What's new

JF-17 Participating in ''Gulf Shield'' Joint Exercise

@Windjammer @Oscar @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777 @Knuckles @Hodor @khanasifm

The PAF has made a huge and bold point by sending only the Thunders and C-130 to an exercise that otherwise has only NATO aircraft. Notable by their absence are the Vipers and the Karakoram Eagle. Are we to understand that Thunder is fully interoperable with NATO aircraft?

Also, a professional airforce like PAF would never send an aircraft to the exercise that couldn't hold its own. This is a loud and clear message from PAF that Thunder is ready for the F-15s and the F-18s of the world. Alhamdulillah.
Define interoperability? Link-17 has worked to an extent but so far JF-17s cannot take complete information directly from the block 52.

As far as taking on the f-18s and 15s.. it depends on the scenarios and a multitude of variables. It isn’t the best or an extreme high end aircraft; but it can fly and fight in thr coming air warfare environment with a reasonable degree of survival probability.

@Windjammer how was this exercise for Thunders?
What if it was shot down more than it shot others down?
Would that make it an automatic “bad” airplane?
Could it be due to scenarios? Or poor tactics of PAF pilots?

All of these measures are subjective.

In home based exercises.. JF-17s flown by experienced pilots have left block 52 drivers confounded.. and it is likely that under a normal unit that made bad decisions they were creamed 0:6.

Define interoperability? Link-17 has worked to an extent but so far JF-17s cannot take complete information directly from the block 52.

As far as taking on the f-18s and 15s.. it depends on the scenarios and a multitude of variables. It isn’t the best or an extreme high end aircraft; but it can fly and fight in thr coming air warfare environment with a reasonable degree of survival probability.

What if it was shot down more than it shot others down?
Would that make it an automatic “bad” airplane?
Could it be due to scenarios? Or poor tactics of PAF pilots?

All of these measures are subjective.

In home based exercises.. JF-17s flown by experienced pilots have left block 52 drivers confounded.. and it is likely that under a normal unit that made bad decisions they were creamed 0:6.

Link 17 go read paf last official history book for details on paf effort in this regard

Also it provide details of all local capabilities

Not sure what you mean complete info ??

Link 17 go read paf last official history book for details on paf effort in this regard

Also it provide details of all local capabilities

Not sure what you mean complete info ??
I don’t need to, The development started two cubicles down from me so I know exactly what it brings and not.

I don’t need to, The development started two cubicles down from me so I know exactly what it brings and not.

that’s why you are blogging about it on open forum ?? Not sure how clearance work over there ?? :D

that’s why you are blogging about it on open forum ?? Not sure how clearance work over there ?? :D
Yup, I know exactly what to blog and what not to. Been here 9 years and know what is to be conveyed accurately and what can be half truths or what can be not.

The single seat Hornet is being flown by a Kuwaiti AF pilot with over 3500+ hours in the jet....

Looks like jf ejection seat is also inclined more than Standard 13/14 degree example f-15 and more like close to 30 degree like f-16

Question does anybody know if jf air to air refuelling probe is compatible with both NATO as well as Russians/Chinese system

As far as I know there are some differences like pressurisation and nato also requires break off safety in the system hardware for emergencies

Chinese usually try to copy Russian but may have copied nato as British system was studied in 80 as it was once made available to them or Israeli provided input / help

If mirage nato compatible probe can work with soviet system Il-78mp then assuming jf probe should also ??

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-Tanker-Programs.html

Last edited:
Its been over a year, and I somehow found this clip on YouTube.

What's really funny is seeing our (former) PM among VIP's :lol: .

Back
Top Bottom