What's new

Kashmir is disputed territory, not part of India: Pakistan tells UN

Status
Not open for further replies.
.they not serus for resolve kashmer .they wait a time when pak in prob then resolve kashmer with there own think.

Kashimir is part of india as much as equator is integral part of india or indian ocean is part of india:chilli:

India’s foreign ministry spokesman Navtej Sarna said India “regrets” that OIC has “once again chosen to comment on Jammu and Kashmir and issues internal to India,”

Rubbish - J&K is an internationally recognized territorial dispute with UNSC resolutions pending implementation for its resolution. India is the one with "no locus standi" to ask other nations or organizations to not comment on the issue.

At the end of the day what we have is ours. No amount of lack of locus standi and allying with the super and hyper powers of the age have been able to change that. Unconventional measures are backfiring spectacularly at the rate of an attack every week. So drop it. It's such a waste of time. Big fish swallow small fish. History teaches us that conquest is nothing new. :)

Rubbish - J&K is an internationally recognized territorial dispute with UNSC resolutions pending implementation for its resolution. India is the one with "no locus standi" to ask other nations or organizations to not comment on the issue.

Yes. It is internationally recognized by Pakistan.

No one else in the world cares for it. ;)

And may be India should not lend dignity to organizations like OIC by commenting on their comments. They don't even deserve a rebuttal.

At the end of the day what we have is ours. No amount of lack of locus standi and allying with the super and hyper powers of the age have been able to change that. Unconventional measures are backfiring spectacularly at the rate of an attack every week. So drop it. It's such a waste of time. Big fish swallow small fish. History teaches us that conquest is nothing new. :)

Good stuff.

Well said Samudra, couldn't have said better myself.

I again post what I said in another thread deleted by Agno(sorry for going offtopic in that thread)

What can Pakistan do to liberate Kashmir and will the cost spent be worth it. How can Pakistan liberate Indian Kashmir when it is impossible conventionally(millitarily), as the disparity is large for every one to see and from what I gather from members Pakistani forces are nowadays geared for strog defensive action or deterrant against India rather then starting an offensive, Pressure: As far as I see it I don't see any huge world pressure or UN pressure on India or condemnation of India or economic embargo against India by any major world powers or countries, Millitancy: Not enough in intensity to warrant the decision of giving up a huge chunk of land, heck the level of millitancy is not even close to the level in major conflicts, Internal uprising: Again not in the scale or leven warranting liberation or giving up our territory. So do pray tell me what can Pakistan do to liberate Kashmir, we habe seen major wars over it and a major part of insutrjency has been passed so what is the incentive for India to give up its land or territory. I dont care about moral grandstanding and all , as long as our public diplomacy is in good stead among international community why should we give up our territory, what is Pakistans view or idea of liberating Kashmir? What method do you think will be applied by Pakistan ? Dont you think that the issue will slowly but steadily take back seat among Pakistan as it has to face serious challenges due to WOT, vested national and international interest, renewed violence in the name of fundamentalism and seccessionist movements?

I request you to debate logically baring any emotions. It could be nice if fellow mwmbers can debate over this issue analytically rather than having a facade of emotions.

cheers

i know for indians we cant say them any thing more they will understand the language of power only. same like we get azad kashmer we can get all .but not a piece fully .talking more waste the time.

know for indians we cant say them any thing more they will understand the language of power only. same like we get azad kashmer we can get all .but not a piece fully .talking more waste the time

Is this what you can come up with, I ve been watching you rabble rouse for the past two days. Use force? who stopped you from using it and by the way what on earth are you typing and why the heck am I replying to your rant

NEW DELHI, March 16: India on Sunday rejected observations by the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) summit in Dakar that Kashmir issue should be resolved according to UN resolutions, saying the grouping had no locus standi to comment on Delhi’s internal affairs.

India’s foreign ministry spokesman Navtej Sarna said India “regrets” that OIC has “once again chosen to comment on Jammu and Kashmir and issues internal to India,” Press Trust of India said. Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq had attended the OIC summit as a special invitee.

The 57-nation body, in the final communique adopted at the summit in Senegal, had suggested that the Kashmir dispute be resolved in accordance with “relevant UN resolutions and the wishes of the Kashmiri people”.

The meeting also extended the Islamic world’s support for the right to self-determination of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.

Reacting to the OIC document, Mr Sarna said: “The OIC has no locus standi in matters concerning India’s internal affairs including Jammu & Kashmir which is an integral part of India. We strongly reject all such comments.”

The OIC, at its meetings, used to regularly comment on Kashmir issue but for the last few years it had been silent on the matter.

India and Pakistan are committed to resolving the dispute through bilateral talks. Indian Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon is due to visit Islamabad next month to conclude a stalled fourth round of their Composite Dialogue and start a fifth round.

The dialogue, among other matters, is required to discuss the Kashmir issue.
Kashmir part of India, OIC told -DAWN - Top Stories; March 17, 2008

Samudra, Vinod and IP Friendship -

How many nations in the world refer to the LOC as the "India Pakistan border"? Does the UN consider the area of J&K under Indian and Pakistani control as "Indian territory" or "Pakistani Territory" respectively? How many maps in the world show the territory of Kashmir as being separate from both India and Pakistan and then further delineated into the areas under their respective control? Almost every single one from almost every nation that counts.

India may not like the thought, but Kashmir is considered "disputed territory" by the majority of the world - that is fact.

The thread was about the "disputed status" of the territory, not about the means that have been utilized by either side to achieve their goals, and not about whether the territory can be "wrested away by military means" by either side.

At no point did I suggest that "unconventional measures" are the solution to the Kashmir dispute, I didn't even broach the subject - to try and drag this issue into that sphere is nothing but distortion in order to not deal with the subject of the thread - a subject that leaves no room for the Indian position to be considered valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom