What's new

Joe Biden as U.S. president would help India get seat on UNSC, says former American diplomat Richard

Democrats :hitwall:... and worst many idiots Pakistani will vote for Democrats thinking... oh we are kala part 2.

Old news, even China can support India get a seat. But Permanent Member 5 all agree to grant India a seat without veto power.

Which means just a seat. It's fine.

But but, this news itself can make some Indians high for quite a while again and again.

I doubt any other country will be able to get a permanent seat at the UNSC. You have to remember the UNSC was created for the victors of WWII (US, USSR, UK, China, France). Indian soldiers fought under the British Raj at the time so I don't really see any basis for their inclusion (or for any other country's inclusion). And besides, I doubt China would let India get a permanent seat since it needs to protect Pakistan.

Do you know how long it took for china to get that seat ? That too with India consistently lobbying for china.

Google it.

Do you know how long it took for china to get that seat ? That too with India consistently lobbying for china.

Google it.
Actually it was Albania who was lobbying primarily for China. But what I meant was that China was one of the original five members (i.e. Republic of China) because of WWII. It was only a matter of which government represented China (the PRC or the Taiwan gov) ... not whether or not China got that seat .

If anything South America and Africa ought to be represented first. India doesn't even have any real reason for deserving a seat other than their high population.
Ya India doesn't have any reason for deserving a seat...So what if

* India represents 1/6th of global population..
* 5th largest economy which most likely be 3rd largest by 2030...
* 2nd largest Army...
* 3rd or maybe 4th largest navy..
* Not to forget largest diaspora...

* 2nd largest Army...
Giving India a seat would basically mean UN actions on the Kashmir issue would be non-existent. India would veto any resolution condemning events in Kashmir, effectively isolating Pakistan internationally. I can only see Pakistan also joining the UNSC to make this fair, but that would only create a bigger can of worms as more countries would likely want to join the USNC. To date, I don't believe any of the major 5 powers support any movement to enlarge the UNSC.

Joe Biden is not going to be president. Joe Biden was pandering to and blabbering about Kashmir earlier to some muslim American interest group.

How would he get around China's veto to such a proposition anyway ?

Actually it was Albania who was lobbying primarily for China. But what I meant was that China was one of the original five members (i.e. Republic of China) because of WWII. It was only a matter of which government represented China (the PRC or the Taiwan gov) ... not whether or not China got that seat .

Google it and read about what happened in the past and India's role in it.

I have posted about it earlier and am not going to do it every-time. India was offered the seat not once but 3 times, 2 times by the US and 1 time by the USSR and all three times India spoke in favor of china getting that seat.

Though in hind sight it was a monumental blunder.

This is the reason china will support our claim in the UN, the real issue is China does not want Japan in that council and India has made a pact with Japan to negotiate for the seat jointly.

I have posted about it earlier and am not going to do it every-time. India was offered the seat not once but 3 times, 2 times by the US and 1 time by the USSR and all three times India spoke in favor of china getting that seat.
Very interesting India actually voted for the PRC's ascension in 1971 ... I am very surprised (guess everyone hates Taiwan lol).
This is the reason china will support our claim in the UN, the real issue is China does not want Japan in that council and India has made a pact with Japan to negotiate for the seat jointly.
Hmmm ... perhaps India should break the pact then? But honestly I don't think China would ever allow India on the UNSC because India would very likely veto any UN action or statements regarding Kashmir. China allowing India's ascension into the UNSC would be a huge slap in the face to their number one ally and leave them super vulnerable diplomatically. China might have improved relations with India, but this would torpedo its relations with Pakistan. But yeah, I def see why China would refuse Japan's entry.

I doubt any other country will be able to get a permanent seat at the UNSC. You have to remember the UNSC was created for the victors of WWII (US, USSR, UK, China, France). Indian soldiers fought under the British Raj at the time so I don't really see any basis for their inclusion (or for any other country's inclusion). And besides, I doubt China would let India get a permanent seat since it needs to protect Pakistan.

India will definitely get sooner or later... not more than 30 years maximum.

Yeah right. Lip service towards Indian brahmins.

* 2nd largest Army...

and with comes with
biggest population living in poverty.
Lack of sanitation, pooping everywhere.
Notorious as the rape capital of the world.
Rife with sectarian and communal violence.

India need to split up into many parts for its sake and the safety of its neighbors. The whole world need to achieve this goal for humanity.

Though in hind sight it was a monumental blunder.

no one can offer a permanent seat to India. This rumor is one of those fictions from Indian media.

Back
Top Bottom