What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The separatist population are even smaller in amount than these 'minorities'. Looking at a few pictures can have a different psychological image. By the way they weren't below the standard 10% until overly made. Choose not to believe me but that is your choice.

And for some reason you say "majority of Kashmiris". :lol:

And which survey did you exactly see? I don't think you have access to GOI's personal documents especially regarding J&K because not even prime Indian researchers have access to them. Don't speak for the heck of argument. :tdown:
I would say well done Norway, I salute to the kashmiris for fighting for their independence. GREAT KASHMIRIS . :cheers::cheers:

Norway-Pakistan Zindabad:)

Pakistani Norwegians - are an example for other overseas Pakistanis - they play their full part in Norwegian society, and are well integrated, they even serve in the military:) Well done to them, it is their hard work, lobbying Norwegian politicians :)

Wasn't it the Norwegians who said ,Prabhakaran is a military genius and intended Sri Lankan Govt should make compromises with the LTTE?

Wonder what Norway has to gain by acting as a mediator in SA conflicts?

LTTE crisis was understandable as a lot of Tamil refugees live in Norway.

To this i think the Indian Govt will follow the Std K-word protocol. Last one to face it was David Miliband.

PS : Personally! I see that nation as a role model for developing countries.

Last edited:
Norway has a sizable Pakistani population as well - all Nordic countries do. Indian population is minuscule.

Indians are doing there well.

Indians number one of skilled foreigners in Norway

Having plans to do my MS there !

I've lived in Scandinavia for a while - 2 years actually. Trust me, the Pakistanis outnumber the Indians - by a lot. They moved there in the 1960s - the Indians are usually from TCS/Infosys etc. skilled labor or students and have only begun going there over the last decade. But a lot of shopkeepers, taxi-drivers etc. are Pakistani.

Nice chaps too. I used to smoke back then and the Pakistani shopkeepers used to sell loose ciggies - desi style. I even watched some cricket matches with a few of them :)

I've lived in Scandinavia for a while - 2 years actually. Trust me, the Pakistanis outnumber the Indians - by a lot. They moved there in the 1960s - the Indians are usually from TCS/Infosys etc. skilled labor or students and have only begun going there over the last decade. But a lot of shopkeepers, taxi-drivers etc. are Pakistani.

Nice chaps too. I used to smoke back then and the Pakistani shopkeepers used to sell loose ciggies - desi style. I even watched some cricket matches with a few of them :)

You are trying to imply Pakistanis are taxi drivers, as if indians aren't

Almost 10% of the medical students in Oslo are of Pakistani heritage and this figure is increasing [3]. The figure is significant as Pakistani Norwegians only constitute 3.67% of Oslo's population. The share of Pakistani Norwegians, born and raised in Norway, in higher education at university level is higher than the Norwegian national average
:sniper:

Almost 10% of the medical students in Oslo are of Pakistani heritage and this figure is increasing [3]. The figure is significant as Pakistani Norwegians only constitute 3.67% of Oslo's population. The share of Pakistani Norwegians, born and raised in Norway, in higher education at university level is higher than the Norwegian national average

I'm sure he meant no such thing,your prejudice blinds you from the context he mentions.

By the way,Pakistanis are like any other successful immigrants ,except in for nations where they take up extremism(ex:UK).

Last edited:
I'm sure he meant no such thing,your prejudice blinds you from the context he mentions.

By the Pakistanis are like any other successful immigrants ,except in for nations where they take up extremism(ex:UK).

He can speak for himself, and I am pretty sure - he meant it in a condescending way. :angry:

In the UK there is a north - south divide, people in the north have less social mobility, whereas in the south they are doing very well, thank you very much. It is the same for the indigenous communities. :yahoo:

Are you trying to imply that being a taxi driver is a bad thing? Have you no concept of dignity of labor? Shame on you.

Are you trying to imply that being a taxi driver is a bad thing? Have you no concept of dignity of labor? Shame on you.

There is indeed dignity in labor, but it is indeed shameful for someone to try to sneak some prejudice in, there was a clear implication in your statement that indians are highly skilled, and Pakistanis are taxi drivers.

I have met nice indian people around the world, who did working class jobs, bus boys, taxi drivers, security guards etc, and most have been decent people, your implication that, all indians are highly skilled is an insult to these hard working people.

In fact a lot of indian guys in New York - are taxi drivers, one guy even refused to take my money, when he found out, I was Pakistani :) that guy got a very nice tip. :tup:

So get out of your petty prejudice and obsession against Pakistanis, in the long run - it wont be good for you.:tdown:

There is indeed dignity in labor, but it is indeed shameful for someone to try to sneak some prejudice in, there was a clear implication in your statement that indians are highly skilled, and Pakistanis are taxi drivers.

I have met nice indian people around the world, who did working class jobs, bus boys, taxi drivers, security guards etc, and most have been decent people, your implication that, all indians are highly skilled is an insult to these hard working people.

In fact a lot of indian guys in New York - are taxi drivers, one guy even refused to take my money, when he found out, I was Pakistani :) that guy got a very nice tip. :tup:

So get out of your petty prejudice and obsession against Pakistanis, in the long run - it wont be good for you.:tdown:

Your prejudice shows through once again. All Indians are highly skilled? haha - dude, all Americans, all British, all French, all Japs are not highly skilled - so why would I insinuate such a thing about a 3rd world developing nation like India? If you have an inferiority complex, see a shrink - don't put words in my mouth.

Your prejudice shows through once again. All Indians are highly skilled? haha - dude, all Americans, all British, all French, all Japs are not highly skilled - so why would I insinuate such a thing about a 3rd world developing nation like India? If you have an inferiority complex, see a shrink - don't put words in my mouth.

When you loose an argument resort to petty name calling, you are the one prejudiced, and allow me to retort: your the one, on the Pakistani Defence Forum, and you have the temerity to accuse me of having an inferiority complex.

I have known many decent hard working indian people all around the world, and then there are the other sort, like yourself - that are so full of hubris it isn't funny.

It is not your fault, per say, indians are fed hatred for Pakistanis, like mothers milk - this obsession for Pakistan - is simply to be seen to be believed.

Good try, to derail this thread, like many others your countrymen, have succeeded in doing. Back on topic.

Well done to Norway, and especially well done to the Pakistani Norwegian Community - very nice and friendly people, who I got to know well :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom