What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
If you want to know the essence of my post please go directly to the post script,else continue.

Unfortunately, the answer for a series of mistakes is not to point at a countervailing series of mistakes.

Exactly --- But when the mistakes of one group of people are overlooked or swept under the carpet attributing a specious meaning to the word 'Secularism' and the mistakes of the other group is magnified again attributing a malicious meaning to the word 'Hindutva' it becomes necessary to show the mirror to those self-professed 'Secularists'.

Sikhs getting slaughered in thousands = A MISTAKE.

It was not; it was ethnic violence in its worst form, and it is a national shame that it is not pursued in the courts and the perpetrators, all of whom are known politicians and thugs in Delhi, brought to justice. Please do not use the Congress Party's excuses to justify Sangh Parivar excesses and similar acts of genocide.

Exactly --- Then how come they call themselves Secularists and media too hails them as one while painting a negative picture on the Sangh ?

Call them too Communalist Fanatics.

Hindus pandits getting killed in Kashmir = Political problem.

Again, this was an act of communal bias, and is the blackest stain in the face of Kashmiri secularism and inter-faith tolerance. Now we have a Hurriyat excuse being used to justify the Sangh.

This I would not agree --- The protestors were Kashmiri Pandits and the man they thrashed represented those bigots who were responsible for this plight of the Pandits.He deserved it.

They might have been members of RSS/VHP ,but they were Pandits first.

Poor protestors getting shot in WB under Left Govt = Misunderstanding.

Well done; you have managed to rope in the Congress Party, the Hurriyat and the CPI(M), and shown that they too are guilty of horrible crimes against humanity. How does that justify the Sangh Parivar?

To show that the Congress/Left and all other doyens of secularism are equally if not more at fault than the Sangh ever was.

But,Muslims getting killed by a few hundred = Holocaust/Pogrom/Genocide.

So let us have your enlightened Sanghi opinion: do you want us to call it "A MISTAKE", a "political problem", or a "Misunderstanding"? And are you comparing the numbers?

I dont care whatever you call it --- but call the same for all the four incidents.Not a separate term for each one depending on who committed it.

---------------------------------------------------
Banning Parzania in Gujarat = Communal.

Banning Da Vinci Code and Jo Bole So Nihaal = Secular

Again, two wrongs making a right, it would appear.

So accpet that the second one was wrong ?? Unfortunately for you our 'Secularists' dont think so.
Reservations in every school and college on caste lines = Secular.
Reservations in Minority institutions = Communal.

In your zeal and fervour, you seem to have slipped. There is constitutional protection for minority institutions. If you consult your local Sangh chalak, he will no doubt ask you to club that also as communal. You may have to do extra drill and starch your khaki chadddis extra stiff in expiation. You are to be commiserated with; calling reservations in minority institutions "communal" was at worst a Mistake, a political problem (of understanding) or a Misunderstanding.

Apart from the slander and the condescending tone an educated,'secularist' might have for the RSS,the rest is also complete BS.

What I m doing is questioning the very basis for that Constitutional protection ---- Are the minorities any special humans than the majority for giving them that extra 'protection' and then they have the gall to call it secularism.

----------------------------------------------------
Talking about Hindus and Hinduism appeasment = Communal.

Perhaps you need to re-write this passage; appeasing Hindus is hardly communal. Appeasing, BTW, means avoiding conflict by making concessions to a threatening enemy; how does this fit your phrase? Are Hindus and Hinduism threatening, or have they been receiving concessions?

Lol...I shudder to think what would be the reaction of the 'secular' junta if some BJP Govt announces subsidy for Kashi/Amarnath Yatra.Perhaps you can think of it.

Talking about Muslims,Christians and Islam = Secular.

Don't you think an 80+% majority can afford to be accommodating? Do you find even talking about them offensive? Presuming that secular is an offensive term to you, as it frequently is for Sanghis.

We 'are' accomodating -- thats why in a 80% Hindu majority country the minority population is still growing and safe.

But the question is why should we be extra accomodating --- Arent all Indians regardless of their religion supposed to be equal?

Or is this the case of some are more equal than others ?
Not hanging Afzal Guru the mastermind despite Supreme Court orders = Humanity and Political dilemma/May affect Muslim sentiments

How does delay in a judicial execution equate to communal riot and murder and burning alive an elected MP who made repeated appeals to the Chief Minister before being killed?

It is equated by the 'secularists' condemning RSS/VHP for whatever ills that are there, conviniently forgetting thet are greater communalists than the Sangh can ever be.
BJP questioning Islam = Communal.
Congress/Historians questioning Lord Ram's existance = Clerical Error.

Islam is history, recorded by its opponents as well as by its supporters. Lord Rama is myth, even according to a fanatic BJP-ite. What do you mean by clerical error, by the way?

Now now ---- is there any hard evidence for a Prophet to have lived 1400 years ago or a Holy man to have born in Bethlehem 2 millenium ago ?

Except Sikhism ,the founders of no other religions can be proved that they existed.
The man who said "When a big tree falls the ground beneath it shakes" is honored with his name being used for every new airport,stadium,sea link etc.

Disgraceful. Does this justify slaughtering Muslims and Christians?

The man who was the CM during the Guj riots is a modern incarnation of Hitler.

And what else was Hitler but the head of state while Jews were being exterminated? Is it your case that he personally pressed the buttons to release Cyklon B?

I just wanted to show the mirror to the proponents of what si called now 'pseudo-secularism'.

If the RSS are terrorists,then the ruling party of India is certainly a more apt candidate. But then they favour the minorities so they automatically become secularists. lol

While every Human rights activist/political party worth his saly fights for Muslim victims of th Guj riots , no one cares for the 58 Karsevaks killed intially and the 250 killed later in the riots by the Mulsim mobs.

It might come as a surprise to you to learn that enquiries into the matter have cast grave doubts on the story of Muslim mobs setting fire to the railway coach. Look up the facts. And this is not to justify a loss of life, nor the deaths of the innocent. Those rioters who were killed in self-defence is a different matter, but we aren't talking about that, are we?

What better can I expect when there are no arguments left ? Put on a conspiracy theory.

The Nanavati commision has clearly stated that it was indeed a pre-planned conpsiracy by the local Muslim goons.

-----------------------------------------------------
While a bomb blast in which a fringe group is among the suspects,it gets dubbed as "Hindu Terror" while in the case of its much famous cousin it becomes "Terrorism has no religion" and "innocent muslim youths are victimised"

Bigots are bigots on both sides. Which one are you citing to justify the other? It's a circular argument, don't you see?

Yes bigots are bigots on both sides --- You say so,but our secular junta doesnt think so.
------------------------------------------------------
In a supposedly secular society Mulsims are given subsidy to go for Hajj ; while Hindus going to Amarnath Yatra are not even allotted proper land

And why didn't the BJP government and its coalition not stop this subsidy when it was in power?

Good question --- It was the vote bank compulsions and not aggravating the already negative image of it that has been Goebbelised by the Secular junta and its cohort the media.

Sad but true.
--------------------------------------------------------
Supreme court orders in the Shah Bano case subverted to maintain Muslim sentiments.
But Allahabad court verdict for Ayodhya questioned as faith cannot determine law.

Again, why should the wrongs committed by the Congress (in the Shah Bano case, a shocking miscarriage of justice, forced on the nation by a spineless administration) serve as justification for someone else?

Does this act of blatant interference by a political party, reversing a judicial decision by act of Parliament, justify a bad judicial decision?

Maybe I'm getting cliched ,but I ll say for one last time --- I agree with you that two wrongs doesnt make a right. But if only one wrog is higlighted and the other is obfuscated isnt it my right to point it out ?
---------------------------------------------------------
M.H Hussain drawing Godess Saraswati nude = Freedom of free speech
But Danish cartoon activist should be condemned as it hurts Muslim sentiments

Again, the same error.

Hussain certainly had and has the right of free artistic expression, and it has nothing to do with the noxious and unpardonable verbal attacks on the Danish cartoonist. Both should be condemned, not one taken as an excuse to justify the other.

Same as above.

P.s.:I am just stating that two wrongs does not make a right (borrowed from you), But in our supposedly secular country where every citizen is equal irrespective of his religion (supposed to be),its always the misdeeds of the Sangh that is highlighted branding them as communalists,fascists and what not.

But the other equally culpable group always throws in the canard of secularism and potrays itself as some kind of angel which is disgusting to some people like me who would want them condemn both the groups if they have done any misdeed which unfortunately is the case here.

So unless a more equal handed approach irrespective of the religion is there, dont expect everyone to have your same opinion on the RSS. And calling the Sangh alone as terrorists insults our collective intelligence.

I would certainly classify the RSS as a terrorist org based on its own and its allied orgs' actions in Gujarat riots and the under-investigation Malegaon blasts.

Let us, for the sake of argument, accept your figures as the correct ones. If you wish, I can provide evidence separately that this break-up is inaccurate, but the point lies elsewhere.

I would like to have a look at that evidence.

I take it that your vigorous and robust participation in another thread on what democracy has brought to India indicates your broad support for democracy. I take it also, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, that the rule of law also has some meaning for you.

Lol...I cherish my democracy despite for all its shortcomings. Better than being ruled by a form of Govt that decides how many times I should prove my virility.

Is it then your case that a section of the citizenship, equal voting subjects of India, should be burnt alive, cut to bits, raped and murdered and otherwise slaughtered and this is justifiable?

Is it your case that if 2,000 of them were to be slaughtered, you oppose it, but if 750 are slaughtered, and another 300 of another section also die, you would then support it?

See we dont live in a perfect society (as much as I would like to) --- Given our past history ,I would not be entirely wrong in saying that Hindu-Muslim relations have always been restive. Not entirely hostile nor amiable.

It was always a haystack waiting for that tiny matchstick to burn it down.

What I'm saying is why complain to the haystack if you could very well control the matchstick ?

Is it your case that if a single Indian citizen, innocent of any crime, dies at the hands of a rioting mob, you would justify it?

Is it your case that if 35 people die in Chromepet, you are justified in slaughtering 750 people in Madurai, who have had nothing whatsoever to do with the Chromepet incident?

I am in no way justifying it. But this entire Guj riots should be seen together and not as a single incident in isolation.

Whats the use in looking at the consequence if you are not willing to look at the root cause ?

You have a point. It is quite true that most of our police forces are ill-trained, ill-equipped and under-manned and are for that reason unable to function properly.

Was it so in the case of the Gujarat riots? Are you sure - please take time to think of your answer, of the evidence available, and of the facts on record before responding - that this is what happened?

Of course !

Would you be prepared for me to display in a Pakistani forum the vast array of evidence that shows that the Home Minister, seemingly under the influence of a higher authority, instructed the police to hold back, and directed police parties from place to place to keep them away from the scene of rioting, and prevent them from interfering?

Would you care to contradict evidence that the police actively supported the rioters, when they were not happily complying with the orders of the Home Minister?

On this very same forum some weeks back I gave the evidence on another thread--- but given the enormity of the thread being created everyday, I need some time in digging it.

At the end of the day, I have a fundamental question for you: When we take pride in our democracy and in our rule of law, and in our system where all citizens are equal, and all citizens can demonstrate peacefully without being assaulted, and we are shocked by the indifference to human life displayed by a dictatorship, where men standing unarmed in the path of tanks are cold-bloodedly run over, can you justify these incidents and still continue to be proud of democracy?

Or would you rather uphold democracy and the rule of law, and condemn these incidents, and work to prevent them?

The bolded part is the most important point --- working to prevent them.

That includes identifying the root cause of the riots also and of course the perperators of the second part. Unless there is a witch hunt on both the sides there cannot be any condemnations from my side and I cannot support a one-sided witch hunt (in this case the supposed perperators of the second episode in Guj)

Brothers and sisters
Our beloved country demanded a lot from us when it was just a hope.Our ancestor gave their soul ,life, loved one,lived like vegetables and a hope got materialized.After its birth our countrymen started to dream for a bright future for our country..They fought with thousand of obstacles,worked for it ,They passed their dream to us now..Dream-burden to dedicate our soul so that soul of this country remain strong.Dream-burden to have patience,trust,knowledge..Sometimes we may have to walk through vacuum..Entertaining a dream called India is not easy ..It demands many sacrifices.When it comes to religion many of our brothers hesitate and become protectionists .There may be thousand reasons to deviate but there is only one thing which makes us to lift another step towards our dream is dream itself and that is INDIA not a particular religion.

what happened to all the members here who used to say i enjoy the freedom of speech we have here in india. :rolleyes:

what happened to all the members here who used to say i enjoy the freedom of speech we have here in india. :rolleyes:

Good Question :lol:

We have double standard policy ....... Do you have any problem

And my comment was very simply that having a lot of literate - not necessarily educated - people around is not a distinction.

For what its worth, there are far more IIT and IIM people outside shakhas, supporting parties opposed to the BJP and the Sangh Parivar. That includes sons of RSS members. In case you are wondering, you only have to be a member of IIT and IIM alumni sites and mailing lists to know this.

Unfortunately, to be a member, one needs to have gone to the IITs or to the IIMs; a ridiculous restriction, as I am sure you will consider this.

Unfortunately not true.

The quality of the history taught in secondary schools is well known - biased bullshit it is, and the bias runs in several directions, depending on the political complexion of the Education Minister. There are chains of RSS schools, as has been mentioned in PakTeaHouse by illustrious graduates of these strange institutions, where history is excluded to the maximum extent possible. Picking up bits and pieces from popular literature (as one member of this forum who subscribes to your views does) is not a good substitute.

True; and who is to do that? A technician with vast knowledge of tools and no knowledge of society or the economy, or a social scientist with a good grounding in these? What precisely do you mean by taking responsibility and running the country? A military dictatorship perhaps? They are also well-trained professionals, and accustomed to command large numbers of people.

Would it be possible to learn what you think will work?

And when they run a state in a chaotic manner, who is at fault? Look at Karnataka, where a thief is in charge, selling government land to his son and son-in-law. Or look at the former president of the BJP, now arraigned by another eminent and very much better known member of the BJP of toeing a particular industrial house's line. Was that because he was in love with the head of the house?

Rioting and violence is against the law of the land.

No doubt that comes as an unwelcome shock to you. Did you think this normal behaviour, something to be encouraged? Did you think breaking the law and breaking down the Babri Masjid was lawful? Did you think that killing 2,000 Muslims in riots, with the police helpfully standing by, was legal? Did you think wrecking cinema houses that show films featuring your activities in a bad light is legal? Did you think destroying a museum lawful?

There was nothing wrong with confronting Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, and Shankar Raychaudhury did so with logic and reasoning, and shut him up. There was everything wrong with turning up as a violent mob and trying to break in, and the perpetrators were rightly arrested.

And your solution? To take the law into your own hands? What happens when someone else, who doesn't like you, does the same, and has more people backing him, more guns and bigger guns, and less scruples? Where do you plan to go then, for help?

No.

I happen to think that slapping anybody is unlawful. That he is Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has nothing to do with it. He could be Narendra Modi, and it would be just as unlawful.

What do you mean, 'u r right'? That is from your fevered imagination, not my words at all.

Just curiousity; what else do you do but trust the administration to elected representatives.

Some more curiousity: what is your proposed alternative?

Presumably this means something. Do feel free to explain. What violins? What burning? What advertisement? Does this also mean that you have no ideals? In which case, what is the ground on which you resist all those horrible things that elected people do?

You see no contradiction in this? Everyone has the right to say things, except people like Arundhati Roy: is that it?

What if Arundhati Roy and 1,500 people march to your house, and want to show you your place, saying that ignoring your abusive nonsense is not enough?

Not at all.

All of you Sanghis are so full of self-pity that you don't stop to listen.

I don't remember having supported the Congresss or the leftists. So whom are you referring to? Is it your case that if a person doesn't support the Sangh, he/she must support equally corrupt parties?

And do feel free to offer your alternative to democracy.

Considering that this is a Pakistani forum, you will have a large and interested audience.

1.There could be a lot of people in IITs/IIMs who support other parties opposite to the RSS but thats not the point.The point is that just like all parties RSS,which is a social organization has support amongst all sorts of people.

2.You think social scientists are not biased?Dont you think they also get funded by someone else and that someone else can use it to advance their agenda.All historians are biased and there is no price for their integrity.They make it a speculative affair.What you accuse one of doing,is possible for another source also?

3.I dont believe the current form of democracy is useful for the country.I dont know what is better but i dont like what i see now.A military dictatorship would not be too bad but i would favour a dictatorship involving the bureaucracy and the military.

4.Which CM is not corrupt,which party is not corrupt?All of them are the same and they all need money to run their parties and campaigns.But even in this the congress stands tall.

5.Regarding rioting and violence,i would like to repeat the RSS is not for it.they do not support lawlessness in any form,definitely not street violence.The VHP and others are different.

I am completely against all this,all that violence u mentioned but i feel the reaction that happened

Who said Mirwise to go and adress the hindu pandits its just like Ringing a been in front of a buffalow

1.There could be a lot of people in IITs/IIMs who support other parties opposite to the RSS but thats not the point.The point is that just like all parties RSS,which is a social organization has support amongst all sorts of people.

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Lets get one thing straight. Most people from IITs/IIMs DON'T HAVE A POLITICAL OPINION. They are not politically active, and don't care for whatever party that comes to power. Most of them don't have the time to worry about such issues. All they care about is their CVs and Jobs.

How do I know? I graduated from IIM Lucknow, class of 2009.

You want to see people who actively participate in politics, go to Delhi University, go to JNU etc and you'll find discussions on politics. In IITs/IIMs, all the discussion is focused on Theraja & Theraja, Kotler or ****. Seriously.

Well just one thing for you

Pakistanis pose as Indians after NY bomb scare | Reuters

I dnt want to start troll but just take care your words

not once have i encountered this phenomenon in NYC or DC for that matter.....though I did meet a pro-Pakistan deccan taxi driver and a guy working at ''Nuts 4 Nuts'' who was Bengali and said he's from "East Pakistan'' (I corrected him about the name of his country and he playfully dismissed it)

Actually, overseas Pakistanis are usually the MOST patriotic. But maybe those are just my observations.

what you are doing is not only resorting to sensationalism, but you are also going off-topic. Therefore I question your character somewhat. Stay on topic, otherwise pack your bags.

Picture India and Pakistan like two little brothers, and Kashmiri being a toy.

you can say what you want; indian are not our ''brothers'' and never will be

forget kashmir even whole pakistan is an integral part of Indian subcontinent and not even single pakistani deny it.

what a great logic; Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman are all Arab countries in the PERSIAN Gulf.......

so what's your point? :coffee:

Re: India’s terrorists

If you want to know the essence of my post please go directly to the post script, else continue.

By all means let us start from the "essence of your post", as there is some common ground that I can find – I think. It remains to be seen. In every instance, you have just held up somebody else's crimes as a justification for the crimes committed by people you support. How is that a justification?

Let me ask you how you would react to a parallel situation. If you were the judge trying Ajmal Kasab, and he pleaded that he was not at fault alone, that terrorists had committed frightful crimes during the Munich Olympics as well, would you make any allowance for him? Or would you say that the two have nothing to do with each other, and that he had to pay for his crime regardless of who else has committed such crimes.

And that's what I have to say about the Sangh Parivar.

I am just stating that two wrongs does not make a right (borrowed from you), But in our supposedly secular country where every citizen is equal irrespective of his religion (supposed to be),its always the misdeeds of the Sangh that is highlighted branding them as communalists, fascists and what not.

It is good to see that we are agreed that two wrongs do not make a right. Please be sure that there are many who condemn communal violence even when the Sangh is not involved. But whoever commits communal violence, whether the Sangh Parivar or any other, will have to listen to being told that they are communal.

And it is your individual perception that it is always the Sangh that is highlighted as communalist or fascist. There are many of us who have condemned, and continue to condemn the Congress killings of Sikhs as the worst kind of communal violence; many of us who remember those difficult days, when every bearded Sikh caused a feeling of fear, condemn the communal killings of the Bhindranwale supporters and later, the Khalistanis; many of us condemn the exercise of muscle power and abuse of their political power by the Muslims against Taslima Nasreen.

Please also remember that communalist or bigoted/bigot, and fascist are two different categories, and while I will personally use them against a religious intolerance and a political intolerance respectively, I will not use them indiscriminatingly.

But the other equally culpable group always throws in the canard of secularism and potrays itself as some kind of angel which is disgusting to some people like me who would want them condemn both the groups if they have done any misdeed which unfortunately is the case here.

So unless a more equal handed approach irrespective of the religion is there, dont expect everyone to have your same opinion on the RSS. And calling the Sangh alone as terrorists insults our collective intelligence.

Sorry, not my problem.

I don’t belong to the Congress, nor do I support the Congress. As far as their secularism is concerned, in my opinion, it is no secularism at all. If you wish to examine my public record, I will send you my nickname by personal message, and you can check the records at PakTeaHouse, at least up to nearly two years ago.

I have gone on record, again and again, for years on end, condemning the hypocrisy of the Congress, and the belligerence of the Muslim Mullahs. When I say strong things about the Sangh Parivar, it is part of this resistance to violence against a helpless number of people, against a violation of the rule of law, and against imposing the views of a section of people on another section by force or by intimidation.

Regarding your mysterious reference to calling the Sangh as terrorists, who is this who called them terrorists? Some members of the Hindu right wing were; it has not yet been proved that they were members of the RSS. If it comes to that, I don’t recall having called the Sangh Parivar terrorist; if I did, it would be on fair and just grounds.

Originally Posted by Joe Shearer
Unfortunately, the answer for a series of mistakes is not to point at a countervailing series of mistakes.

Exactly --- But when the mistakes of one group of people are overlooked or swept under the carpet attributing a specious meaning to the word 'Secularism' and the mistakes of the other group is magnified again attributing a malicious meaning to the word 'Hindutva' it becomes necessary to show the mirror to those self-professed 'Secularists'.

Don’t you get it? Showing the other group that they are wrong still doesn’t justify what your group has done wrong. You are still wrong. If you commit a murder, you can’t appeal to the trial judge for mercy or for extenuating circumstances because there are other people who commit murder. The two facts are not connected in the eyes of the law.

Sikhs getting slaughered in thousands = A MISTAKE.

It was not; it was ethnic violence in its worst form, and it is a national shame that it is not pursued in the courts and the perpetrators, all of whom are known politicians and thugs in Delhi, brought to justice. Please do not use the Congress Party's excuses to justify Sangh Parivar excesses and similar acts of genocide.

Exactly --- Then how come they call themselves Secularists and media too hails them as one while painting a negative picture on the Sangh ?

Call them too Communalist Fanatics.

Which part of my statement above did you not understand?
As far as your opponents are concerned, they may call themselves anything; what is that to me, and how does it justify the misdeeds of those you support? Why should I not condemn the Sangh Parivar? I am neither the media, nor do I support the Congress.

Hindus pandits getting killed in Kashmir = Political problem.

Again, this was an act of communal bias, and is the blackest stain in the face of Kashmiri secularism and inter-faith tolerance. Now we have a Hurriyat excuse being used to justify the Sangh.

This I would not agree --- The protestors were Kashmiri Pandits and the man they thrashed represented those bigots who were responsible for this plight of the Pandits.He deserved it.

They might have been members of RSS/VHP ,but they were Pandits first.

I don’t care if they were Pandits or zebras; they had no right to take the law into their own hands. That is for the courts to take up. Otherwise, they are in no way better than the hoodlums and terrorists that drove them out.

We cannot call ourselves democrats and in the next breath justify mob violence, no matter how extreme the provocation.

Poor protestors getting shot in WB under Left Govt = Misunderstanding.

Well done; you have managed to rope in the Congress Party, the Hurriyat and the CPI(M), and shown that they too are guilty of horrible crimes against humanity. How does that justify the Sangh Parivar?

To show that the Congress/Left and all other doyens of secularism are equally if not more at fault than the Sangh ever was.

Again, you don’t understand. This is not a defence; the Sangh is, by your own admission, still at fault.

Quote:
But,Muslims getting killed by a few hundred = Holocaust/Pogrom/Genocide.

So let us have your enlightened Sanghi opinion: do you want us to call it "A MISTAKE", a "political problem", or a "Misunderstanding"? And are you comparing the numbers?

I dont care whatever you call it --- but call the same for all the four incidents.Not a separate term for each one depending on who committed it.

Sure.
They are all crimes, punishable under the law.

Quote:
Banning Parzania in Gujarat = Communal.

Banning Da Vinci Code and Jo Bole So Nihaal = Secular

Again, two wrongs making a right, it would appear.

So accpet that the second one was wrong ?? Unfortunately for you our 'Secularists' dont think so.

When I say that the Sangh Parivar is guilty of crime, it is no use telling me that others are equally criminal. In this case, it is the Sangh Parivar under discussion. Others’ crimes do not justify their crimes.
Quote:
Reservations in every school and college on caste lines = Secular.
Reservations in Minority institutions = Communal.

In your zeal and fervour, you seem to have slipped. There is constitutional protection for minority institutions. If you consult your local Sangh chalak, he will no doubt ask you to club that also as communal. You may have to do extra drill and starch your khaki chadddis extra stiff in expiation. You are to be commiserated with; calling reservations in minority institutions "communal" was at worst a Mistake, a political problem (of understanding) or a Misunderstanding.

Apart from the slander and the condescending tone an educated,'secularist' might have for the RSS, the rest is also complete BS.

What I m doing is questioning the very basis for that Constitutional protection ---- Are the minorities any special humans than the majority for giving them that extra 'protection' and then they have the gall to call it secularism.

You may question it. Just as Arundhati Roy may question the continued inclusion of Kashmir within India. It is your right to question the constitution, and consider portions of it written by Ambedkar improper, as you have done above. It is similarly her right, or Mirwaiz Umar Farooq’s right to question the constitution.

For both of you, the situation is the same: until you can change the constitution, this is what it is, this is what it will be. If you want to change it, you are welcome to do it by approaching it the way the constitution can be amended. If you succeed, the constitution stands changed, legally. If you fail, you can’t take to the streets and try to get your ends that way.

As far as the rest of us are concerned, you are both equally pains in the, er, elbow, and we are determined to ensure that you get to say what you think, irrespective of being pains.

Quote:
Talking about Hindus and Hinduism appeasment = Communal.

Perhaps you need to re-write this passage; appeasing Hindus is hardly communal. Appeasing, BTW, means avoiding conflict by making concessions to a threatening enemy; how does this fit your phrase? Are Hindus and Hinduism threatening, or have they been receiving concessions?

Lol...I shudder to think what would be the reaction of the 'secular' junta if some BJP Govt announces subsidy for Kashi/Amarnath Yatra. Perhaps you can think of it.

Nobody stopped the BJP government in power doing just that. Did they even try? And by the way: pilgrimage to Manasarowar is subsidized, so just remember, it isn’t one-sided at all. The numbers differ; nobody, but nobody, stopped any of the governments at the centre from subsidizing Hindu (or Christian, or Sikh) pilgrimages.

Quote:
Talking about Muslims,Christians and Islam = Secular.

Don't you think an 80+% majority can afford to be accommodating? Do you find even talking about them offensive? Presuming that secular is an offensive term to you, as it frequently is for Sanghis.

We 'are' accomodating -- thats why in a 80% Hindu majority country the minority population is still growing and safe.

But the question is why should we be extra accomodating --- Arent all Indians regardless of their religion supposed to be equal?

Or is this the case of some are more equal than others ?

No, not at all. Accommodating means to give a minority a feeling of confidence in their country, not to give them a feeling that they are under constant threat. If to do this, we give them minor concessions which do not affect the rights of the majority, why should the majority object? If we do not, how are we different from Pakistan?
Quote:
Not hanging Afzal Guru the mastermind despite Supreme Court orders = Humanity and Political dilemma/May affect Muslim sentiments

How does delay in a judicial execution equate to communal riot and murder and burning alive an elected MP who made repeated appeals to the Chief Minister before being killed?

It is equated by the 'secularists' condemning RSS/VHP for whatever ills that are there, conviniently forgetting thet are greater communalists than the Sangh can ever be.

How does it help to have two sets of communalists? Only the minorities suffer while your two sets of bigots and communalists try to score points against each other. And the equation has nothing to do with the matter, as you should have understood by now.
Quote:
BJP questioning Islam = Communal.
Congress/Historians questioning Lord Ram's existance = Clerical Error.

Islam is history, recorded by its opponents as well as by its supporters. Lord Rama is myth, even according to a fanatic BJP-ite. What do you mean by clerical error, by the way?

Now now ---- is there any hard evidence for a Prophet to have lived 1400 years ago

Yes. There are contemporary Byzantine records and records from kingdoms in the Middle East. These are for the life of the Prophet Mohammed. You might like reading the Fall of the Roman Empire, by Gibbon. This is why I don’t encourage people like you to write on such subjects before you get some background in the subject.

or a Holy man to have born in Bethlehem 2 millenium ago ?

The evidence is scantier, but there is evidence. We are in historical times now; these started earlier in the Mediterranean and Europe because of more extensive records and archaeological finds. The equivalent in India starts with 330 BC for European parallel reporting and synchronisation of dates, and approximately 122 BC for Chinese parallel sources and synchronisation of dates (based on the report of Zhang Qian in 122 BC to the Yuanshou Emperor about finding Sichuan and Qiong fabrics and bamboo products in Daxia = Bactria, which originated in the southern land, Shendu).

Except Sikhism ,the founders of no other religions can be proved that they existed.

Why are you making absurd statements? We are in historical times from 499 BC in Greece, and slightly later in Rome.
Quote:
The man who said "When a big tree falls the ground beneath it shakes" is honored with his name being used for every new airport,stadium,sea link etc.

Disgraceful. Does this justify slaughtering Muslims and Christians?

The man who was the CM during the Guj riots is a modern incarnation of Hitler.

And what else was Hitler but the head of state while Jews were being exterminated? Is it your case that he personally pressed the buttons to release Cyklon B?

I just wanted to show the mirror to the proponents of what si called now 'pseudo-secularism'.

If the RSS are terrorists,then the ruling party of India is certainly a more apt candidate. But then they favour the minorities so they automatically become secularists. Lol

Not so at all.

You keep trying to exculpate the Sangh Parivar by pointing to the faults of others. Please understand, that is not a defence. And it is especially not a defence against someone who charges you with crimes who does not belong to the other violators of the laws but is neutral between them.

Quote:
While every Human rights activist/political party worth his saly fights for Muslim victims of th Guj riots , no one cares for the 58 Karsevaks killed intially and the 250 killed later in the riots by the Mulsim mobs.

It might come as a surprise to you to learn that enquiries into the matter have cast grave doubts on the story of Muslim mobs setting fire to the railway coach. Look up the facts. And this is not to justify a loss of life, nor the deaths of the innocent. Those rioters who were killed in self-defence is a different matter, but we aren't talking about that, are we?

What better can I expect when there are no arguments left ? Put on a conspiracy theory.

The Nanavati commision has clearly stated that it was indeed a pre-planned conpsiracy by the local Muslim goons.

Many of the conclusions of the Nanavati Commission’s conclusions have been controverted in the Supreme Court, and many more are under question. No independent enquiry, of which there have been several, has been convinced that there was a burning from outside of the fatal coach.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote:
While a bomb blast in which a fringe group is among the suspects,it gets dubbed as "Hindu Terror" while in the case of its much famous cousin it becomes "Terrorism has no religion" and "innocent muslim youths are victimised"

Bigots are bigots on both sides. Which one are you citing to justify the other? It's a circular argument, don't you see?

Yes bigots are bigots on both sides --- You say so,but our secular junta doesnt think so.

I am not in the least bit concerned with weighing the relative misdeeds of the two sides. In this case, do you think the Sangh Parivar is bigoted or don’t you? Leave out the Congress; what is your view about the Parivar?
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
In a supposedly secular society Mulsims are given subsidy to go for Hajj ; while Hindus going to Amarnath Yatra are not even allotted proper land

And why didn't the BJP government and its coalition not stop this subsidy when it was in power?

Good question --- It was the vote bank compulsions and not aggravating the already negative image of it that has been Goebbelised by the Secular junta and its cohort the media.

Don’t you feel this is a weak excuse? Don’t you think other parties can argue the same?

Sad but true.

We are left to conclude that the Sangh Parivar and its supporters are powerless to do anything while they run the ministry, and can take neither administrative nor legislative action, and their only way of expressing their point of view is through criminal breaches of the peace in the streets.
--------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Supreme court orders in the Shah Bano case subverted to maintain Muslim sentiments.
But Allahabad court verdict for Ayodhya questioned as faith cannot determine law.

Again, why should the wrongs committed by the Congress (in the Shah Bano case, a shocking miscarriage of justice, forced on the nation by a spineless administration) serve as justification for someone else?

Does this act of blatant interference by a political party, reversing a judicial decision by act of Parliament, justify a bad judicial decision?

Maybe I'm getting cliched ,but I ll say for one last time --- I agree with you that two wrongs doesnt make a right. But if only one wrog is higlighted and the other is obfuscated isnt it my right to point it out ?

Again, I point out – one wrong doesn’t cancel out another. In no way; at no time. You are welcome to point out crimes committed by others, but this does not affect crimes committed by those whom you support.
---------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
M.H Hussain drawing Godess Saraswati nude = Freedom of free speech
But Danish cartoon activist should be condemned as it hurts Muslim sentiments

Again, the same error.

Hussain certainly had and has the right of free artistic expression, and it has nothing to do with the noxious and unpardonable verbal attacks on the Danish cartoonist. Both should be condemned, not one taken as an excuse to justify the other.

Same as above.

And again – somebody else behaving like a donkey doesn’t give you the right to behave like a donkey.

P.s.:I am just stating that two wrongs does not make a right (borrowed from you), But in our supposedly secular country where every citizen is equal irrespective of his religion (supposed to be),its always the misdeeds of the Sangh that is highlighted branding them as communalists,fascists and what not.

I am not sure if you realise what you have achieved.

You raised the Sangh and its policies, with no justification.

It was challenged; you responded with the argument that others were guilty of the same crimes, and should be treated equally as criminals.

In other words, you have converted the matter to a criminalisation of both major sections of Indian democracy. And, in addition, you also failed to notice that in all this, the Sangh Parivar's acts have come out as criminal acts by their being equated with other acts that you have described in strong terms.

Please think carefully about what you plan to write before writing it. 'Satam bado, ma likho.'

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Lets get one thing straight. Most people from IITs/IIMs DON'T HAVE A POLITICAL OPINION. They are not politically active, and don't care for whatever party that comes to power. Most of them don't have the time to worry about such issues. All they care about is their CVs and Jobs.

How do I know? I graduated from IIM Lucknow, class of 2009.

You want to see people who actively participate in politics, go to Delhi University, go to JNU etc and you'll find discussions on politics. In IITs/IIMs, all the discussion is focused on Theraja & Theraja, Kotler or ****. Seriously.

Thank you for your timely intervention.

'Joe Shearer' IIMC (Class of 74);)

Re: India’s terrorists

If you want to know the essence of my post please go directly to the post script, else continue.

By all means let us start from the "essence of your post", as there is some common ground that I can find – I think. It remains to be seen. In every instance, you have just held up somebody else's crimes as a justification for the crimes committed by people you support. How is that a justification?

Let me ask you how you would react to a parallel situation. If you were the judge trying Ajmal Kasab, and he pleaded that he was not at fault alone, that terrorists had committed frightful crimes during the Munich Olympics as well, would you make any allowance for him? Or would you say that the two have nothing to do with each other, and that he had to pay for his crime regardless of who else has committed such crimes.

And that's what I have to say about the Sangh Parivar.

Thanks for giving this example.

If the terrorists at Munich would have escaped unpunished and if they were to give lectures after 20 years about compassion and religious tolerance and the world was to listen to it --- then I, as the judge of Ajmal Kasab,would have no other way other than to pardon him on the ground he may become a saint later in his life.

I hope you can relate the above example to our modern day Munich terrorists (Congress,the doyen of India's secularism) and Kasab (Sangh).

And this is my argument.

Two wrongs dont make a right --- but what if one of them is NOT considered a wrong and only the other is accused of wrong ?

Its not you, who I am complaining of exhibiting double standards --- its the general media,the supposedly educated elite who have fallen for this and I am complaining about them and I expect you to acknowledge that such a mis-conception is prevalent in our society.

And since this is the recurring theme in my post ,I ll save you further trouble of reading and basically the format you ve quoted is also a bit tough on my eyes.

And again I have no were condoned Sangh's violent activities if any.Punish them by all means but dont punish them alone ---- they are just one side of the coin.Take a look at the other side also.

But if people were to support the other side blindly because of religion then , I have to take the Sangh's side and I have no qualms in it.

I am not sure if you realise what you have achieved.

You raised the Sangh and its policies, with no justification.

It was challenged; you responded with the argument that others were guilty of the same crimes, and should be treated equally as criminals.

In other words, you have converted the matter to a criminalisation of both major sections of Indian democracy. And, in addition, you also failed to notice that in all this, the Sangh Parivar's acts have come out as criminal acts by their being equated with other acts that you have described in strong terms.

My point is simple --- Treat all criminals as one. If you dont then I dont consider the Sangh as a criminal.

i dont think I have contradicted myself anywhere.

you can say what you want; indian are not our ''brothers'' and never will be

Exactly ---- why dont these people understand that.??

We willl never be and If I may say so,never want to be 'Brothers'.

On topic :
Is this some kinda practical joke ??

Back
Top Bottom