What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters

kmap1.jpg
kmap3.jpg

The above official Indian map shows the complete state of Jammu and Kashmir as part of India.

Since when did that became the official map of india?

Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir are under Pakistan's control. Aksai Chin is under China's control. Jammu, Kashmir Valley, and Ladak is under india's control.

it isnt that it's a ''non-story''

it just doesnt get the coverage since the world seems to think that LoC is a permanent border and that the dispute is either solved or on back-burner

no point in talking about de-militarization and nuclear disarmament and other such things as long as conflicts like these exist......

by the way, it is no secret that Pakistan nation did/does/will provide diplomatic and moral support to all Kashmiris --regardless of which side of the de-facto LoC

even Prime Minister would tell you this reality; why put all focus on Army/ISI/etc.

Well what you forgot to mention is that HIndu Kashmiri's aren't given any help, instead they re slaughtered like animals. So don't make it an issue for all Kashmiri's ....you guys have shown this is all abut Islam nothing more nothing less.

Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir are under Pakistan's control. Aksai Chin is under China's control. Jammu, Kashmir Valley, and Ladak is under india's control.

Its always been the official map of India, and it has a legal standing backed by the Instrument of Accesion.

Your map showing GB as Pakistan however has no legal standing with even your Govt acknowledging as AJK and not defacto part of Pakitsan. Pakistanis just like to believe Kashmir is theirs.

Its always been the official map of India, and it has a legal standing backed by the Instrument of Accesion.

Your map showing GB as Pakistan however has no legal standing with even your Govt acknowledging as AJK and not defacto part of Pakitsan. Pakistanis just like to believe Kashmir is theirs.

Utter Hypocrisy !!!!!!!!!!

India refused to recognize the accession of Junagadh to Pakistan and Hyderabad's independence, on the grounds that those two states had Hindu majorities (in fact, India occupied and forcibly integrated those two territories).

And by the way, why is it that to this day india never showed the documents signed by the hindu maharaja, who fled and left the Kashmiri people suffering under bharat rule.

Lame excuse. The whole of Kashmir region including Ladakh is a disputed territory and up for negotiation when the right time comes. A small population of Ladakh cannot override the wishes of a larger population of IOK and Azad Kashmir. J&K is historically a united state and its future will have to be decided on that basis.

Yeah right....Then all of pakistan is up for negotiation when the time is right

So what is the article trying to imply?

You cannot compare Afghanistan with Kashmir. Kashmir is disputed region, while no one disputes Afghanistan.

Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan are free as much as any other province, probably even more then Balochistan. People can move around easily, so what's the problem?

About Afghanistan, i love how they blame Pakistan, but majority of them or their loved ones spent safer lives as refugees in Pakistan. I wonder what would have happened had we brutally kicked them out or never let them in.

Humans are never satisfied i guess...

India refused to recognize the accession of Junagadh to Pakistan and Hyderabad's independence, on the grounds that those two states had Hindu majorities (in fact, India occupied and forcibly integrated those two territories).

And by the way, why is it that to this day india never showed the documents signed by the hindu maharaja, who fled and left the Kashmiri people suffering under bharat rule.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/989348-post1.html

Omar... this is the official map of India since 1947.... GB, P0K and Aksai Chin are under illegal foreign occupation... that is the official stance. As you consider the whole of current J&K as Kashmir... We claim Kashmir as the whole of GB, P0K, Indian Kashmir, Ladakh, Jammu & Aksai Chin.

Another thing I am not able to digest is why are our Pakistani members bothered about non-Muslims (majority of Ladakh and Jammu). Your country was formulated entirely based on Islam and how are you willing to associate yourself with the interests of Hindus and Buddhists exactly?

Kid,

Is Gilgit-Baltistan in India?
Is Indian Army, Civilian Government commanding the rule of law in Gilgit-Baltistan?
I doubt that.

It is semi-autonomous province of Pakistan now. People are living calmly there.
Gilgit-Baltistan just got a new Army formation plus a full Judicial High Court formation in under way just like any of other provinces in Pakistan.

Whether India claims it or not, wouldn't change the reality on ground.

I dont know how authentic this document is.

Well this hindu maharaja who ruled a Muslim majority land was regarded as a tyrant by most Kashmiris, and the Maharaja used brute force to suppress the population.

Anyways, Junagadh's king singned Instrument of Accession to Pakistan. Junagadh had a Muslim ruler and a hindu majority population, india occupied and forcibly integrated that territory.

So dont talk about Instrument of Accession hypocrites.

About Afghanistan, i love how they blame Pakistan, but majority of them or their loved ones spent safer lives as refugees in Pakistan. I wonder what would have happened had we brutally kicked them out or never let them in.

Huh! It is very indicative of many pakistanis who live in the West and constantly rail against US/UK and Europe 24/7 on this forum.. The vile is worst from the ones who are in UK.

This thread isn't about Junagadh or Hyderabad, if you got something to say about those say it on their threads I'll reply you there.

And by the way, why is it that to this day india never showed the documents signed by the hindu maharaja, who fled and left the Kashmiri people suffering under bharat rule

I'm not here to Baby-sit you and give you whatever you demand, you are litereate enough to use the net if you can spout out here, so if you havent got anything to say about the article, spare me.

IoA Kashmir-

433px-Kashmir-Accession-Document-a.jpg
[/IMG]

I dont know how authentic this document is.

That guy ( the kIng) is long dead so its hard for me to prove its authanticity.. so be content with what the world believes.

Instrument of Accession (Jammu and Kashmir) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well this hindu maharaja who ruled a Muslim majority land was regarded as a tyrant by most Kashmiris, and the Maharaja used brute force to suppress the population.

Was he also CRPF or BSF... :D

Just kidding..

Kid,

Is Gilgit-Baltistan in India?
Is Indian Army, Civilian Government commanding the rule of law in Gilgit-Baltistan?
I doubt that.

It is semi-autonomous province of Pakistan now. People are living calmly there.
Gilgit-Baltistan just got a new Army formation plus a full Judicial High Court formation in under way just like any of other provinces in Pakistan.

Whether India claims it or not, wouldn't change the reality on ground.

Sheer stupidity.

AJK is not a part of Pakistan according to the Pakistan government. It has its own constitution, President and all that.

And according to Indian constitution it is in India.

Get your facts right before you come and start spouting garbage here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom