What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Let me isolate what Nehru had said

:disagree:

edwina-mountbatten-nehru.jpg

A famous picture of the three which has been the subject of many columns and much discussion in India, England and other countries. This real picture of the three shows the clear relationship between Edwina, Nehru and Lord Mountbatten. Nehru is leaning towards Ediwina clearly in Edwina's space while Lord Mountbatten is aloof and peering out into the horizon. Nehru and Edwina are sharing a joke, whle the gay Lord Mountabtten ignores the intimacy between his Jewish wife and native Hindu politician. Large Nehru flirts with lover Edwina Mountbatten while an embarressed Lord Mountbatten looks aloof at the horizon

:agree:

i hv the maoist card, lets stick to the topic.

Play it. they are after all Indians fighting against the rule not the land. You try attacking India they will be in the line to fight against you.

edwina-mountbatten-nehru.jpg

A famous picture of the three which has been the subject of many columns and much discussion in India, England and other countries. This real picture of the three shows the clear relationship between Edwina, Nehru and Lord Mountbatten. Nehru is leaning towards Ediwina clearly in Edwina's space while Lord Mountbatten is aloof and peering out into the horizon. Nehru and Edwina are sharing a joke, whle the gay Lord Mountabtten ignores the intimacy between his Jewish wife and native Hindu politician. Large Nehru flirts with lover Edwina Mountbatten while an embarressed Lord Mountbatten looks aloof at the horizon

:agree:
On the other hand this post stands testimony to the quality of 'Think Tanks'.

Now, tell me Mr Think Tank, would it be pretty if I get down to your level and start making lewd comments about a 40 yr old Jinnah and his love affair with a 16 yr old kid. That won't be pretty, would it?

^^^And you do know that serious historians consider it more of a drama and filmi book that proper history. And Edwina was Roman Catholic as was her father, her Grand father covnerted from Judaism to Roman Catholic.But her mother never had any jewish ancestor.

Stanley Wolpert says Nehru was Gay, Alex and Clement says he had an affair with Edwina. Make up your mind people! :D

On the other hand this post stands testimony to the quality of 'Think Tanks'.

Now, tell me Mr Think Tank, would it be pretty if I get down to your level and start making lewd comments about a 40 yr old Jinnah and his love affair with a 16 yr old kid. That won't be pretty, would it?

Oh please! I am a think tank because of my professional background. I am still very much human, no need to play the righteous with me, i have read some of your rather tasteless comments...

Coming back to the question at hand, quote Gandhi, yes! I respect the man, he is a hero to me. But quoting Nehru... Please!

Good Day!

Last edited:
Oh please! I am a think tank because of my professional background. I am still very much human, no need to play the righteous with me, i have read some of your rather tasteless comments...

Coming back to the question at hand, quote Ghandi, yes! I respect the man, he is a hero to me. But quoting Nehru... Please!

Good Day!

Calling Gandhi as Ghandi.

Nice going think tank. Now call this a typing mistake.

Calling Gandhi as Ghandi.

Nice going think tank. Now call this a typing mistake.

Such a pitty... Alas, for some there is no silver lining.. No matter my friend, time will be the judge of our intentions.

Such a pitty... Alas, for some there is no silver lining.. No matter my friend, time will be the judge of our intentions.

If ur intention was to make fun of India's greatest man, then keep your pity to urself - you will need it more.

If ur intention was to make fun of India's greatest man, then keep your pity to urself - you will need it more.

It was an honest mistake, and it has been corrected, i am using a very small keyboard. I apologise for any offence, that was not the intention (believe me).

If you are ever in Pakistan, i will show you the Jinnah and Gandhi memorabilia i have collected over the years. Don't let your young blood cloud your impression of people.

You don't even know me, and that is where the problem begins. Just like us Pakistanis are brought up to think you hate Jinnah and Iqbal, you Indians feel we are brought up to ridicule great personalities like Ghandi.

That is not the case... Now if we can put this behind us, and consider the topic at hand?

It was an honest mistake, and it has been corrected, i am using a very small keyboard. I apologise for any offence, that was not the intention (believe me).

If you are ever in Pakistan, i will show you the Jinnah and Gandhi memorabilia i have collected over the years. Don't let your young blood cloud your impression of people.

You don't even know me, and that is where the problem begins. Just like us Pakistanis are brought up to think you hate Jinnah and Iqbal, you Indians feel we are brought up to ridicule great personalities like Ghandi.

That is not the case... Now if we can put this behind us, and consider the topic at hand?

as far as normal average indians are concerned who are bsy with their life for bread and butter dont hate Iqbal but know him as a freedom fighter who created "saare jaha se acha.........." as far jinnah is concerned people normally think that he wanted to be the prime minister so did Nehru so this rift forced him to create Pakistan. Gandhi being on the side of Nehru parted with him and was responsible for the partition. If he would have agreed to Jinnah there would have been no partition. I am not stating facts here it is what common man thinks in India.

The thing in bold. There u go again.

But thank you for ur explanation.

You intentions may not be wrong but there are some other Pakistani kids who do it purposely and seriously we dont like it. How would Pakistanis feel if we called Jinnah Saab as Jinnu or Jhandu?

Anyways, no hard feelings.

The thing in bold. There u go again.

But thank you for ur explanation.

You intentions may not be wrong but there are some other Pakistani kids who do it purposely and seriously we dont like it. How would Pakistanis feel if we called Jinnah Saab as Jinnu or Jhandu?

Anyways, no hard feelings.

Totally understandable, rest assured i did run word check on it this time... Unless OpenOffice (yes im cheap) is running a conspiracy against me.

As for Kids... Well sadly we have a lot of those on both sides and they have created a lot of problems... Considering they will be the ones shining the beacon in years to come... *sigh*.

I was under the impression that maturity comes with age. It appears that it runs in reverse with some people.

As with my 'tasteless' comments, well, it never revolved around rumors, hearsay or speculation about anybody's sexual preferences or practices.

Coming back to the question at hand, quote Gandhi, yes! I respect the man, he is a hero to me. But quoting Nehru... Please!
If you had taken some time to pause and read before giving in to your primordial need to be a smart Alec, you would have realised that it was your buddy that I was replying to. It was he, who had invoked Nehru, not me.

As with your suggestion to quote Gandhi, I'll quote whoever I feel suites my argument. If you don't approve of it, rebut using something called logic or rational instead of bouncing like a 9 year old kid who has just learned the meaning of 'sex'.

I was under the impression that maturity comes with age. It appears that it runs in reverse with some people.

As with my 'tasteless' comments, well, it never revolved around rumors, hearsay or speculation about anybody's sexual preferences or practices.

If you had taken some time to pause and read before giving in to your primordial need to be a smart Alec, you would have realised that it was your buddy that I was replying to. It was he, who had invoked Nehru, not me.

As with your suggestion to quote Gandhi, I'll quote whoever I feel suites my argument. If you don't approve of it, rebut using something called logic or rational instead of bouncing like a 9 year old kid who has just learned the meaning of 'sex'.

Ouch... Touched a nerve have i?

By the way i just wanted to add, my "buddy" is one of the most respected members of this forum. If he is being courteous to you, kindly repay the favour!

Alavidha

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom