMF classifies all of the countries I listed as emerging economies, so I stand on solid ground. I specifically mentioned those countries because they have a combination of growth and population size that makes them suitable for imitating China's development.

Please explain how Laos, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Peru, Sri Lanka, Myanmar will serve as replacements for China in any way.
How? Wishful thinking!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

brother, don`t care about his words.Chinese industry is upgrading now.some manufacturing will be transferred to Southeast Asia and South Asia.but it not means china will soon decline,instead,we will be more powerful.this Turkish guy words such as ”china will be surrounded by south-Koreas.“ is Working on the mouth addiction.In the world economy,I seldom see Turkey.Wealth come from diligence and wisdom not words and obscenity,let this guy immersed in his own world.:pakistan::china:
Well said!!! Welcome aboard Bro!!

The more I think about our manufacturing capability, I got goosebumps. We are just a MONSTER at making stuff. That all. NOBODY can do what we do. We make the 20th century manufacturer powerhouse like US and Nazi Germany look like child play.

Wow so finally adminting your trying to be Nazi Germany

Guess the Filipinos didn't get enough after the Manila massacre of 1945.

Oh please since 1950s the Japanese have been best trade partner unlike china who continue to stealing from us our natural resources besides our islands and flooding our markerts with illegal import trash killing local industries so you guys are just causing us trouble why guys leave and take your trash with you! you people are nothing but porblem maker that causes problems for everyone just go

Good luck for Pinoy to becoming manufacturing hub for Japan companies, as Indonesia will chose the most difficult way to become industrialized country, with Nationalism Economy in Industry and manufacturing Sector .............
tabrakan.gif

Are you serious?

Philippines is also 300,000 km². It is actually even smaller than Japan and I am sure you are aware Japan's dependence on resource import, which drives up the manufacturing cost. Indonesia, on the other hand, is 1.919 million km². It is the most resource rich nation in the area aside from Australia.

No Colombia, India, Malaysia, Nigeria, Turkey, Poland? Instead, we have Laos, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Peru, Sri Lanka, Myanmar? Something is wrong with this picture. China hasn't even peaked yet, and you're already talking about what comes after China.
Economics is not my subject but according to my knowledge, these countries will replace China's manufacturing power in future since China is being transformed into a high-income country from a middle-income country. Investments will be shifted into other post-China economies for cheap labour.

Economics is not my subject but according to my knowledge, these countries will replace China's manufacturing power in future since China is being transformed into a high-income country from a middle-income country. Investments will be shifted into other post-China economies for cheap labour.

I don't doubt that manufacturing will gradually shift away from China, but not to the countries mentioned by the OP. They have neither the population size nor the economic growth necessary to take on such a burden. A much stronger argument can be made for the Next Eleven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which includes the countries I mentioned.

That said, no single country can replace China.

MAFTA

Multilateral Agreement for a Free Trade Alliance

I propose formation of an economic block MAFTA composed of Pakistan, China, Afghanistan, Russia, Iran, Turkey, Bangla Desh, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, CARs, Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia, Venezuella, Japan, Cuba, Bolivia, Ireland, Brunei Dar as Salam and Palestinian Authority for free trade without or reduced customs duties.

A MAFTA secretariat should be formed in Istanbul or Kuala Lumpur to coordinate all the activites.

Pakistan and Afghanistan in particular can benefit from adaptation of the advanced technologies from brotherly countries. An example is the recent Metro Bus project in various cities of Punjab with the help of Turkey.

Malaysia and Indonesia are rich in Palm oil and can meet the needs of member countries. Malaysia is also ahead in technology.

Pakistan is a big exporter of Textile and Leather goods.

Brazil is an important member of BRICS group and the biggest exporter in south America.

Saudi Arabia, Iran and Venezuela are major exporters of crude oil. Russia is also a big exporter of gas and can supply Pakistan through its purchased gas from Turkmenistan.

Japan is the technological giant of the East and is already helping Pakistan in various projects.

Cuba is known for its independent policy and is the leading voice of the leftist world and will help us in gaining more space and allies diplomatically. The Cuban doctors performed selflessly during the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan.

Republic of Ireland is known for its independent foreign policy on the European mainland as opposed to Britain which is always toeing the American line.

Iran has patched up its differences with America and is emerging on world stage as a mature power.

Turkey is leading the Muslim world in moderate thought, technology, foreign investment and outreach.

Back
Top Bottom