What's new

Javed Sheikh Brutally Slammed By Pak Fans After He Revealed His Fee For Shah Rukh Khan’s Om Shanti Om

Kuru

Reaction score
Country
India

Javed Sheikh Brutally Slammed By Pak Fans After He Revealed His Fee For Shah Rukh Khan’s Om Shanti Om​

Mumbai, India
Javed Sheikh played Shah Rukh Khan's on-screen father in Om Shanti Om.

Javed Sheikh played Shah Rukh Khan's on-screen father in Om Shanti Om.

Javed Sheikh faces backlash after he revealed how much he charged for starring next to Shah Rukh Khan in Om Shanti Om. The film released back in 2007.​

Pakistani actor Javed Sheikh who played Shah Rukh Khan’s on-screen father in the 2007 hit movie Om Shanti Om recently revealed his remuneration during an interview. His answer didn’t really sit well with a few of his countrymen. During an interview, the veteran actor revealed that he charged only Re 1 to work with Shah Rukh Khan and Farah Khan.

In an interview with Gloss Etc, Javed was asked about his experience working on the Farah Khan film. After being finalised for the film, there was a discussion about his fee. He shared, “Their manager came to me, and said they needed to sign the contract. I said, ‘Yes’. ‘What will be your fee?’ I said I won’t take any money.”

He explained, “The thing is that firstly it’s a matter of honour for me that I am playing Shah Rukh’s father in his biggest film ever. India has so many actors. You choose anyone and they will be ready to take on this role. But Shah Rukh and Farah Khan choosing me is a thing of honour for me. That’s why, because of Farah and Shah Rukh, I will not take any money.”

Reportedly, the manager then refused to listen and said it was against the rules. After having a long discussion about it, Javed finally suggested, “You go and tell Shah Rukh I will take just one rupee. I’m not joking.” Then, the film’s team decided how much Javed should be paid. “When they sent me the first cheque, it was shocking itself.”

Netizens have now expressed their disappointment with his take. According to a news portal Reviewit.pk, one of them wrote, ‘This is what you call not having any self-respect’. Another comment read, ‘That’s again showing them how little we are and you are our superior.’ ‘Very unprofessional,’ read another one.

Back in 2007, Farah Khan’s Om Shanti Om turned out to be one of the biggest blockbusters in the history of Indian cinema. The movie also marked the debut of actress Deepika Padukone. Helmed by Farah Khan, the movie also starred Arjun Rampal in a negative role.

1685990111513.png

1685990137772.png

1685990173975.png

Great gesture by Javed Sheikh , big gesture

Money is not everything , sometimes , doing something special is priceless you remember it as a great moment every time you sit in solitude

I remember back in 90's many Pakistani artist and Indian artist used to do , Entertainment singing shows in Dubai , a mix of artist from both India and Pakistan

Provided the role is a positive role , and impactful role , I agree with Javed Sheikh 100%

Respect to the man for 2 things - he was truly happy to work with SRK. eg if I have to jam for a show with Queen or Metallica I would just do it without taking any fee, or bat with Tendulkar.
2nd I wish that the exposure would give him opportunities to take off his career.

The money laundering industry really flourished during the 90s and 2000s. They had been at the forefront of Aman ka Tamasha.

The channel for Artist / film and movie exchange must happen
It is healthy for neighboring countries

Less of Army and prade and more of Movies / Songs from India

Infact let us have a cultural days with India for art and culture

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom