What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
^^^ That may be true, but before 1989 there was hardly any calls for armed struggle for independence either. One of the reasons why the 47-48 and the 65 wars Kashmir was still with India and the locals fought against invaders. Also why the urge to "fight" against the same militants who "profess" to fight for Kashmir. The reason is that the vast majority are now foreigners not locals. And they are getting whatever help they can to fight them.

The important thing is to provide a safe secure environment for people to freely discuss their views without so called Jihadi groups intimidating them.

^^^
Apologies I searched only in the Kashmir sub forum and didn't find it. At least, I have contributed the original research paper written by Ankit i.e. the source of Naqvi's article so hope that's helpful

Some obvious cases of family men quitting war, is not an indication of any sort of relentment in the desire for independence. Kashmiris want Kashmir minus India.

So much so that a few years back Hizb-ul-Mujahideen even had Hindus in its ranks, upto commander levels!

Kashmir with India, you can't change the original facts...

:smitten: i love to hear it...this dispute between as will never change, if it change politicians of both country have no work loot public money using defense sector

Some obvious cases of family men quitting war, is not an indication of any sort of relentment in the desire for independence. Kashmiris want Kashmir minus India.

So much so that a few years back Hizb-ul-Mujahideen even had Hindus in its ranks, upto commander levels!

Actually many have started realizing that thats not gonna happen by waging a war against India. Few nut cases with AKs trained by some ulta war mongering idiots who are good for nothing (I am sure this has nothing to do with pakistan) cannot defeat India.

So no point of dieing in vain for someone else fantasy which does not seem to be fulfilled anytime soon is of no use.

Anyways we have also come up with the policy either come back or get crushed.

We also need to start with a media campaign regarding the conditions in Pakistan for fellow muslim in Kashmir to make them realize the ground reality.

The self rule that J&K enjoys today is far more than any 'autonomous' region in the world has. There were people who got hurt by the way Central government treated Kashmiri leadership in the 80's. The resentment is justified except for its means. Any self respecting person would do what they did.

The days when the insurgency had native command structure with a secular leadership is long gone as cross border groups started streaming in. What is remains is a fractured society where people's allegiance is stereotyped based on their birth.

As tempers cool down people will realize that they were living peacefully with their pride until 75 and that they can do the same now. That there are not far from Indian culture. There are 600 militants left now, all of them jihadis. Rehabilitate one every week, that's enough to get back to normalcy and start reconstruction of the society and economy.

All that people need is convincing assurance and education.:agree:

:cheers:
Ruby.

yes kashmirs hate the idea of independence!! check out the following videos to make up your mind!

or this

or this is the biggest lie

all lies!!!! (i hope you all see the sarcasim

Last edited by a moderator:
Kashmir freedom movement is all a lie!!

LIE???

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people are basing there fantasy on you tube videos. there are many videos which say india is already doomed. Pakistan is doomed blah. You tube is good time paas but nothing there for serious concerns.

Anyways it has prooved good for us in 65 and in all other wars whenever pakistan has belived that kashmiris are with them. But oops in the end they ended up supporting someone else. I wish that our enemy remains disillusioned.

Ok so you gave 4 videos from you tube what if i give you 8 videos from same you tube where kashmiris say they are indians are you ready to give up your occupied kashmir

This before 1989 there was nothing and now it started is also wrong. If at any point there was no problem India would've conducted the UN administered plebiscite. India cowers from the word "plebiscite" just because there is no truth to these reports that India routinely circulates that all is well in Kashmir. Each time independent people have reported the mood of the people they have always said that people want independence.

Ok so you gave 4 videos from you tube what if i give you 8 videos from same you tube where kashmiris say they are indians are you ready to give up your occupied kashmir

firstly third link is a neutral reporting source which said some good things about your country however they mentioned that the voter turn out was LOW! secondly if you are so confident about kashmiris loving india! then hold a plebiscite! but you won't honour your own (nehru's word) because you are sure the mood of the people is not how it was in junagadh!

i guess mods all kashmir threads should be linked into one because they all keep going around in circles!

:) It is the official name in India.

well the WORLD knows it as AZAAD KASHMIR! so your BR name can stay with you! it has its on constitution! It has its own elected president, prime minister, legislature, high court, and official flag:coffee:

good for you indians to keep thinking otherwise :lol:

Back
Top Bottom