What's new

Joint Indo-Pak Corps For Afghanistan

Maybe the Balochis and the Sindhis will finally rebel against Punjabi hegemony. Who knows, rite? ;) :guns:

(Sorry mods, but I had to show him a mirror)

:lol: yeh but what about the over two dozen freedom struggles in India ??

Almost all of these are going on since 70s

Enough fun at the expense of the Indians I think...anyway who ever came up with it the whole idea is just retarded.

I don't think the idea itself is bad, however, given the current anti-Pakistan government in Afghanistan, with its strong links to the Norther alliance warlords, there is no incentive for India to deploy troops (with Pakistan or separately) for COIN.

As I said earlier, India is denying Pakistan strategic space in Afghanistan without hemorrhaging blood or money. It has the space to support covertly destabilizing elements in Baluchistan - why ruin this favorable dynamic by deploying to fight the Taliban?

For Pakistan, fighting under a US umbrella (whether it is a joint force or not), which is what any engagement in Afghanistan will be perceived as, so long as the US is there, will only exacerbate the view amongst Pakistanis that the GoP is doing the US's bidding.

So I do not think Pakistan will deploy as long as the mission in Afghanistan remains under a US flag.

As long as US or Pakistani forces kill terrorist it is just fine. Otherwise we would have been in a national struggle a long time ago. In a clear way we need US doing the same on the border.

I don't think the idea itself is bad, however, given the current anti-Pakistan government in Afghanistan, with its strong links to the Norther alliance warlords, there is no incentive for India to deploy troops (with Pakistan or separately) for COIN.

As I said earlier, India is denying Pakistan strategic space in Afghanistan without hemorrhaging blood or money. It has the space to support covertly destabilizing elements in Baluchistan - why ruin this favorable dynamic by deploying to fight the Taliban?

For Pakistan, fighting under a US umbrella (whether it is a joint force or not), which is what any engagement in Afghanistan will be perceived as, so long as the US is there, will only exacerbate the view amongst Pakistanis that the GoP is doing the US's bidding.

So I do not think Pakistan will deploy as long as the mission in Afghanistan remains under a US flag.

AM- we r getting our own for kashmir here.

Back
Top Bottom