What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Finally Kashimri Pandits have taken the path which they should have taken from the beginning..I always argued with my kashmiri pandit room-mate that they were too humble..and somehow i always felt that we did not do enough to safeguard the rights of them..
Congrats to their new found aggression and wish them all the best..:tup:

Last edited:
In fact yesterday i watched a debate on HT and was horrified to find that the Anchor was attacking the Pandits for this .../

Last edited:
Finally Kashimri Pandits have taken the path which they should have taken from the beginning..I always argued with my kashmiri pandit room-mate that they were too humble..and somehow i always felt that we did not do enough to safeguard the rights of them..
Congrats to their new found aggression and wish them all the best..

Yes bro .......We (Indian state) failed miserably in protecting the lives of their families,loved ones and their property.There is no bigger agony than being forced to live from away your home and seeing the perperators going scot free and being continually appeased by the Government in the name of 'Peace' initiative.

And congrats from my side also and this reaction from the Pandits is a natural human phenomenon and nothing to be ashamed of.Infact they should be proud of that young man who expressed his pent up feelings and agony. :tup:

In fact yesterday i watched a debate on HT and was horrified to find that the Anchor was attacking the Pandits for this .../

What more can you expect from those shameless trash peddlers masquerading as a news channel huh ? :angry:

In fact they tried to kick Mirwaiz and ended up getting kicked on their backs... These Sardar's of Indian police are doing a very perfect job. The same thing that happened to him in IOK happened in Punjab also.;)

Police beating the attackers

Poor guys are always at the receiving end whether it is punjab or whether it is IOK.:D
Again you point at different branches of faith. Have you realized that this obsession with religion of yours and others is the very cause of your country's present situation?

Please man, stop it before it becomes your inner demon and starts destroying your society.

Not a wise thing to do. It'll only harm Kashmiri Pundits cause and will endanger any of them(if any) still living in Kashmir. If Mirwaiz wants to talk, let's engage with him more constructively. Punches and blows won't attain anything!

Talk, talk is so much better than war, war.

Thats what is being done for last two decades..that is whole 20 years..what is the outcome..??
Unless these Hurriyat people understand that their BS money making movement has ruined life of lakhs of people they will not stop..

Better humiliation for him was to boycott the conference with no media presence, with plenty of flowers & “get well soon” cards :smitten:. We are from the land of Gandhi not from land of Lakhvi. . Please behave accordingly.

Yes..we are from land of Subhash Chandra Bose and Gandhi..
Tried Gandhi-vaad for 20 years for nothing . Now its time to move on and follow NETAJI..

Isnt the thread title wrong ?? I think that the positions of India and pakistan have been inter-changed either by mistake or by choice. :)

Mirwaiz begins trip to inform Indians about Kashmir.....

Loks like Indians are in no mood to listen after seeing what happened in chandigarh :lol:

When is he coming to kolkata..?I might attend..

Mirwaiz is telling us about a state of our own? LOL! Come on seriously? Looks like he's from outside and not an Indian because we Indians, especially those who's relatives once lived in the state know exactly what happened.

He should be thankful that we are even letting him come and spread his drab.

When is he coming to kolkata..?I might attend..

Throw a shoe at his face from my side. I would have recommended a dagger or a grenade but that is taking laws in your hand. A shoe stuck with chewing gum and mud on its sole, straight on his face.

But we Informed Him what India is In a well Fashioned Manner... :lol:

Internal matter! No need for a foreign country to meddle in our internal affairs. We don't tell Pakistan how it should manage FATA or Balochistan.

Totally agree..We dont need lesson from others in our internal matters..

Throw a shoe at his face from my side. I would have recommended a dagger or a grenade but that is taking laws in your hand. A shoe stuck with chewing gum and mud on its sole, straight on his face.

hehehe..I can attend if i am free...not gonna take leave for him..

People didn't close shops, India imposed a curfew

Curfew imposed in parts of Srinagar - India - DNA

Curfew was imposed today in parts of the city to prevent protests and violence in the wake of yesterday's heckling of separatist leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq in Chandigarh and to thwart a rally called by hardline Hurriyat chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani after Friday prayers.

"Curfew has been imposed in Rainawari, Nowhatta, Khanyar, Safakadal and Maharajgunj police station areas of the old city," a police spokesperson said.

In rest of the city, Section 144 CrPC, which prohibits assembly of four or more persons at any public place, has been invoked, he said.

However, security forces were directed to treat identity cards of government employees and students as curfew passes to enable them to reach their work places and schools respectively, officials said.

The restrictions were imposed as a pre-emptive measure to foil a rally planned by Geelani at Eidgah in Safakadal area, where hundreds of youth killed in the past 20 years of turmoil are buried, they said.

Geelani had last week announced construction of a memorial wall for the over 100 persons killed during the recent unrest in the valley and had asked people to bring along a brick each for the purpose.

The curfew was also imposed in view of the yesterday's violent protest in parts of the old city including Nowhatta, Bohri Kadal, Rajouri Kadal and Kawdara against the heckling of Mirwaiz at a seminar in Chandigarh.

The authorities clamped down on violent protests after Friday prayers today in old city areas, which are considered to be the stronghold of the moderate Hurriyat chairman, the officials said.

The restrictions on the movement of the people prevented them from offering congregational prayers at Jamia masjid and other mosques and shrines in the old city.

Meanwhile, the curfew affected normal life in the city with skeletal transport services plying on the roads in the areas not under restrictions, they said.

Many private schools remained closed, while some asked the parents to drop their wards at school in order to avoid getting caught in any law and order problem, the officials said.

... Unhurt, undeterred, Mirwaiz spells out agenda

After the last of the protesters had been bundled out of the hall, Hurriyat Conference Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq addressed the gathering. He assured the audience that he was unhurt and such incidents could not deter him from visiting other parts of the country to explain the Kashmir problem to people. He said people with a different point of view should debate. “If you believe in democracy and justice, talks should be held,” he said.

Farooq called Kashmir a disputed territory. He outlined a four-point agenda for the government in order to ensure that conditions conducive to dialogue were created. “We want that the draconian acts like Armed Forces Special Powers Act be revoked; gradual demilitarisation of Kashmir be done; an independent commission be set up to tackle issues of human rights violations; the political prisoners be released,” he said.

Farooq said that there was a need to involve the people of J&K, India and Pakistan in talks in order to find a suitable solution to the problem. “This is the fourth generation of Kashmiris who are suffering from political instability. For dialogue to take place, there is a need to put an end to the violence in the Valley,” he said.

Country of Kashmir is under curfew for the last 63 years under occupation of bharat aka India.

Back
Top Bottom