What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters

Pakistan Muslim League - Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif. — File photo

BEIJING: Pakistan has the right to carry out development activities in Kashmir and establish economic cooperation with China for its development, visiting former premier Nawaz Sharif said during his visit to China.

Sharif, the chief of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), the opposition party in Pakistan, made the remarks appeared in China Daily while referring to an earlier report from India, which criticised China's involvement in ongoing projects in Azad Kashmir.

“The criticism is not fair. It is the basic right and requirement for Pakistanis in the Kashmir area to benefit from such projects and no one can deprive them of these rights,” Sharif said.

According to the website of the Council on Foreign Relations, there are about 10,000 Chinese workers engaged in 120 projects in Pakistan. Chinese investment there — including heavy engineering, power generation, mining, and telecommunications — was valued at $4 billion in 2007 and is expected to rise to $15 billion during 2010.

“Pakistan and India have long outstanding issues that need to be solved, and we are thankful for China's support for Pakistan on the Kashmir issue,” the newspaper quoted Nawaz Sharif as saying.

The opposition leader added that India and Pakistan have remained engaged in an “unnecessary and unproductive” arms race during the past 60 years and both have spent billions of dollars on military hardware instead of diverting this amount for the social welfare of their people.

Sharif stressed that China is Pakistan’s “most reliable friend” and the friendship between the two countries is “time-tested” and will remain strong. — APP

And Nawaz Sharif is Kashmiri himself.

:pakistan:

Not really. 'Referendum' was never made the mechanism to exercise the 'choice'. It was only upto the ruler of the Princely State to make that decision and it was to be based on 'geographical contiguity'.

So you agree that junagarh and the other Princely State that chose pakistan should be given back to pakistan?

The accession of Princely States had nothing to do with religion.

So its just an amazing coincidence that the majority muslim areas choose to come together and form pakistan and the majority hindu areas made up india.

Reacting strongly to remarks by ‘so-called Chief Minister’ of Gilgit-Baltistan, India said Pakistan's actions regarding the area in the past few months cannot ‘camouflage’ its ‘illegal occupation’ of that part of Jammu and Kashmir which is "completely unacceptable".

"We have seen media reports regarding remarks of the so-called Chief Minister of Gilgit-Baltistan in which he said that Gilgit-Baltistan had become the 'fifth province' of Pakistan and henceforth had no connection to Kashmir," the official spokesman of the Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement here.

The entire state of Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India by virtue of its accession to India in 1947, he said. Any action to alter the status of any part of the territory under the "illegal occupation of Pakistan has no legal basis whatsoever, and is completely unacceptable," he said.

"Pakistan's actions regarding Gilgit-Baltistan in the past few months cannot camouflage its illegal occupation of part of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, nor can they hide the denial of basic rights to the people in that part for the past six decades," the spokesman said.

The newly-elected "Chief Minister" of Gilgit-Baltistan Mehdi Shah had said that the people of the area had decided their accession to Pakistan after getting freedom from 'Dogra rule' and now the region has become the fifth province of Pakistan and has no connection with Kashmir.

- Indian express

Hahahaha, illegal occupation my foot............Don't these Indian Express faggots know that Gilgit broke away from Kashmir, when it was being overrun by Indian troops as a result of a rebellion BY THE PEOPLE in favour of Pakistan ?
If you want to talk about illegal occupation, tell me why India won't hold a plebiscite in Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir ?

So you agree that junagarh and the other Princely State that chose pakistan should be given back to pakistan?
Which part of 'geographical contiguity' do you not understand?

But I guess then you also agree that whole of Kashmir belongs to India and Pakistan is illegally occupying whatever it is occupying.

So its just an amazing coincidence that the majority muslim areas choose to come together and form pakistan and the majority hindu areas made up india.
Fail.

The Princely States were never a part of the British India and the 'two nation theory' was conjured up for the British India.

Last edited:
:rofl:

Pathetic Indian propaganda.

First the orator says, the guy was killed on a polling station, common sense dictates (which the Indians lack), it was a political violence, but to make use of the video, the name of Pak Army had to be brought in.

And were the Indian propagandists not wearing glasses to have missed the Pakistani flag :pakistan: being flown in the background.

After seeing this video, i have no doubts the printing of PAF Ex-CAS picture instead of the Indian AC, wasn't a mistake, but an act to show the dumbness of the Indian propagandists.

:rofl:

But u see, in the Pakistan every death even by accident, due to crime, dispute between brothers Flashed as Indian atrocities.

Recently there was a rape then as it is typical to India being a democracy people protest.

Even if their is breakdown in power supply etc.

But in Pakistan it makes breaking news as suppression or atrocities by Army.

As army have nothing to do. That's called typical propaganda.

Which part of 'geographical contiguity' do you not understand?

But I guess then you also agree that whole of Kashmir belongs to India and Pakistan is illegally occupying whatever it is occupying.

Fail.

The Princely States were never a part of the British India and the 'two nation theory' was conjured up for the British India.

Geographical Continuity ? That sounds almost ironical coming from you since Kasmir is linked to India only by one highway !!!!!!!
The Leh-Manali Highway.................

This is news to me:

Some map, they even got the spellings of road wrong !!!!!!!!!
By the way, i think either you or I need a monitor with higher resolution, as i can see only one highway and one "Other Road" on my PC.

Some map, they even got the spellings of road wrong !!!!!!!!!

Whatever....but it has the lines that signify Roads....or is it to difficult to comprehend:

If it is , I have got help for you:

5fb4c06ce70fe89d1c152b1090d71352.jpg

Whatever....but it has the lines that signify Roads....or is it to difficult to comprehend:

If it is , I have got help for you:

5fb4c06ce70fe89d1c152b1090d71352.jpg

Again only one highway and this time, two "Major Roads".
Highway is still only one.

NH7 is the national highway and a part of national corridor express way starts from Kashmir and ends at Kanyakumari.

There you go, from the NHAI site itself

Read this:
National Highway 1D (India) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
National Highway 1D (NH 1D), also known as Srinagar-Leh Highway, is a National Highway entirely within the state of Jammu & Kashmir in North India that connects Srinagar to Leh in Ladakh. It is one of the only two roads that connect Ladakh with the rest of India, the other being Leh-Manali Highway. The Srinagar-Leh Highway was declared as National Highway in 2006.
The old Central Asian trade route Srinagar-Leh-Yarkand was also known as the Treaty Road, after a commercial treaty signed in 1870 between maharaja Ranbir Singh and T.D. Forsyth.

Kashmir has an easy solution to it. Negotiate joint construction of dams. Then remove all troops (both Pakistan and India) and set a date for a referendum. Thereafter respect the outcome. Alternatively set a referendum for each area of Kashmir to decide who wants to do what and accept the outcome. Is all the bickering and bombing and killing in Kashmir really worth the outcome ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom