What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

1821696.jpg

1822041.jpg

1822256.jpg

1822487.jpg

1821943.jpg

1819921.jpg

That is a truly beautiful airplane. I've always loved advanced jet trainers. This one ranks right up there (in looks) with the BAE Hawk, the L-39, and my favorite, the Northrop T-38. Note how they all have much in common: Light weight, small size, tandem seating, economical to operate. Most are single engine with the exception of the T-38.

Note how as the aircraft advance in design, the instructor's rear seat has been raised higher. The visibility from the back seat of the T-38 is not particularly good.

Hawk:
T45DirtyPass.jpg

L-39:
l39_2.jpg

T-38:
T38-EDW.jpg

You probably have had your time on the T-37 as well I guess..considering they were only recently retired from the USAF.

You probably have had your time on the T-37 as well I guess..considering they were only recently retired from the USAF.

I did... the Tweet was a reliable trainer but very much overcomplicated for primary training. The engines were ancient, they actually used centrifugal flow rather than axial flow, and spool-up was slooooow, dangerously slow.

The ejection system used a bang-seat (a small artillery shell) instead of a rocket seat, and not only was the envelope smaller, it tended to injure peoples' spines. I know Pakistan still uses them, and if well-maintained, they'll work fine, but there are better options these days, like the Tucano and similar.

The attitude of the USAF originally was "If you can fly the T-37 and T-38, you can fly anything" and there was some truth to that. Both were twin-engined jets, and the T-38 was NOT forgiving in the landing phase. The USAF has since gone to a two-track system. You start in the T-6 Texan II, then those destined for fighters move to the T-38, while those to heavies fly a modified business jet. And the USAF is currently looking for a replacement for the T-38.

I did... the Tweet was a reliable trainer but very much overcomplicated for primary training. The engines were ancient, they actually used centrifugal flow rather than axial flow, and spool-up was slooooow, dangerously slow.

The ejection system used a bang-seat (a small artillery shell) instead of a rocket seat, and not only was the envelope smaller, it tended to injure peoples' spines. I know Pakistan still uses them, and if well-maintained, they'll work fine, but there are better options these days, like the Tucano and similar.
T-38.

That..and from my last visit to the training base..I lost my hearing for a day from the whine of those engines..
The T-37's are all being replaced by the K-8's..
however there still wont be something in the speed bracket between the MFI-17 at 120 knots.. to the K-8 which is above the 200 knots to 300 knots..Wonder if that will be an issue for training..

the first example of K-8s inducted into the PAF in 1996 has now been upgraded to the new K-8P standard at the PAC, Kamra. all of the remaining older models (11 surviving examples) are also due to be modernised to K-8P by Kamra as they become due for major overhaul.

AFM - Dec-2010

发这个帖子是为了把中国的4代机的图片发上来
Pls webmaster forgive me!

i suspect he's a hindustany troll posing as Chinese

he posted the same message in 3-4 other threads as well

go figure

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom