What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The physical demonstrations of a lack of acceptance of Indian occupation will ebb and flow over time, as they have done - the ebb does not change the reality of the situation in terms of a refusal to accept Indian occupation

Well, we will get back to the pre-1989 situation soon. Before Pakistan thought it could do an Afghanistan on India. Kashmir was fully integrated then and it will be fully integrated again soon.

Pakistan has the blood of millions of Afghans and thousands of Kashmiris on its hands in it's irrational pursuit of being the inheritor of the invaders of India.

The Kashmiris are trying to close the door behind them, but they have to push the Indian invaders out of the house first.

I am amazed that Pakistanis still have time to think of Kashmiris when so much is going on within.

Irrespective, you are never gonna get Kashmir. As Irfan Husain said:

Grow up and smell the coffee

The Kashmiris are not fighting against Hindu, they are fighting against India. In contradiction to popular Indian media myths.

The valley Kashmirs have not problem with the Pandits. But Pakistani backed militants do. It was due to attacks by groups like LeT Hizb e.t.c that thousands of Hindus had to move out of the valley.

The valley Kashmirs have not problem with the Pandits. But Pakistani backed militants do. It was due to attacks by groups like LeT Hizb e.t.c that thousands of Hindus had to move out of the valley.

Not to forget to add Sikhs as well. Who were killed by those freedom fighters on the eve of Bill Clinton's arrival to India... Hypocrites..Talk about Kashmirs and then sneak the religion into that...

Well, we will get back to the pre-1989 situation soon. Before Pakistan thought it could do an Afghanistan on India. Kashmir was fully integrated then and it will be fully integrated again soon.
Yes, you keep saying that and the Kashmiris keep getting angrier. I am sure its is comforting to live in a world of delusions.

Pakistan has the blood of millions of Afghans and thousands of Kashmiris on its hands in it's irrational pursuit of being the inheritor of the invaders of India.
Nonsense. The Soviets have that blood on their hands, not Pakistan. If you wish to blame Pakistan for the post Soviet violence and chaos, then you also have to blame the Americans. Cherry picking history and concocting numbers to make fantastic claims does not make your arguments any more valid, it only illustrates how desperate you are to resort to such rhetorical tactics.
I am amazed that Pakistanis still have time to think of Kashmiris when so much is going on within.
Why not? People can multi-task, and at the moment the Kashmiris are physically expressing their disgust and anger with the Indian occupation and invaders, and therefore Pakistanis should do their bit to support them in that endeavor.

Commentators say many things, they are not seers - but what is true is the depravity of many Indians in cheering the occupation and oppression of people and the blatant violation of the promise to those people of self-determination. Puts the whole 'tolerant, secular India BS' in complete perspective doesn't it? Bigots, hate-mongers and people stuck in a time warp seeking to avenge the 'Muslim invader' from hundreds of years ago. :disagree:

Huh! Why was my post labeled as a trolling. Is that the new meaning for conflicting views? I was simply questioning the magnitude of elation felt by Pakistani members on a news article in NY times that led to creation of a separate thread for a topic for which countless threads already exist.

Huh! Why was my post labeled as a trolling. Is that the new meaning for conflicting views? I was simply questioning the magnitude of elation felt by Pakistani members on a news article in NY times that led to creation of a separate thread for a topic for which countless threads already exist.

Because much of it had nothing to do with Kashmir, and the rest of it was a rant based on imaginary comments, about the article, attributed to Pakistanis.

Finally NYT notices Kashmir. Indian delusions and the delusions it had successfully sold to the world are now quickly unraveling. Kashmiris want Azadi, nothing can stop them now.

As you all know, the latest Kashmir uprising news has made it to the front of the NYTimes: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/13/world/asia/13kashmir.html?hp

and you can count on Indians and Pakistanis and some Westerners in the 'Comments' section to promote their own ideas. For once, I am not going to Comment there. No point in 'point scoring' via the Recommendation route.

We can do a better job here, I guess!

One interesting point in the article is that Musharraf came close to having an agreement with India over some kind of shared-control in 2007. I think Musharraf was brave, large hearted and foresighted and I also think Manmohan Singh also responded by saying that 'borders can be made irrelevant'. Then came the change in govt. in Pakistan. Indian establishment was in 'wait' mode to see what would be the new policy of the new govt. after it settled down. But then came the Mumbai tragedy which left MMS with very little room to play. The same 'Kashmiri' group which made one of the attacks against Musharraf could be the one who benefited from Mumbai.

Let's discuss what Mush-MMS were about to implement and build on that. Zardari is called a 'traitor' by most of the parochial Pakistani blogspace and so his position could be even softer than Mush.

It seems the Pakistani establishment and some Pakistanis doesn't pay heed to what some of the Pakistani intellectuals have to say regarding Kashmir. Intellectuals like Irfan Hussain, Najam Sethi etc with their pragmatism have been saying that Pakistan has tried all different kinds of policies (like terrorism, wars, stoking separatism etc) for 60 years to get its hands on Kashmir but they have failed in all of them. In doing so, they have been losing their country to terrorism that its establishment has been supporting for decades in its back yard.

The only solution left for Pakistan or even kashmiri separatists (valley sunni muslims) is to accept status quo and move on. Because in the larger context, if they continue the same way, they are the biggest losers.

Finally NYT notices Kashmir. Indian delusions and the delusions it had successfully sold to the world are now quickly unraveling. Kashmiris want Azadi, nothing can stop them now.

Yes, India can stop and it's been doing this for 63 years.

It seems the Pakistani establishment and some Pakistanis doesn't pay heed to what some of the Pakistani intellectuals have to say regarding Kashmir. Intellectuals like Irfan Hussain, Najam Sethi etc with their pragmatism have been saying that Pakistan has tried all different kinds of policies (like terrorism, wars, stoking separatism etc) for 60 years to get its hands on Kashmir but they have failed in all of them. In doing so, they have been losing their country to terrorism that its establishment has been supporting for decades in its back yard.

The only solution left for Pakistan or even kashmiri separatists (valley sunni muslims) is to accept status quo and move on. Because in the larger context, if they continue the same way, they are the biggest losers.

The terrorism in Pakistan is primarily the result of the Afghan conflict, and the US invasion of Afghanistan, and not the Kashmir conflict.

And I fail to see how any Indian can morally and ethically not support the right to self-determination promised to Kashmiris by India herself.

The terrorism in Pakistan is primarily the result of the Afghan conflict, and the US invasion of Afghanistan, and not the Kashmir conflict.

And I fail to see how any Indian can morally and ethically not support the right to self-determination promised to Kashmiris by India herself.

Afghan conflict might be the primer but many of the previous terrorist organizations who worked in Kashmir are also now part of terrorism against Pakistan.

Not just India, even Pakistan is also part of this self-determination plebiscite. But due to intransigence from both sides didn't let this happen. Just blaming India is not fair.

The terrorists didnt start popping up because US attacked Afghanistan. They already existed but were just ignored and utilized by Pakistan in Kashmir and Afghanistan as a proxy. So while the attacks within Pakistan are a result of Musharraf agreeing to turn against the past allies i.e. Taliban, the terrorism was already existing within its borders in the form of these terrorists who were earlier only targeting Aghanistan and India and started targeting Pakistan after it decided to side with USA.

Metaphorically, Pakistan was already riding the tiger of terrorism, its just that post 9/11 Pakistan has been trying to get off but that's turning out to be a little difficult..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom