Japan offers to fund 81% of India's first bullet train worth $15 billion

sankar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Japan offers to fund 81% of India's first bullet train worth $15 billion
By PTI | 11 Dec, 2015, 07.25PM IST

shinzo-sushma_ap.jpg

NEW DELHI: Japan has offered a loan amounting to 81 per cent of the cost of the $15 billion Mumbai-Ahmedabad high speed rail project, Rajya Sabha was informed today.

"Government of Japan has given an assistance package proposal for Mumbai-Ahmedabad high speed rail project involving financial assistance to the tune of 81 per cent of the project cost as loan," Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha said in a written reply to a question.

With trains zipping along at up to 320k ..

Read more at:
Japan offers to fund 81% of India's first bullet train worth $15 billion - The Economic Times

I read the terms - they were more than 60% less than what the chinese charges Africa, Pakistan and other countries, plus china insists on only hiring chinese companies for everything- and insists on only hiring their workers too. I say this because I believe you had china in the bid process too.

Good terms.

Last edited:
I read the terms - they were more than 60% less than what chinese charges Africa, Pakistan and other countries, plus china insists on only hiring chinese companies for everything and workers too. I say this because I believe you had china in the bid process too.

Good terms.
Yep,. You're right. A deal should be two way whereas china trying for one way. Even many African nations restrain from China further deals

No idea if Mumbai Ahmedabad has the capacity to absorb such massive investments though.

It won't be done by 2023 though, things will be very different by then.

Also, land will actually be acquired because BJP is in charge of both states, which is by far the most important factor to consider when it comes to these kinds of projects.

Eight years hereafter, the price difference between the Air fare & Bullet train would be the deciding factor.
Bullet train takes double the flight time = 2 hours.
People's choice.

Eight years hereafter, the price difference between the Air fare & Bullet train would be the deciding factor.
People's choice.

The HSR connects atleast half a dozen intermediate urban clusters (Thane, Surat, Baroda, Anand etc) with both Mumbai and Ahmedabad. That too, without as many hassles of air travel.

No comparison with flights at all even when you consider the slightly duration of the journey and even slightly higher fare for the HSR.

The HSR connects atleast half a dozen intermediate urban clusters (Thane, Surat, Baroda, Anand etc) with both Mumbai and Ahmedabad. That too, without as many hassles of air travel.

No comparison with flights at all even when you consider the slightly duration of the journey and even slightly higher fare for the HSR.

How does the Thane sit in this picture, without even knowing where the bullet train last stop (station) would be in Mumbai?
And more, why it should halt at Anand, which is just 35 KM from Vadodra/Baroda? Bullet trains are not meant to stop frequently at very short distance.

How does the Thane sit in this picture, without even knowing where the bullet train last stop (station) would be in Mumbai?
And more, why it should halt at Anand, which is just 35 KM from Vadodra/Baroda? Bullet trains are not meant to stop frequently at very short distance.

Mate, I know very well that HSR is not meant to connect short distances. I just gave examples of urban clusters that could be easily connected with HSR which wouldn't be otherwise served by flights that efficiently.

Mate, I know very well that HSR is not meant to connect short distances. I just gave examples of urban clusters that could be easily connected with HSR which wouldn't be otherwise served by flights that efficiently.

Unwarranted, ambiguous, irrelevant in response to my statement:

Was it tough to understand that I was NOT talking about Anand, Surat & Baroda flight?

Move on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom