What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

With weapons like Cirit, UMTAS/OMTAS and proper protection EW / chaff / flare systems it will be able to hit IA from good distance and 2 seats will allow swift and quick operations as all above mentioned are fire n forget so they don't have to stay on station for long, also ground troops, UAVs and other systems can be used to illuminate the targets before arrival of K-8s in battle area, this will allow them to quickly unleash their weapons and leave, avoiding SAM & IAF.

I had something similar in mind.

images

Missiles and gun pod

these config's are for last ditch efforts......not normal ops with K-8....it remains a trainer.

In my opinion it will be great in the CAS role similar to A-10s of USAF.
Just few modifications would be reqd. such FLIR and addition of few hard points and we will have ourself a homegrown CAS jet.

In my opinion it will be great in the CAS role similar to A-10s of USAF.
Just few modifications would be reqd. such FLIR and addition of few hard points and we will have ourself a homegrown CAS jet.

the K-8 will need body armour protection.

And a new powerful engine..n a lot of other things .

I suggested this a long time ago, and somebody who seemed pretty knowledgeable said it can't be done.

A CAS aircraft has to be designed for that purpose foundation upwards.

e9ca8fd155ea7093bb5f577c177f285d.jpg

Karakoram K-8VB under development at PAC (Pakistan aeronautical complex) for Bolivian airforce.
total 13 countries are using karakoram K-8 jets for training/light attack purpose.

7a03182075f7328c72063dd35ac43efa.jpg

total 6 aircrafts delivered to Bolivian airforce.

Why not Egypt-Libya-Algeria join in with the Chinese on the K-8 Block-IIs that might incorporate:
Composites
New Landing Gears like JF-17s
30m.m Internal gun
DSI Intakes
New improved EU engine
Better Avionics with 7 external station with 2500 Kg Payload
Radar with Embeded FLIR over nose

Why not Egypt-Libya-Algeria join in with the Chinese on the K-8 Block-IIs that might incorporate:
Composites
New Landing Gears like JF-17s
30m.m Internal gun
DSI Intakes
New improved EU engine
Better Avionics with 7 external station with 2500 Kg Payload
Radar with Embeded FLIR over nose
simply economics

Back
Top Bottom