What's new

Kargil war was a total disaster, claims Gen Majeed Malik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah rght! Leave this serious business of war to the likes of Lallu Prasad Yadav and Co! :cheesy:[/QUOT

To your disappointment yes, that person has ruled a state for 20 years which is bigger than 50% countries of this world. He is far more maneuvering,crooked,foresighted,diplomatic and better planner than any army general can even think of. even this kargil war is won by Indian diplomacy, not army. And I am not insulting IA cuz every body know that they fought very bravely and their courage is matchless.

...deleted not needed..

lol, coward I saw you wrote. You said what Peaks were occupied?

POINT 5353 is UNDER PAKISTANI CONTROL. LOL

AND SOME OTHER PEAKS AS WELL. LOL

IGNORANT INDIAN GET AN EDUCATION!

SO IT WAS A PAKISTANI STRATEGIC VICTORY!!!

Heck, forgot calling it just a strategic victory, IT WAS A PAKISTANI VICTORY despite the fact USA came to save your country when you at your weakest!

Otherwise Ladakh would under Pakistani control, and that would turning point in world history.

Case Closed.

Go to this link:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-army/62786-point-5353-pakistans-control-drass-sector-11.html

If it was a Indian victory why didn't they claim they GOT ALL THE LAND BACK.

The Indian army lied to the Indian people, because the government would have been messed over, and it would have been scandalous that India lost land.

So they lied to their people!

Security in-charge do not usually have a stake in the company neither are they patriotically attached to it, they are merely employees who would leave the company for some other company. However, it's NOT the same with military men who actually have stakes in the country and are usually driven by blind patriotism........atleast during their early years and some throughout their life!

The security in charge have stakes in a company as much as a CEO has. But he can never replace a CEO, and certainly not the share holders. In the case of a country, CEO represents executives, board of directors represent politicians, security in charge represents generals and share holders are public.

!
Oh cmon stop using those words ..I did not know I asked it ..googled it and read about ..stop calling me those words ..continue your discussion..

Heck, forgot calling it just a strategic victory, IT WAS A PAKISTANI VICTORY despite the fact USA came to save your country when you at your weakest!

Otherwise Ladakh would under Pakistani control, and that would turning point in world history.

Case Closed.

Go to this link:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-army/62786-point-5353-pakistans-control-drass-sector-11.html

The Indian army lied to the Indian people, because the government would have been messed over, and it would have been scandalous that India lost land.

You got one peak after losing out and being driven out of the rest of the 140 peaks that PA occupied, and this lone peak in question was not occupied by India in the first place it lies right on the LOC and of little importance to anyone.

If you call this a victory then so be it, Pakistan paid and is still paying a heavy price for 1 lousy peak that wasn't under Indian control to start with.

and, the US saved Pakistan's @ss, the IA, IAF and the IN's sea blockade were determined to drive out every last intruder, the IAF cut off all logistics and the soldiers were abondoned by the PA.

Case Closed.

Go to this link:

Indian army had no presence in point 5353 even before 1999...Remember that Kargil war started with pak army occuppying abandoned indian bunkers/posts in winter..And it was not india who ran to USA but navas shariff,Pakistani PM,to request for a settlement.

One must have the fortitude to accept the bitter truth.

Pakistan directly or indirectly occupied dozens of Indian army posts in the Dras-Kargil sector when it was unmanned. Indian army mounted a fierce counter attack resulting in Pakistani supported forces pulling back to the original position.

Whatever reasons and justifications for pulling back from Kargil anyone tries to give, no one can deny that Kargil is back in Indian hands. Therefore, even though it pains me immensely, I have to accept that Kargil venture was a bitter failure.

With hindsight it is easy to say that it was a mistake. More important is the question as to whether President & the Prime Minister agreed to this misadventure before it began or only taken on board when it was ‘fait accompli’?

Musharraf claims that Nawaz Sharif and his cabinet were on board whereas Nawaz Sharif claims that he only knew it after the posts had been occupied. The jury is still out on this one.

I humbly request my countrymen that trying to consider it a victory tantamount to fooling ourselves. Which army lost more men is irrelevant. If we were winning then why Nawaz Sharif had to fly to Washington in a hurry and why did he agree to pull back our troops? One should learn from ones mistakes, how can we learn from Kargil if we consider it a victory?

Thank you for unbiased reply,sir.What in your openion was the reason for Navas sharif flying to US during kargil war..?

They say that the poor Indian jawans' blood poured down the sides of the peaks and could be seen from miles away.

Our lmgs being put to work furiously.[/QUOT]

Yea , our side their they saw PAK Jawans Bodies burned alive when bombs exploded in their complex.

Case Closed.

Go to this link:

Only only have one Point to rant about what about other points where you ben thrown out of?? we didn't tried to take pt5353. that peak thats why its with you, the peaks we wanted to take we taken back , now whose control those peak were which was controlled by PAK army ?

Case Closed.

Go to this link:

Oh man height of fancy, IF US would have intervened you will further humiliated, when US intervened you already lost Tiger hill after that where were you?

In India in-depended committee look into it and report made public what about PAK? PAK GEN refused to conduct enquiry and forget about talking in public?

In India it get caught and conduct enquiry and court martial, not like entire army lie about , it individual person lied and punish off not the whole army unlike PAK army which lie from the beginning and no one dare to punish anyone, moreover did PAK Army conduct enquiry who lied and why? made public that report ? what you afraid of that truth came our in front of people and they will see how PAK army lied and defeated.

Was the Kargil War a complete victory? No it wasn't.
Was the Kargil War a complete loss? No it wasn't.

It was a tactical victory for Pakistan because Pakistan gained some strategic peaks which overlook the Drass and Kargil highway .
I would reckon that the value of peak 5353 is diminished as the only use it had - observation of the national highway is now no longer useful. GoI is building alternate highway and an underground tunnel near the location to bypass it. The existing NH could not be used in winters, the new highway and tunnels will be all year round motorable.

You gain one peak -which was previously unoccupied - the effect of which is nullified in anycase.

3) USA saved India, when India was at her worst moment, had USA not intervened, Ladakh would be lost and that would have been a turning in world history.
Have you checked the map lately? The PA could not have moved in 1 meter more. They would have had to come down from the mountains for that - where IA with an arty brigade stationed was massed.

Come on attack us! What are you waiting for! We are always ready. Mutiny happens but Bangladesh know how to handle things. We are always ready and you start it, we will finish it - our Motto.
why should we attack you guys!after all in the next 10-15 years nearly 30%-40% of your country will be under the ocean as the ocean level is rising by more than a metre according to a U.N. enviromental report.so first go and try to save your country from being submerged under water,we are not going to get our hands dirty by attacking your country in the meantime!:cheers:

Sorry Aunty, but that's the truth. It burns India. doesN't it! You know what Clinton said about this war!

I'm not Jamati but all Bangladeshis have same hatred for India. That's will remain same.
the same goes with us too!we have tolerated your little monkey dance for the last 15 years and i think we can tolerate your future rantings too!in the meantime first try to build your economy to be a real match for India otherwise no one will take you seriously!:azn:

the same goes with us too!we have tolerated your little monkey dance for the last 15 years and i think we can tolerate your future rantings too!in the meantime first try to build your economy to be a real match for India otherwise no one will take you seriously!:azn:

Wait. They are holding on to the one peak that they captured in Kargil. No time to build their economy. This one peak they captured symbolises Pakistan's victories over India and their victory at Kargil. Jeez, if only they asked. We may have given them 2 peaks instead of the 1 peak they lost so many lives for

The LoC is an imaginary line connecting Points 5070, 5353, 5245 and 5608. Before war no body capture any post. Indian forces capture highest one, Point 5608, and also Point 5245 and 5608. The Pakistanis control Point 5353 because of the way the terrain lies. Both Point 5070 and Point 5245 provide ''good'' observation of the Pakistani supply route for Point 5353.

India has capture point 5240 on pakistani side.

Regarding outcome of war...

Pak lost 2,700 troops during Kargil conflict: Nawaz Sharif - World - DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom