What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
You are no learned person are you? (think tank? My a$$ :rofl:)

Indian constitution says that all Indians are equal regardless of their caste, creed, religion, or native.

I think you have nothing better to offer except some mindless rant.

i am aware already about attempts to abolish untouchability in constitution, but the practice of untouchability continues and dalits continue to live outside villages, excommunicated from society. They are denied entry into temples, they are not allowed to share community wells, they are forced to drink water from separate glasses in some rural cafes, and they are frequently attacked or abused if any sign of defiance is shown.

believe me -- i'm worried about my own self and my own affairs -- i couldnt care less about the plight of dalits or shudras but I was trying to make a point.

To us, Pakistan/Kashmir is in our hearts. And every citizen in Pakistan regardless of religion is a citizen.

You are no learned person are you? (think tank? My a$$ :rofl:)

I think you have nothing better to offer except some mindless rant.

Brother, You have a hindu blood running in your vains. Your forefathers were tortured to the extent that they unwillingly bowed to accept their new religion. Just to make facts straight.

Hold your horse boy, before it kills itself!

Brother, You have a hindu blood running in your vains. Your forefathers were tortured to the extent that they unwillingly bowed to accept their new religion. Just to make facts straight.
I am happy that my blood is now clean thanks to my forefathers. i hope you got the point.

Actually, it was many dalits who converted to Islam -- many of them not by any external cohesion; it was 100% voluntary.

in fact, i remember meeting a Hyderabady hindu whose family converted pre-partition and made the way to Pakistan.

Sufi mystics also had an instrumental role, and dont forget that Baluch/Pakhtuns (huge chunk of the nation) have been Muslim long before Pakistan even existed.

make fool of myself??? look whose bloody talking....

and you better fix your attitude before talking to me, boy. I'm in no mood for CRAP from you people.

as for Kashmir, who is the fool? You occupy people who clearly want nothing to do with you; some of them want total independence from both. We support plebicite in Kashmir.....you call it "integral part" of your federation (for whatever that's worth)

now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to finish my beefburger. "ham"burger not very representative name ;)

make fool of myself??? look whose bloody talking....

and you better fix your attitude before talking to me, boy. I'm in no mood for CRAP from you people.

as for Kashmir, who is the fool? You occupy people who clearly want nothing to do with you; some of them want total independence from both. We support plebicite in Kashmir.....you call it "integral part" of your federation (for whatever that's worth)

now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to finish my beefburger. "ham"burger not very representative name ;)

Yes sir, "integral part"
Instrument of Accession (Jammu and Kashmir) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't talk as if Indians don't care about Kashmiris and that only Pakistanis care for the well being of them. If that's the case. Why doesn't your government support an independent Kashmir? Why try to annex it in 3 wars with us? :smitten: All this warring is hurting your fellow brothers in Kashmir. So if you care for them, give up your claim on Kashmir. Then tell India that we're selfish. Otherwise, we are no fools... you are making one out of yourself.

even your ministers call them "backwards" people

Backward caste? Yes; and I know many BC's and that's what they call themselves too. Not a bad thing, like you're making it sound like ^^. Where in hell did a minister call them "backwards people"? Source.

Last edited:
even your ministers call them "backwards" people

It is an administrative term used to define socially and economically backward section of society so that proper measures can be taken for their upliftment. Its like calling a developing country a developing country and not a developed country.

@Narad make your point, do not get personal.

We did not ask u to give us back the forcefully integrated Jungadh state then hold plebiscite. Point is Indians hold no moral grounds when it comes to Kashmir. ZERO. Nil.

whether its Dalits burnt alive in caste clash or Dalits lynched in Haryana --among tens of thousands of other cases --it seems local governments are doing squat to end the caste-based violence, since caste system is part of hinduism --though ironically it is only practiced in hindoostan. In Pakistan, they dont practice it....and in Nepal, they are outwardly rejecting it.

India's Untouchables are relegated to the lowest jobs, and live in constant fear of being publicly humiliated, paraded naked, beaten, and raped with impunity by upper-caste Hindus seeking to keep them in their place. Merely walking through an upper-caste neighborhood is a life-threatening offense.

Nearly 90 percent of all the poor Indians and 95 percent of all the illiterate Indians are Dalits, according to figures presented at the International Dalit Conference that took place May 16 to 18 in Vancouver, Canada.

Crime Against Dalits

Statistics compiled by India's National Crime Records Bureau indicate that in the year 2000, the last year for which figures are available, 25,455 crimes were committed against Dalits. Every hour two Dalits are assaulted; every day three Dalit women are raped, two Dalits are murdered, and two Dalit homes are torched.

No one believes these numbers are anywhere close to the reality of crimes committed against Dalits. Because the police, village councils, and government officials often support the caste system, which is based on the religious teachings of Hinduism, many crimes go unreported due to fear of reprisal, intimidation by police, inability to pay bribes demanded by police, or simply the knowledge that the police will do nothing.

"There have been large-scale abuses by the police, acting in collusion with upper castes, including raids, beatings in custody, failure to charge offenders or investigate reported crimes," said Narula.

India's "Untouchables" Face Violence, Discrimination

but the damage is done...governments cannot be expected or trusted to get rid of the caste system. Society must take a stand. Dalits too must stand up for their rights. Dalits must also reject the special status granted to them by the politicians as this was done to create vote banks rather than upliftment of the under priviliged.

;)

But lets just end this subject, i dont want to sound like spokesperson or rights advocate for "backwards hindu indians" ....its not my line of duty, or my concern

It is an administrative term used to define socially and economically backward section of society so that proper measures can be taken for their upliftment. Its like calling a developing country a developing country and not a developed country.

yah sure .. it is a term used to isolate those folks to certain areas and certain jobs ... then those certain areas are attacked by upper class Hindu mobs ... see it is easier that way because everyone knows that those 10 houses on fire are in a backward caste locality ...

same treatment for Muslims ... call them traitors and terrorists ... always blame them for riots ... we get it this is why we claim that Muslims in India are not happy but that is for another thread.

This thread is about how Indian police, again part of the occupying force, treats Muslims in teh Occupied Kashmir. Why do you think Azad Kashmir has no such issues? Why all issues are taking place in the Occupied Kashmir?

Grow up and work within your own society to highlight the plight of Kashmiris because it will benefit India ... you will not be able to occupy Kashmir for long, one day Occupied Kashmir will be free from your occupation and will be part of the Azad Kashmir insha-Allah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom