What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Maashallah! May we see more news like this in the future. Thank you for sharing brother.

And what happened to the proud secular indian flag, hats off to the indian freedom of religious practices and the secular face, you guys never stop amazing me!

As for your problem with violence, well if no other country bans this practice, why should secular hindustan do that?

Or do you want that the disgusting practices that some hindus do should also be dealt with violently?!

You need to understand one thing, religious freedom entails free allowance of holy acts/practices unless the Constitution bans it. Or may be if the indian sensibilities are so shy, why dont you restrict them at some particular place, street, corner, ground, mosque etc so that the sensitive eyes of my fellow indians dont witness the 'gruesome' activities?

Wont that be more desirable, noble, acceptable and as par with the secular indian stature??

Do you even understand what is "law and order".
Any freedom is available only till it does not pose a threat to general peace.

Indian constitution, provide practice, profess and propogate any religion as a fundamental right. The fundamental right to congregate is subjected to clauses relating to law and order clauses.

If you do not know there are so many bans imposed on Hindu groups wanting to celebrate public functions, citing law and order reasons, in my state which has about 5% muslim population.

The Hindu : Hindu forum threatens to violate ban on rally
The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : “Steps to light Karthigai deepam will be taken”

A suicide bomber has targeted a large gathering of Shiite Muslims in the capital of Pakistan-controlled Kashmir, killing five people and wounding 80 during a rare sectarian attack in an area police said has little history of militant violence.

Muslim militants have fought for decades to free Kashmir, which is split between India and Pakistan and claimed by both, from New Delhi's rule.

But while Muzaffarabad has served as a base for anti-India insurgents to train and launch attacks, the capital - and most of the Pakistani side - has largely been spared any violence, as militants have focused their firepower across the frontier in the Indian-controlled portion, police officer Sardar Ilyas said.

The suicide bomber detonated his explosives as police tried to search him at a checkpoint outside a commemoration of the seventh century death of the Prophet Muhammad's grandson. The gathering attracted about 1,000 people, said police officer Tahir Qayum. The five killed included two police, he said.

Most of the 80 injured were Shiites participating in the tribute, held every year during the Islamic holy month of Muharram, said Ilyas. Ten of the wounded are in critical condition, he said. Minority Shiites in Pakistan are often targeted by radical Sunnis.

During another Shiite gathering in the southern port city of Karachi, an explosion wounded 30 people, but authorities determined the blast was caused by gas that had accumulated in a sewer line, said police chief Waseem Ahmad. Shiites later held a protest on the road and torched three vehicles, he said.

The bombing in Muzaffarabad highlights the growing extremism of militants in Pakistani Kashmir.

Many of the armed groups in the region were started with support from Islamabad. But some of them have turned against their former patrons and joined forces with the Taliban because the government has reduced its support under US pressure.

The partnership is a dangerous development for Pakistan because it could enable the Taliban to carry out attacks more easily outside its sanctuary in the country's tribal areas in the north-west. More than 500 people have been killed in retaliatory attacks since the military launched a major anti-Taliban offensive in mid-October in the militant stronghold of South Waziristan near the Afghan border.

The Press Association: Five killed in Pakistan bombing

Death toll from suicide blast rises to 15 in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir

At least 15 people, including mourners and policemen, were killed and over 100 injured when a suicide bomber ripped through a Muharram procession near an imambargah in the Pakistan-controlled Kashmir on Sunday evening, police said Monday.

In the regional capital of Muzaffarabad, a suicide bomber blew himself up when intercepted by security personnel guarding a Muharram procession. The procession was passing close to a police barricade in front of the imambargah on CMH Road when the bomber struck, the official news agency APP quoted a senior police officer as saying.

At least 15 of those injured are in critical condition, it said.

The gathering attracted about 1,000 people, said police officer Tahir Qayum. Those killed included two policemen, he said.

The report said that the bomber was trying to enter the imambargah. Panic ensued the blast, which flung a severed leg and other body parts across the ground outside the imambargah as the power went off, said witnesses.

"The bomber came in front of me. He was accompanying the procession. Police searched everybody on the gate and the bomber blew himself during the body search," said Atif Bashir, a medical storekeeper with a bandaged forehead.

"The blast was so loud as very near to my home," local resident Pir Meraj told Xinhua. "It is terrifying as blasts seldom happen here," Meraj said.

Security was put on high alert across Azad Jammu and Kashmir following the attack, and the army was called in to assist the civil administration in maintaining law and order. 

Death toll from suicide blast rises to 15 in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir_English_Xinhua

So Kashmir becoming part of India is highly unlikely, however a resolution such as the Chenab formula is likely.

The mind is a beautiful organ. For practitioners of western medicine, it is considered as the final frontier.

We have not even plumbed 10% of the depths in terms of neurological science, compared to other specialities, every day bringing new insights and advances.

Like the post above.

The power of imagination, the power of dreams, the infinite possibilities and unlikliest of scenarios the human mind can conjure up.

For example my mind as I type this is conjuring up this amazing scenario which I would like to share with you guys as my first offering of the last week on 2009 ..... and like the Chenab, its linked to a river too!

Its called the Indus formula.

Views, comments .....

Cheers, Doc

Kashmir issue can only be resolved by mutual agreements and not war . Pakistan should leave the option of capturing Kashmir by force ( they tried this option in past ) . This doesnt sounds viable .
My opinion on this is that both the parties should sit and work on some solution which agreed to all three parties .
But before this , there should be a environment of peace and trust . If incidents like 26/11 keep on happening then it may not be possible for india to come to the discussion table . One should take care of the Indian sentiment as well .
Kashmiri's(of the valley) should take note that the kashmir valley is a very small area in j&K and rest of the state would never like to be a part of pak or any independent state . So better find out a solution which is long lasting .

The mind is a beautiful organ. For practitioners of western medicine, it is considered as the final frontier.

We have not even plumbed 10% of the depths in terms of neurological science, compared to other specialities, every day bringing new insights and advances.

Like the post above.

The power of imagination, the power of dreams, the infinite possibilities and unlikliest of scenarios the human mind can conjure up.

For example my mind as I type this is conjuring up this amazing scenario which I would like to share with you guys as my first offering of the last week on 2009 ..... and like the Chenab, its linked to a river too!

Its called the Indus formula.

Views, comments .....

Cheers, Doc

:disagree:

Yeah ok whatever. Like that had anything to do with what I said. I really don't see what your trying to point out but you can keep fantasizing in Bollywood land that Kashmir wants to be apart of India anyhow. LOL.

India should take up it's responsibility as the 'worlds largest democracy' to actually put up a vote for Kashmiri's on who they would like to join. And we'll all see the results. :azn:

But sometimes, a solution can only be come up with actually about what made the problem.

So lets see why Kashmir 'belongs to India' and why Kashmir belongs to Pakistan...

361c15747596793a25186602ac4a129c.jpg

British Indian Empire in 1909. Religions highlighted. Hopefully it should help.

Indians please stop vining about 26/11. Stop terrorism in Pakistan first. Col. Prohit bombed the Samjotha Express first that killed 95 Pakistani Citizens and injured 200. All RAW funded terrorism from Afghanistan needs to countered and more 26/11 need to come to teach the Indians more lessons. 28% of Azad Kashmir was captured with force and that is the only language India understands.

Indians please stop vining about 26/11. Stop terrorism in Pakistan first. Col. Prohit bombed the Samjotha Express first that killed 95 Pakistani Citizens and injured 200. All RAW funded terrorism from Afghanistan needs to countered and more 26/11 need to come to teach the Indians more lessons. 28% of Azad Kashmir was captured with force and that is the only language India understands.
So , with this method we would never find a solution of Kashmir ! specially as per the peoples will .

You got to be kidding me dude India didn't occupy Kashmir but are trying kashmiri not to join Pakistan ahhahahah If people want to join then let them now you are occupied army as of your own artical 370. What do you call occupation? For heaven's sake you have half a million soilders in Kasmire and you call it not occupied. shame

Because the terrorist you send killed thousand of Hindus and make them flee to India from Jammu, just a Muslim practice where they kill non Muslims.
ever
Becasue half of million soilders are their to protect lives of people from PAK terrorist, who think their view is right kill those who have different views.

remember the Muslims girl, Ruksana who kill Pak Terrorist ;), all those their are on GUN POINT, becasue if they dont go their , they got killed, nothing more is option rather then say YES to safe their life.

Give us proof about Col prohit , like we given about LET and JEM founder , the whole world see on TV LeTand JeM Founder, Give us Dawood back which is in pak and how daughter married to your ex cricketers. which we have provided proof. Even UN also convienced about LeT and JeM and they are in PAK.

Its only Indian Political which prevented IA to launched attack on PAK like PAK did on India from last 20 years, when they allowed their will be mayhem in PAK , because IA will give Terrorism to Terrorism.

All you can Cry about Col. Prouhit and even you cry , what PAK given proof to India about him? not single paper. and better stop lying, till you dont have proof.

:disagree:

Yeah ok whatever. Like that had anything to do with what I said.

It has EVERYTHING to do with what you said. You proposed the Chenab formula as a workable solution.

On my part, since for India and all Indians, historically from the same vintage year, the whole of Pakistan itself is disputed territory, I proposed a softening of our stand in the form of the Indus formula ..... where you are allowed to keep the part west of the Indus .... that means Karachi stays with you, and by my geography, Lahore and Islamabad come to us.

Please let us know how you react to that solution .... to guage our response to your's.

I really don't see what your trying to point out but you can keep fantasizing in Bollywood land that Kashmir wants to be apart of India anyhow. LOL.

Let us not worry about what a section of Indians want or not ..... least of all what a pakistani feels they want or not.

Point is, what does India want ..... the WHOLE of India. That, and nothing less, is what is the only factor of prime importance to us. EVERYTHING else comes a distant second.

India should take up it's responsibility as the 'worlds largest democracy'

India takes the sentiments of newly "democratic" pakistan under advisement. India takes its democratic secular nature very seriously. We do not see Kashmir as a majority state of any particular religion ..... we see kashmir as we see any other Indian state ..... populated by Indians. And we have popularly elected people's representatives running things satisfactorily in kashmir per the Kashmiri people's choice, under the umbrella of the Indian Democratic Republic, per the Indian citizen's choice.

But sometimes, a solution can only be come up with actually about what made the problem.

True .... 1947.
1) The creation of Pakistan.
2) The invasion and illegal capture of a chunk of Kashmir, officially ceded to the Indian Democratic Republic.

Now that we have dealt with what actually "made the problem", what do you propose we (Indians and Pakistanis) do about it?

So lets see why Kashmir 'belongs to India' and why Kashmir belongs to Pakistan...

Why bother with 1909, when we have something from a little further back (265 BCE), since we are trying to establish historical perspectives and precedence here ....

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
"On my part, since for India and all Indians, historically from the same vintage year, the whole of Pakistan itself is disputed territory, I proposed a softening of our stand in the form of the Indus formula ..... where you are allowed to keep the part west of the Indus .... that means Karachi stays with you, and by my geography, Lahore and Islamabad come to us."

Funny stuff, doc. You'll have these guys forgetting all about Ralph Peters' redrawing the map of the middle east.:agree:

Thanks.:usflag:

Well S-2, I must admit I did not know what or who you were talking about ..... but coming from you, I just had to chek .... good ol Google and Wiki to the rescue!

Isn't he saying much what I have alluded to in previous posts of mine .... except of course his nonsensical views on the treatment of Kashmir?

I am just miffed that my ideas, though completely mine, are not as original in content or origin as I would have liked to think .....

Though on the flip side, it also means that I am not totally delusional as some here would have me believe .....

Can you invite this guy here ..... should be interesting.

9275be5ff65cc49a18af7fc1fa3978a6.jpg

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom