What's new

Japan's flagship H3 rocket fails to take-off

REhorror

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Japan’s new H3 space rocket has failed to blast off because two booster engines did not ignite following the successful ignition of the flagship space vehicle’s main engine, media reported.

During a live stream of the scheduled launch on Friday, the H3’s main engine cut off after the launch countdown reached zero, leaving the 57-metre (187 ft) high rocket standing on its launch pad at the Tanegashima Space Center on Tanegashima Island in the country’s southwestern Kagoshima prefecture.

Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) said the H3’s main engine had ignited but the boosters did not, according to the English edition of Japan’s Mainichi Shimbun newspaper.

JAXA said it was investigating the cause of the apparent failure.

If the launch had been successful, the H3 would have carried Japan’s ALOS-3 land observation satellite into orbit. The observation satellite, which JAXA said is a key tool for disaster-management imaging, is also equipped with an infrared sensor designed to detect North Korean ballistic missiles.
Is this it for Japan's space industry?
First the Epsilon failure and now this?

Is it over?

Japan most advanced country in the world my rear end. For me the last vestige of Japanese "advancement" was anime. BUT, recently I don't look at Japanese anime anymore. Anyone been to WeTV "anime" section lately? Holy smoke Purple River 10x way better than Final Fantasy. A Will Eternal 10x way better than Naruto. Perfect World 10x way better than DragonBall. Besides anime isnt even technological advancement and China a late comer but beating Japan at it too!

Japan most advanced country in the world my rear end. For me the last vestige of Japanese "advancement" was anime. BUT, recently I don't look at Japanese anime anymore. Anyone been to WeTV "anime" section lately? Holy smoke Purple River 10x way better than Final Fantasy. A Will Eternal 10x way better than Naruto. Perfect World 10x way better than DragonBall. Besides anime isnt even technological advancement and China a late comer but beating Japan at it too!
Anime>> whatever cultivation stuff china has, it's all so monotonous and there's no character development.
I'd prefer Korean Manwha adaptations over Cultivation type shows.

Japanese are obsessed with animes because in the real world Japanese are overall not good looking.

What is Purple River and a Will Eternal?
Haven't heard of them.

Never nuke a country twice. This shit's on you USA.

d5d32777f01178740b2671d9b0dda16c.jpg

So apparently early this year, they have a successful launch with the H2-A model:

So it's not a failure combo, but this H3 rocket is a new one aimed to reduce the cost of the H2-A and its first launch was not...successful.

Is this it for Japan's space industry?
First the Epsilon failure and now this?

Is it over?
New rockets teething issues. They will eventually work out the issues. But technologically wise, this rocket is already out of date.

New rockets teething issues. They will eventually work out the issues. But technologically wise, this rocket is already out of date.
It's actually the first that uses a new designed engine called "expander bleed cycle", and it's supposed to be majorly cheap, halving the cost of the H2A.

If it's successful, it can compete with the US's Falcon 9 on a cost basis (each costs around 50-60 million USD per launch).

Last edited:
It's actually the first that uses a new designed engine called "expander bleed cycle", and it's supposed to be majorly cheap, halving the cost of the H2A.

If it's successful, it can compete with the US's Falcon 9 on a cost basis (each costs around 50-60 million per launch).
highly doubt that... only time will tell I guess.

The good news for the H3 is that while it didn't launch, most of the stuff were undamaged, they are investigating the cause and will launch again within the year:

So it's not a complete bust like the Epsilon.

What is Purple River and a Will Eternal?
Haven't heard of them.

I purposely skipped the prologue so you can see in the intro sequence a character with long hair that looks like Sepiroth from Final Fantasy VII. THIS anime kicks Final Fantasy arse several times over!

This next one meant to be a Naruto clone with 2D animation but also kicks Naruto's rear end several times over:

I purposely skipped the prologue so you can see in the intro sequence a character with long hair that looks like Sepiroth from Final Fantasy VII. THIS anime kicks Final Fantasy arse several times over!

This next one meant to be a Naruto clone with 2D animation but also kicks Naruto's rear end several times over:

Never heard of either of them and I don't think so.

EDIT: There is one chinese anime I'm looking forward to though:

Last edited:
Never heard of either of them and I don't think so.
Vietnam man living in his little dream bubble where the Japs rule and own the world.

Tencent makes those anime. Is Tencent inferior to the Japanese anime studios like Sunrise, etc.? NOT a fat chance. This type of donghua especialy if it's made by Tencent makes China the future ruler of the anime world...

The Japs used to rule the video game and anime industries. Now China won't even give Japan a fat chance... Just look at the success of Genshin Impact and also WeTV that only airs contents made (mostly) by Tencent.

Back
Top Bottom