What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
@Jana, Please feel free to discuss any insurgencies in India. As Asim says, its an international forum, open to all discussions. Do discuss Maoists, ULFA etc and we will return the favor and discuss Sindh, Balochistan, FATA, NWFP, SWAT, Taliban etc (in the relevant threads)

I do agree that lets do it in their own threads and not mix them up.. However there is always merit in discussing a broader security situation in the country while discussing a particular insurgency or problem.. As they say.. No man (or situation) is an island..

Also, the disputed nature of a piece of land is not the only parameter that defines similarities between 2 situations.

The Indian killers can not be disturbed because you had been killing innocent Kashmiris since many decades.

Kashmir is NOT never WAS, never will be "integral" part of bhaarat aka india.

By occupying a land it can not become your part no mater how many million terrorist troops india deploy there

Paktribune misses your pristine,un-biased,balanced views :rofl:

@ontopic
45?i think the numbers will be higher.:frown:

One of the most and dumbest comparisons bhartis bring in. NW Pakistan is part of Pakistan unlike Indian Occupied Kashmir which is not part of India rather an occupied land where Indian State Terrorism is on peak since many decades.
We Pakistanis do not bring in North East Indian insurgencies here because thats part of India.
So the bottom line is if at all bhaaaaartis want to compare the situation you can compare NE maoists and other Indian insurgencies with North West Pakistan situation .

Terrorism of Kashmir started in late 90's when you guys started supporting it..before it Kashmir was calm..and there is no NE maosits..and also Asim pointed out that he will kick out those who bring X,Y,Z in to this discussion..i think he just not meant for Indians only..

Paksitan army is not bombing innocent civilians anywhere.....they are fighting with armed persons.... not like you who kill innocent unarmed people who want to get rid of you.....

This brutal killing should end now

Didnt your COAS recently apologise publically for civilian deaths in army operations. Didnt people on this forum recently proved by their arguements that drone attacks are happeneing with PA cooperation. The same drone attacks that are blamed to have killed hundreds of civilians.. And Agno had been blaming India for double standards :azn:

Oh! I forgot.. Kashmir is disputed so its different.. ;)

The Indian killers can not be disturbed because you had been killing innocent Kashmiris since many decades.

Kashmir is NOT never WAS, never will be "integral" part of bhaarat aka india.

By occupying a land it can not become your part no mater how many million terrorist troops india deploy there

Before typing stupidity it will be good for you to read some history and look at the maps.where do you think Kashmir was before 1947??is it bought by Muslim invaders or Britishers from their country??.Kashmir was and will be an Integral part of India..

Yes it is different because FATA, NWFP is internal matter of Pakistan and there is NO occupation rather its part of Pakistan according to International Laws whereas despite Indian occupation, Held Kashmir is NOT part of India.

Get a life now

How does it make it any different to the civilian getting killed or his family. Last I checked the loss felt by them is same in both cases. God does not allow weekly family visits for people killed in undisputed areas..

So as I said, feel free to discuss Kashmir based on your national mentality of that being a part of Pakistan in India's occupation. We will have an honest discussion if nothing else. All I am saying is to give a rest to the whole "my heart beats for my Kashmiri brothers" BS..

Your wrong recent studies show that kashmiri people want peace, jobs and security like any human being. Some of these youths are hell bent on causing trouble as they have nothing to look forward to. Its a classic cry for help but instead the Indian goverment is using aggressive techniques which will not work, crowd control can be easily done with rubber bullets and water guns I dont know why the Indian army dont move towards these methods.

Sure Kashmiris want peace, jobs and security, who on earth wouldn't want them but they equally want their right to plebiscite which Pandit Nehru agreed he would provide. What are they killing their lives for? For Job, peace and security? Lets stop talking non-sense. Shell we?

ohh...we are doing dog fight over kashmir, is it??;)

Let me join and say hello!!....

What going on in the valley is nothing but naked communal separatism.Its all restricted the few districts of Kashmir valley.

Hindu dominated Jammu is clam like never ever.No body looking for azadi in jammu inclding muslims living there . So is the case up north in Buddhist Laddhak and even in Shia dominated Rajori -poonch distrcts anyone barely feels they are under an occupation though they see more Army men guarding LOC than valley Kashmiris, in fact they feel Army done more in last two decade in these remotes areas than any leader who sits in Srinagar.

Sure Kashmiris want peace, jobs and security, who on earth wouldn't want them but they equally want their right to plebiscite which Pandit Nehru agreed he would provide. What are they killing their lives for? For Job, peace and security? Lets stop talking non-sense. Shell we?

and you think pelting stones at civilians and forcing others to close shops will help them get it??they are now making innocent Kashmiries lives hell..

and you think pelting stones at civilians and forcing others to close shops will help them get it??they are now making innocent Kashmiries lives hell..
Seiko -

I personally feel the actual people rebelling are no way representing the entire kashmir. The ratio os rebels compared to Kashmir populattion will be 0.05: a million.

There is no point they are puting accross in doing this.
Its just another form of CROSS BORDER TERRORISM.

People of india and GOI has amply made it clear that territorial integrity of india cannot be compromised at any cost. Indian constitution does not allow compromising territorial integrity of any part of india under any circumstances. There are a few people in the valley who think that by resorting to violence and arousing passions and chest beating they can gather enough international pressure and india may consider some "autonomy" to Kashmir valley, but it should be made known to these rabble-rousers that indian state is ready to go to "any extent" and only way forward for any and all in the valley is peace and allegiance to india. Kashmir valley does not belong to any group of people, but it belongs to entire india.

However, india may consider requesting Pakistan to give citizenship to those kashmiri people who do not want to live in india. We are ready to give them a ceremonial farewell so that the rest of the valley can live peacefully.

Why do you think Kashiries accept Indian Constitution as their book of guidance? They over-throw Indian Flags, burn them, tear it apart and you expect they would stop seeking freedom because Indian Constitution doesn't permit territorial disintegration? Please people, an argument must have some logic in it.

Kashmir isn't part of India the first place and this is its internationally recognized stature. Second, The Indian Partition plan clearly states Muslim Majority Areas would be part of Pakistan and Hindu Majority Areas will conform India. Now have a look at the following Map and see yourself where do Kashmiri belongs to.

Brit_IndianEmpireReligions3.jpg

I wonder if you guys are ignorant on these aspects or you purposefully deny the truth even when you know you are factually, logically and morally wrong.

@Jana, Please feel free to discuss any insurgencies in India. As Asim says, its an international forum, open to all discussions. Do discuss Maoists, ULFA etc and we will return the favor and discuss Sindh, Balochistan, FATA, NWFP, SWAT, Taliban etc (in the relevant threads)

I do agree that lets do it in their own threads and not mix them up.. However there is always merit in discussing a broader security situation in the country while discussing a particular insurgency or problem.. As they say.. No man (or situation) is an island..

Also, the disputed nature of a piece of land is not the only parameter that defines similarities between 2 situations.

Nobody is stopping you from discussing any part of Pakistan BUT please do it in appropriate thread and DO NOT compare NWFP/KP, Sindh, Punjab, Balochistan and so on with Occupied Kashmir.

As far as Indian insurgencies are concerned we do not compare Kashmir with those but i am afraid Indians have some problem with their thinking.

What India needs is for the army to be given free hand in Kashmir. 6 months is all it will take before the state is cleaned up for good.

But our weak diplomacy has always tied the army's hands, so that all justified kills have to be cloaked in endless red tape for God knows who. When you call in the exterminator, you instruct him to kill all the rats. You do not tell him this particular *** is different from this one, and hence needs to be coming under the wheels of your car accidentally in the driveway rather than being drowned like the common *** he is.

The nation needs to realise that we are at war. And wars are fought with armies, not the police.

All this laughing about getting slapped around and beaten up, as weak lilly livered comebacks for the same fate suffered a thousandfold on previous occasions at a national level, will then be seen in its true light.

There is no use keeping the dogs of war tied up for posterity. They need to be let loose on an open field once in a while. One only needs to see the health and vitality of our neighbours armed forces to see the truth in that.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
Seiko -

I personally feel the actual people rebelling are no way representing the entire kashmir. The ratio os rebels compared to Kashmir populattion will be 0.05: a million.

There is no point they are puting accross in doing this.
Its just another form of CROSS BORDER TERRORISM.

Oh really if its so why is bharti govt and bhartis are so afraid to hold a referendum there under UN .

You should not be afraid after all according to your claims majority votes will be polled in favour of India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom