What's new

Karachi violence kicks off 22 may

Bravo, Karachi. Good job for promoting World Peace...

and LOL @ the title, is this some sports tournament or BBQ cook off?

I am an Urdu speaking Mohajir from Karachi who has lived in both interior Sindh, as well as Punjab. MQM have a huge fan base in Karachi, Hyderabad; but no where else in this country. Why? Because whether we Urdu speakers like to admit or not (a lot of Urdu speakers have started introspection, including me), MQM is well known for its mafia like tactics. There is a reason why MQM is not liked, & it doesn't necessarily have to do with Sindhis/Punjabis/Pakhtuns disliking MQM or Urdu speakers, but because of MQM's mafia like tactics. I remember the atrocities Urdu speakers had to face in 1992 in Hyderabad & Karachi, but that was the past, & we must move on from that chapter. Altaf Hussein worked towards the destruction of the Urdu speaking community, by making them abandon their education & turning them towards political activism, supplying them endless number of arms.

While I appreciate the development work of the MQM in Karachi, & their moderate secular approach; for the MQM to redeem itself, Altaf Hussein must be brought back to Pakistan & held accountable; & the MQM needs to disassociate from him & his mafia like tactics. The Urdu speakers that generally support MQM have had very little exposure (inside Pakistan) besides the MQM strongholds they've been brought up in, and normally belong to the lower/lower-middle class of society.

Urdu speakers that live outside of MQM strongholds, in interior Sindh or Punjab; or elsewhere in the country speak fluent regional languages pertaining to the land (myself included), & it is only the people in the MQM strongholds, refusing to acclimatize (by not speaking the local language, & other things), stuck in the past: these are the people that want a 'Mohajir sooba'. I do not want to do anything with such a 'sooba'. Most Urdu speakers reject the 'Mohajir sooba', as Urdu speakers are located in every inch & corner of Pakistan, acclimatized very well (besides the MQM influenced areas); the entire Pakistan belongs to us, & we do not need to restrict ourselves to a small 'sooba'.

Having a 'Mohajir sooba' based on ethnic lines is nothing but a recipe for disaster. For one thing, Mohajirs post 1947 came to Pakistan from different parts of India, from Ludhiana to as far as Hyderabad Deccan & Calcutta. Then there are many mullah like Mohajirs from Rajasthan & UP as well. Even when I visit some of my distant relatives in Orangi Town in Karachi (a Bihari stronghold), I instantly feel disconnected to them. There is no common 'Mohajir' identity.

Separating Karachi from Sindh, & making it a NCR-like territory (like New Delhi & Islamabad) is possible, & will be very beneficial, but only along administrative lines; not ethnic ones. A province named 'Mohajir sooba' is nothing but a recipe for disaster, for civil war, because it would threaten our Urdu speaking community, that we label ourselves as 'Mohajirs', when today, we are not 'Mohajirs', but Urdu speakers/New Sindhis/New Punjabis etc.

This. A really good , realistic post. A province based on ethnic lines and that too on Mujhair identity is not possible. There isn't any common Mohajir identity either. I am myself an urdu speaker(from Hyderabad Deccan) and I have seen Urdu Speakers from Hyderabad Deccan and Dehli who thinks they are more civilized and educated as compared to people who migrated from Bihar or UP. Obviously this is a BS but such kind of rubbish exists even between Mohajir's. Then we have also seen Haqiqi and MQM conflict. Both were Mohajir and both were involved in killing each other for years. Even my father used to avoid visiting our relatives in some parts of Karachi just because they were Haqiqi influence areas and my father used to live in a MQM garh. So there is no common Mohajir identity. And personally I feel provinces shouldn't be created on ethnic bases anywhere in Pakistan and all provinces should be created on administrative bases. Karachi should be made a NCR-like territory like you suggested but provinces shouldn't be made on ethnic bases.

Also totally agreed with what you said about Altaf Hussain and his role.

When PPP MQM all parties want to make some decisions in or with Punjab or in/with/for NWFP in/with/for Balochistan there is NO VIOLENCE but WHENEVER you will try to make decision or go for any protest or anything in/with/for SINDH especially Karachi there is only ONE PARTY whgo always go for VIOLENCE.. so who have problem with all parties ????

MQM

I am not praising india here, but look at indian mohajirs aka refugees, within 20 years of partition they assimilated in India. now no one know whose grandparents came from pakistan.

i found it very difficult to understand why pakistani never accepted mohajir and bengali?

few days ago i was reading BBC , i was shocked to know that,pakistan disowned its patriots in BD. million of pakistan loving Bangladeshi lived in slum like shelterfor mny years.

I am not praising india here, but look at indian mohajirs aka refugees, within 20 years of partition they assimilated in India. now no one know whose grandparents came from pakistan.

i found it very difficult to understand why pakistani never accepted mohajir and bengali?

If Pakistan wouldn't have accepted Mohajir's then Pervez Musharraf wouldn't have been COAS, president and most influential person of Pakistan for a decade.

It is just politics and war for control over Karachi. nothing else.

few days ago i was reading BBC , i was shocked to know that,pakistan disowned its patriots in BD. million of pakistan loving Bangladeshi lived in slum like shelterfor mny years.

Pakistan has accepted Mohajirs, Mohajirs are one of the most progressive ethnic groups in Pakistan today; & the only Mohajirs that aren't doing well today are the ones that are influenced, or live under the influence of the MQM.

When PPP MQM all parties want to make some decisions in or with Punjab or in/with/for NWFP in/with/for Balochistan there is NO VIOLENCE but WHENEVER you will try to make decision or go for any protest or anything in/with/for SINDH especially Karachi there is only ONE PARTY whgo always go for VIOLENCE.. so who have problem with all parties ????

MQM

and where was violance in musharraf time, MQM was there, but there was no PPP or ANP in govt

Bravo, Karachi. Good job for promoting World Peace...

you are one stupid idiot you know that, you are happy so many deaths in karachi, you idiot?

You are true, Sindhi assimilated well in India. My Bihari Muslim neighbor was telling, "Indians welcomed and hugged Sindhi and Bengali refugees but our people never got same treatment in Pakistan."

You are true, Sindhi assimilated well in India. My Bihari Muslim neighbor was telling, "Indians welcomed and hugged Sindhi and Bengali refugees but our people never got same treatment in Pakistan."

Your Bihari neighbor was lying.

I am an Urdu speaking Mohajir from Karachi who has lived in both interior Sindh, as well as Punjab. MQM have a huge fan base in Karachi, Hyderabad; but no where else in this country. Why? Because whether we Urdu speakers like to admit or not (a lot of Urdu speakers have started introspection, including me), MQM is well known for its mafia like tactics. There is a reason why MQM is not liked, & it doesn't necessarily have to do with Sindhis/Punjabis/Pakhtuns disliking MQM or Urdu speakers, but because of MQM's mafia like tactics.

This is a very important point which MQM and its fanboys fail to understand. And it is because of this MQM is still a regional party even after more than 25 years.

SIGH!! another thread on the same issue!

MQM FANBOYS won't admit MQM did this!

EVERYONE ELSE will keep BLAMING MQM. Best thing to do is close this thread no point arguing let people of karachi die because clearly no one is willing to stop it!

You may continue to blame MQM but it will not become reality. Funny thing is that you blame MQM when a member of another party is killed and you blame MQM when a member of MQM is killed as well. Is there any thing at all for which you will not blame MQM? I am sure if you could, you would blame MQM for salala massacre as well.

The MQM is the softest target, always blamed: Wasay Jalil

By Our Correspondent
Published: May 24, 2012

KARACHI:
Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Wasay Jalil has countered the allegation that the MQM was involved in the attack on an Awami Tehreek rally against a Mohajir province.

“The MQM is the softest target – even if there were a tsunami, the MQM will be blamed for it,” he told The Express Tribune on Wednesday. “We have always been cleared of any allegation against us in a court of law. We have kept our offices closed so that there is no problem.”He said that Tuesday’s events had to be seen in the context of the “derogatory statements” being made during the past few days by people like Ayaz Palijo who have “no elected representation”. “This rally was being held in an area where the police were not able to enter for 10 days to do an operation, where sophisticated weapons were found. Who do you think was able to fire on people in that area?” Jalil said. He noted that Palijo had said that they had been able to “block roads in Sindh after Benazir Bhutto’s assassination.” “Statements like these make it clear who is loyal to Sindh and who isn’t,” he said. “Even the provincial government was unable to do anything while people were killed, cars burned and shops looted.” When asked about the role of the PML-N, Jalil said the party couldn’t be blamed because the statements weren’t made by its top leadership. “We didn’t see any of their actual representatives like Ghous Ali Shah or Saleem Zia. We saw Marvi Memon, who actually has no standing of her own. She has been following her own agenda and making these provocative statements and is sowing the seeds of hatred in Sindh.”
Published in The Express Tribune, May 24th, 2012.

My dear sir,

MQM does not 80% support in Karachi. They get 80% votes. PPP buys vote by bribing the poor and uneducated people, especially in villages. PML-N does it by fake votes. MQM doesn't need either of these, they use threats.

Before you start pointing at me or saying that I don't live in Karachi and hence have no idea of what goes on, I have family and friends in Karachi. One of the friend says that MQM guys come to their homes on Eid ul Adha and take Fikra. They always have been taking Fikra for 15 people whereas there are less than 10 in the house. All of them say that thugs break in their home, take their National ID cards and tell them to visit the Jalsa and with flags and pictures, chanting for pro-MQM. After the Jalsa, at certain place you will find the men and take back the cards. If failing to do so, they have the card and they will come and kill you or take the ladies. Same happens for elections. These stories are from friends and extended family.

The part in bold is enough, they are only stories, well mostly anyway! And have you ever heard MQM walas kidnapping ladies of any house in Karachi, like ever? I wonder what will come next......MQM waalas kidnapping cattle, perhaps?

You mean the KKF people who seem to ASK KINDLY for the money?

We didn't give them any last year, guess what they did? They closed the two street lights next to our house and next day, someone tried to sneak in but was caught

Lol......so first they ask and then they try to break in, but before they break in they turn off the street lights. Hmmmm.......that seems believable, well.....you know.

MQM

It is usually the other way around. I often wonder, why don't you all leave us in peace and go back to your own cities?

ALL PEOPLE who migrated into PAKISTAN are today much better off then they were when they came. and MOST of them are treated equal and no one questions there loyality or anything!

HOWEVER, ONE PARTY thrives on division and hence the issue. the biggest migrant population is in MULTAN punjab but we never hear anything like that! ZIA-UL-HAQ was a migrant & so was MUSHARRAF! and clearly both rose to highest of powers and no one questioned their roots!

The MQM is the softest target, always blamed: Wasay Jalil

By Our Correspondent
Published: May 24, 2012

KARACHI:
Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Wasay Jalil has countered the allegation that the MQM was involved in the attack on an Awami Tehreek rally against a Mohajir province.

“The MQM is the softest target – even if there were a tsunami, the MQM will be blamed for it,” he told The Express Tribune on Wednesday. “We have always been cleared of any allegation against us in a court of law. We have kept our offices closed so that there is no problem.”He said that Tuesday’s events had to be seen in the context of the “derogatory statements” being made during the past few days by people like Ayaz Palijo who have “no elected representation”. “This rally was being held in an area where the police were not able to enter for 10 days to do an operation, where sophisticated weapons were found. Who do you think was able to fire on people in that area?” Jalil said. He noted that Palijo had said that they had been able to “block roads in Sindh after Benazir Bhutto’s assassination.” “Statements like these make it clear who is loyal to Sindh and who isn’t,” he said. “Even the provincial government was unable to do anything while people were killed, cars burned and shops looted.” When asked about the role of the PML-N, Jalil said the party couldn’t be blamed because the statements weren’t made by its top leadership. “We didn’t see any of their actual representatives like Ghous Ali Shah or Saleem Zia. We saw Marvi Memon, who actually has no standing of her own. She has been following her own agenda and making these provocative statements and is sowing the seeds of hatred in Sindh.”
Published in The Express Tribune, May 24th, 2012.

this is the sad part why does MQM ALWAYS play the MAZLOOM CARD!! it is equally as boring now as the PPP's shaheed card!!! its clear that the wall chalking is only happening in MQM backed areas! and MQM altaf bhai hasn't come out and denounced anything! because he clearly is enjoying all this!! this was his aim from the days of JINNAHPUR episode! slowly and steadily all the ghadars of PAKISTAN ASFANDYAR WALI,ZARDARI & ALTAF HUSSAIN will ensure this country breaks!

however, i believe south punjab province,hazare province & south sindh province MUST be made! just so all these 3 people who are doing all this for vote bank shut up!

secondly after this is done then surely balochis won't sit idle they will ask if the punjabis,pathans & urdu speaking can get what they want then why can't balochis get what they want! the country will start breaking!

I PRAY I AM DEAD BEFORE I SEE THAT SAD DAY!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom