What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Actually, the cross border terrorism in India has gone on for so long that it has become a part of life.

There appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel since it is a three way perception at play - India, Pakistan and the terrorists.

US-based Kashmiri girl protests against HR violations in IHK | Kashmir Media Service
Srinagar, January 03 (KMS): A Kashmiri girl, Raheela S Narchoor, studying in the United States, marched alone on the streets of America to protest against the gross human rights violations perpetrated by Indian troops in occupied Kashmir.

Raheela, a human rights student in Indiana University School of Law, in a sub zero temperature marched without a sweater or a jacket to express solidarity with the Kashmiri women who had been raped or molested by the troops during the past 19-years. Her march attracted much attention in Indiana and was later joined by the other students holding placards at Sample Gates that read, “stop human rights violations in Kashmir” and “Kashmir in Tears.”

Raheela gave a brief speech about how political events have shaped up in occupied Kashmir. She said, “I grew up in conflict which brought an inner determination in me to contribute towards social change that would provide the freedom and peace to each human being,” Raheela told Srinagar media men over phone from the US.

“My neighbour was subjected to enforced disappearance by the troops in 1996. He left four daughters and a half widow. He was the only breadwinner of the family. His disappearance left an impact on my mind and I studied various disappearance cases, which prompted me to pursue human rights subject,” she said.

Raheela hoped that the people of Kashmir will one day be able to live in peace. “People should live with dignity and there isn’t dignity in Kashmir,” she added.

damn if theres a protest in nyc for kashmiri independence i would join, but i honor the girl for making a stand :tup:

I know in Pak forum this going to be HOT TOPIC. If she has any problems she has every right to protest, take the case to supreme court. I believe atleast Indian Muslim community will stand for her. I will tell you guys breaking the country is not a joke; even similar protests happen in India daily not only about kashmir its about states. Border villages claim that they wanted to be part of neighbour state etc etc. Govt is responsible for their social life but not their comfort. Take ur butt out of the state and live where ever u want

Same goes with this gal. If her social life getting screwed either she can relocate anywhere in the counry or take it to the right place for her personl problem. Kashmir belongs not only to her; it belongs to 100 crore Indians. Today Indian Home Minister told that we are addressing all the issues in the country and we will listen to anyones protest if its toward Integrity of the NATION. If not *&*&* off.

Last edited:
I know in Pak forum this going to be HOT TOPIC. Today Indian Home Minister told that we are addressing all the issues in the country and we will listen to anyones protest if its toward Integrity of the NATION. If not *&*&* off.
Even this GIRL if she has any problems she has every right to protest, take the case to supreme court. I believe atleast Indian Muslim community will stand for her. If she does all these drama of KASHMIR story no one will listen and we cant give KASHMIR for these fake drama even 100000 more ppl join.

Yes, Kashmiris have a problem, a very big problem at that, and last time they protested peacefully, they were fired upon by Indian troops.
No vote or protest can be carried out in the presence of 1 million Indian troops. Kashmir is a police state in the truest sense of the word. The sooner you admit this, the less humiliating the justice to Kashmiris will be for India.

And dont ever call it 'fake drama' again. I know you would rather want your opinion on Kashmir to matter, but only the Kashmiri people themselves should be given the spotlight on these matters. Dont discourage when they finally have a chance to protest in a neutral zone without 1 million Indian troops.

Indian Muslims cant even eat beef without fearing another massacre, any comments regarding Kashmir will be disastrous. Arent they still seeking forgiveness for what happened in Mumbai?

“stop human rights violations in Kashmir” and “Kashmir in Tears.” I studied various disappearance cases, which prompted me to pursue human rights subject,” she said..
You better join the team of LET or some terror gang and teach them about HUMAN RIGHTS dear.
Raheela hoped that the people of Kashmir will one day be able to live in peace. “People should live with dignity and there isn’t dignity in Kashmir,” she added.
Yes we hope to. But Not unfortunately till they kill every TERRORS.
damn if theres a protest in nyc for kashmiri independence i would join, but i honor the girl for making a stand

Well you can also start One bhai; Not just kashmir add few more states. No Problem.

Yes, Kashmiris have a problem, a very big problem at that, and last time they protested peacefully, they were fired upon by Indian troops. No vote or protest can be carried out in the presence of 1 million Indian troops. Kashmir is a police state in the truest sense of the word. The sooner you admit this, the less humiliating the justice to Kashmiris will be for India.

Dear UnitedPak, I know Kashmir is very emotional to every pakistani as well as Indian. OK. Both the countries are emotionally attached and I dont expect any solution in near future. Pakistan govt should achieve normal life in pak controlled Kashmir (PCK-Again pak ppl wont agree with this word). Indian govt should achieve normal life in Indian controller Kashmir (Indians might kill me). .

And dont ever call it 'fake drama' again. I know you would rather want your opinion on Kashmir to matter, but only the Kashmiri people themselves should be given the spotlight on these matters.

First is internal peace. Now there are so many terror camps inside the Indian kashmir that need to be destroyed. The terror might be kashmiri, Indian, hindu Islam, Pakistani anyone ,,,,he should be killed first. No one is allowed to take GUN against the govt according to Indian law. Thre is no compramise.

Dont discourage when they finally have a chance to protest in a neutral zone without 1 million Indian troops.
I think you have got a point here. They have right to protest pecefully anywhere and even within India. I agree with u.

Indian Muslims cant even eat beef without fearing another massacre, any comments regarding Kashmir will be disastrous. Arent they still seeking forgiveness for what happened in Mumbai?

I didnt get your view on Mumbai. Could you pls explain. When it comes to BEEF i dont know the facts. I need to do some RnD. 800 million ppl feel its a god. Again it might be another controvertial issue betwen Hindu and Muslim. But as I understand you can get BEEF in India. but with some regulations.

If your troops are so damn terrified, get them out of Kashmir.

LOL you are talking about taking the INDIAN troops out of Indian Kashmir? DO you think its ever going to happen? Indian troops just backed off for cold and u know resulted in Kargil....
The day Indian troops are out of kashmir within 10 mins it doenst belong to India anymore. :hitwall:

I know you would rather want your opinion on Kashmir to matter, but only the Kashmiri people themselves should be given the spotlight on these matters.
Who is Kashmiri? The terrors gangs? Today Kashmir assembly dont have single represenatative from pandits group. Do you know several decads back pandits are major population there? Many families including muslims are relocating to different parts of the country. Do you know what would have happened if its USA? They would have relocared the whole kashmir ppl to some other place and declared its a military state.

Last edited:
Pandits protest `communalisation` of Amarnath land issue
PTI
New Delhi, June 29: Scores of Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday took to the streets in the national capital to protest the "communalisation and politicisation" of the Amarnath shrine land issue.
-
The protestors under the aegis of 'roots in Kashmir' blocked traffic at Jantar Mantar for some time and criticized Governor N N Vohra for deciding not to pursue the transfer of forestland to the shrine board for developmental activities.
-
The activists also burnt the effigies of People’s Democratic Party (PDP) leaders Mehbooba Mufti and Muzaffar Baig and JKLF'S Yasin Malik for allegedly communalising the issue.
-
Criticising the Governor, who also heads the board, the protestors claimed that the transfer of land benefit locals as well as pilgrims.
-
Jammu and Kashmir has witnessed violent protests over the past few days after the state government decided to transfer forestland to the shrine board for developmental activities.
-
"The ongoing crisis in the state is a well crafted exercise by separatists and some anti-national forces. It comes at a time when the pilgrimage to the shrine is in progress. The furore that has been created over the simple transfer of land clearly reveals the real agenda of these forces," Amal magazine of 'roots in Kashmir' said.
-
Jantar Mantar, New Delhi

Roots In Kashmir: Kashmiri Pandits Protest against Communal Propaganda over Amarnath Shrine

There are two sides to the issue.

I know in Pak forum this going to be HOT TOPIC. If she has any problems she has every right to protest, take the case to supreme court. I believe atleast Indian Muslim community will stand for her. I will tell you guys breaking the country is not a joke; even similar protests happen in India daily not only about kashmir its about states. Border villages claim that they wanted to be part of neighbour state etc etc. Govt is responsible for their social life but not their comfort. Take ur butt out of the state and live where ever u want

Same goes with this gal. If her social life getting screwed either she can relocate anywhere in the counry or take it to the right place for her personl problem. Kashmir belongs not only to her; it belongs to 100 crore Indians. Today Indian Home Minister told that we are addressing all the issues in the country and we will listen to anyones protest if its toward Integrity of the NATION. If not *&*&* off.

Yes breaking the country is not a joke. True. Also killing over 80,000 people including 75 years' old as well as 6 years old girl is not a joke.

And Kashmiri hindus? Had they ever tried to accept the Kashmiri Muslims as human beings with same dignity and social prestige? Had they ever talked about peaceful co-existence? Look, Kashmiri Muslims are not like those rural downtrodden Muslims of the Murshidabad district of Bengal. Those are converted Muslims who had earlier been hidus, but later due to the Upper caste particularly Brahmin hindu oppression, got converted into Islam where there is no caste and no race based discrimination, according to the Shariya. Anyway, Kashmiri Muslims were not ready to be treated like slaves under the hindu rule. So they want freedom. Thus, hindus are historically responsible as the Congress hindu leadership made Muhammad Ali Zinnah, who had earlier been a secular, modern and western educated person, realize what it means to be a slave.

And Supreme Court? She would have been killed in a fake encounter, had ever she tried to push an appeal file in the Supreme Court. Either you are deliberately suppressing the facts or you are ignorant about the true nature of indian judicial affairs.

Yes Kashmir not only belongs to her. But her home, her memories, her near and dear ones belong to her and you 100 crore indians cannot snatch that away from her. NEVER. She may not care for the whole Kashmir, but she cares for her home and her family members. She is much more courageous than us. RED SALUTE to her.

Kashmir will surely get Azadi. AZAD KASHMIR ZINDABAD.

LOL you are talking about taking the INDIAN troops out of Indian Kashmir? DO you think its ever going to happen? Indian troops just backed off for cold and u know resulted in Kargil....
The day Indian troops are out of kashmir within 10 mins it doenst belong to India anymore. :hitwall:

It is called occupation. Get the definition of the term from a good dictionary.

:guns:brutal oppressive occupational forces

seems like u dont know much about kashmir or kashmiri people

You better join the team of LET or some terror gang and teach them about HUMAN RIGHTS dear.

Yes we hope to. But Not unfortunately till they kill every TERRORS.

Well you can also start One bhai; Not just kashmir add few more states. No Problem.

kashmir is not a state of india

roopesh srry to say man but it looks like u dont know much about kashmir or kashmiris
u have the right to comment on anything u want but u should have stayed out of this conversation because ur statements are really making ur sense of knowledge look bad

Yes breaking the country is not a joke. True. Also killing over 80,000 people including 75 years' old as well as 6 years old girl is not a joke.

Do you have a count after Independece years and except in war situations how many ppl killed in Kashmir who are common citizens. Do you have idea how many ppl army is loosing them daily.

Anyway, Kashmiri Muslims were not ready to be treated like slaves under the hindu rule. So they want freedom. Thus, hindus are historically responsible as the Congress hindu leadership made Muhammad Ali Zinnah, who had earlier been a secular, modern and western educated person, realize what it means to be a slave.

The issue of upper caste/slave existed all over the country. The poor would be a slave. The society has changed and the issues have solved. Take west bengal in this case. Still slave system going on. Protests are going on. But never with Kashmir. Do you know Hindu/Muslim population in kashmir today? Do you know mulsim population in the assembly? NO Where in KASHMIR HINDUS are ruling now. Show me the statics and explain how.

Do you have any idea why ppl entering kashmir from the borders and their relation to kashmir. Do you know how many ppl in anti-nationalism against India in kashmir region .

Yes Kashmir not only belongs to her. But her home, her memories, her near and dear ones belong to her and you 100 crore indians cannot snatch that away from her. NEVER. She may not care for the whole Kashmir, but she cares for her home and her family members. She is much more courageous than us. RED SALUTE to her.
Totally agree with you. She has every right to protest against her personal damage.

Kashmir will surely get Azadi. AZAD KASHMIR ZINDABAD.
It will get from Terrors. True Azadi. Not from the fake ppl entering the region in the name of fake kashmirs and trying to challenge India. NEVER EVER THEY CAN GET IT.

Back
Top Bottom