What's new

Kargil war was a total disaster, claims Gen Majeed Malik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by TheRafael00000
Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka need to start a co-operational Military tie. This will help us encircle India in India. They are jumping like Monkeys. Time to kick some Malaun.

Even 3 countries cant stand a single day combined, better BL first handle Burma
And Pakistan learn to first handle that rag tag circus like the TTP before eying a thoroughly professional Indian Army! :azn:

The best part from Indian side was not to cross the LoC and go through Azad Kashmir Once India showed restrain all the world came on India's side. I must say our politicians are master players when come to international relations.

Yes Sir, waese bhi war is such serious business it can not be left upon generals.

Yes Sir, waese bhi war is such serious business it can not be left upon generals.

Just like one does not leave running of a company to its security in-charge, you do not leave running of a country to its army.. However some people never want to believe that and keep going thru the agony again and again

Do retired Indian military personnel enter politics ever? Why are we the only country blessed with such activities? Shouldn't there be a ban on these bastard retired Military personnel to participate in politics? They should not be allowed in to any civilian positions nor any political positions after retirement. Their 'politically' motivated comments are conduct unbecoming military officers.

Do retired Indian military personnel enter politics ever? Why are we the only country blessed with such activities? Shouldn't there be a ban on these bastard retired Military personnel to participate in politics? They should not be allowed in to any civilian positions nor any political positions after retirement. Their 'politically' motivated comments are conduct unbecoming military officers.

But that would be against democracy.. Just because I have served in MIlitary should not disqualify from politics. Surprisingly it doesnt happen much in India, but US polity is full of ex servicemen..

Just like one does not leave running of a company to its security in-charge, you do not leave running of a country to its army.. However some people never want to believe that and keep going thru the agony again and again

Security in-charge do not usually have a stake in the company neither are they patriotically attached to it, they are merely employees who would leave the company for some other company. However, it's NOT the same with military men who actually have stakes in the country and are usually driven by blind patriotism........atleast during their early years and some throughout their life!

But that would be against democracy.. Just because I have served in MIlitary should not disqualify from politics. Surprisingly it doesnt happen much in India, but US polity is full of ex servicemen..

I guess military personnel in India live through a higher moral code unlike those in Pakistan who are willing to sell their souls for a few bucks more.

You left China. We will join the war after India is weakened enough.

In reality, with the Nuclear Weapons, no country is getting weakened 'enough'....atleast not through external sources.

Security in-charge do not usually have a stake in the company neither are they patriotically attached to it, they are merely employees who would leave the company for some other company. However, it's NOT the same with military men who actually have stakes in the country and are usually driven by blind patriotism........atleast during their early years and some throughout their life!

well, theoretically, any citizen of a country (civilian or military) may chose to leave the country and go elsewhere.. case in point Mian Musharraf..

You left China. We will join the war after India is weakened enough.

Baap na maari mendaki.. Beta Teerandaz ;)

Let me sum up the topic. Kargill was good plan, but it was wrongly executed by the "Gang of fours". Its timing was disastrous. Indian PM had a visit to Pakistan after the nuclear tests. I believe leaders of both countries realized in 98 that "War is not an option" now. But unfortunately Musharaf and was successful in destroying all those efforts.
What were the benefits of that adventure????? Only ex-generals or officers participated can tell us.
What was the loss?????????
Major paradigm shift of US Democrats to India. Clinton's visit in 99 is one proof.
Pakistan lost its claim on Kashmir as a part of Pakistan.
Pak army soldiers, who disguised themselves as Mujaheddins, even the Mujaheddins were upset on that.
This operation was conducted without taking the Air Chief and Naval Chief into confidence. Of course when the Air Chief was informed it was too late.......
Loss of lives of our soldiers.
Loss of hopes for the freedom struggle.
Loss of confidence for us as a nation

Yes, of course the Indian military intelligence failed, but their military reacted swiftly when the realized the situation. Their bofars guns and the IAF strikes provided the final punch. Our soldiers fought really hard, but without the supply lines, air cover, shortage of food, one can't expect to just hold on very long.

I guess military personnel in India live through a higher moral code unlike those in Pakistan who are willing to sell their souls for a few bucks more.

In reality, with the Nuclear Weapons, no country is getting weakened 'enough'....atleast not through external sources.

About first quote-ya agreed. Pakistan Politics has already lost moral value and they say anything in front of media. They just want to be in power,by any means. Pakistan really need to be careful. Most probable is an army intervene. Politics has gone even worse than 2005.

2nd quote-A possible Nuclear war is imminent, Japan foresee that! The use of Nuclear weapon won't be larger but will be on a certain degree to change the game. Alone we are weak cause whoever attacks India, gets sanctioned. Not to mention how West is pushing the same ideology about Iran. So,I think if India yet go on with deceive than surely they must be sanctioned. To concrete my view, India is the largest market of Weaponry.

Let me sum up the topic. Kargill was good plan, but it was wrongly executed by the "Gang of fours". Its timing was disastrous. Indian PM had a visit to Pakistan after the nuclear tests. I believe leaders of both countries realized in 98 that "War is not an option" now. But unfortunately Musharaf and was successful in destroying all those efforts.
What were the benefits of that adventure????? Only ex-generals or officers participated can tell us.
What was the loss?????????
Major paradigm shift of US Democrats to India. Clinton's visit in 99 is one proof.
Pakistan lost its claim on Kashmir as a part of Pakistan.
Pak army soldiers, who disguised themselves as Mujaheddins, even the Mujaheddins were upset on that.
This operation was conducted without taking the Air Chief and Naval Chief into confidence. Of course when the Air Chief was informed it was too late.......
Loss of lives of our soldiers.
Loss of hopes for the freedom struggle.
Loss of confidence for us as a nation

Yes, of course the Indian military intelligence failed, but their military reacted swiftly when the realized the situation. Their bofars guns and the IAF strikes provided the final punch. Our soldiers fought really hard, but without the supply lines, air cover, shortage of food, one can't expect to just hold on very long.

Awesome summary

Of course it was a failure- it was a failure at home, it shamed the Pakistani people and eventually resulted in a coup and it was a failure internationally- it proved Paksitan's illicit support for terrorists groups and painted Pakistan as,once again, the aggressor to its peaceful neighbor. The entire narrative that is painted makes Pakistan look very bad so of course it is a failure. Why is this news? Was it considered a success by anyone in Pakistan?

yeah thats the point...

pakistani troops along with mujahdeens never exceeded 5,000 in numbers...how come 4,000 be dead..
like norboo posted an official list that mentions 473 losses,

well if anyone goes with that nawaz sharif's statement,why dont he see that sharif had a personal grudge with musharaf...

and what about that coffin scandal that raged?

ok,why pakistani troops retreated?

it was not beacuse pakistan suffered heavy casualities,but actually it was the result of sharif,clinton meetings..

News Headings

so to sum it up,
yeah it was indian victory but DIPLOMATICALLY...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom