What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I lol'd
A good reality check for the man, keep the Azadi BS to the Valley or Jantar Mantar in the company of Arundhati Roy and her kind, not the real India.

I lol'd
A good reality check for the man, keep the Azadi BS to the Valley or Jantar Mantar in the company of Arundhati Roy and her kind, not the real India.

Correction: Azad Kashmir's valley I mean it's named azad for a reason :lol:

I understand the grievance of Kashmiri Pundits, but this was not a wise thing to do. If Mirwaiz came to talk, we should listen him.

I understand the grievance of Kashmiri Pundits, but this was not a wise thing to do. If Mirwaiz came to talk, we should listen him.

People like him needed to be reminded after regular intervals of time...............what there freedom fighters did to the Kashmiris.

Driving the Kashmiri Pundits from their ancestral home :rolleyes:
I'm really sure the Pundits wanted to have a talk from a man who wants Kashmiris to live in the stoneage

Mirwaiz attacked in Chandigarh | Latest news, breaking news, world news, international news and current affairs

CHANDIGARH: Kashmiri leader and Chairman of The All Parties Hurriyat Conference (APHC) Mirwaiz Umar Farooq was manhandled by a pundit when he was talking to audience at a seminar in the Indian city of Chandigarh.

Indian media said Farooq was attacked by a Hindu pundit while he was delivering a speech.

The APHC chief was on an awareness campaign across India pertaining to the Kashmir issue and was addressing to a seminar on human rights issue.

Keep the thread clean.

RSS hooligans attack Mirwaiz in Chandigarh | Kashmir Media Service

Chandigarh, November 25 (KMS): The Chairman of All Parties Hurriyet Conference, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, was attacked by the hoodlums of the Hindu communal organisation, Rashtriya Swayam Sevak Sangh in Chandigarh, today, during a seminar on Kashmir and Pak-India relations.

The attackers barged onto the stage, where Mirwaiz Umar Farooq had just started his speech and snatched mike before him.

They subjected the APHC Chairman to physical assault.

It may be mentioned here that the hooligans of Hindu extremist organizations had earlier attacked veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, and senior APHC leader, Shabbir Ahmad Shah. APHC and other pro-freedom parties have strongly condemned the attack on Mirwaiz.

His protest may be heard by poor kashmiris , who are kept at gun point by so called feedom fighters...but outside kashmir no 1 will listen to him...but should not have been beaten...cozz everyone has a right to freedom of speech in india...hope the police take strict action against the guilty...Mirwaiz Umar Farooq is a moderate hurriyat leader but geelani deserved more...

Kashmiri Pandits manhandle Mirwaiz at seminar

Kashmiri Pandits manhandle Mirwaiz at seminar - Rediff.com India News

Hurriyat Conference leaders Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Bilal Lone were on Thursday manhandled allegedly by a group of Kashmiri Pandit activists who stormed a seminar being attended by them in Chandigarh.

Commotion broke out when the group barged into the seminar hall and dashed towards the dais where the separatist leaders were seated, eyewitnesses said.

During the pandemonium, some of the activists manhandled the two separatist leaders, they said, adding police immediately stepped in and cordoned off the dais.

The incident took place when the Mirwaiz started addressing a seminar on Kashmir [ Images ] and Indo-Pak relations.

His protest may be heard by poor kashmiris , who are kept at gun point by so called feedom fighters...but outside kashmir no 1 will listen to him...but should not have been beaten...cozz everyone has a right to freedom of speech in india...hope the police take strict action against the guilty...Mirwaiz Umar Farooq is a moderate hurriyat leader but geelani deserved more...

Looks like they were the citizens of the same Kashmir for whom he claims he is fighting for ;)

their was high security at the event
but the attack was so spontaneous and fast that no one could stop it
every1 pounced on him

b/w in first article its given 'indian' pandit
well thats a shame coz its 'kashmiri' pandits
now with support of hindu right wing groups to the pandits i dont think seperatists would be able to hold any seminar in rest of india
event is unfortunate though

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom