What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
To Jinxed_Girl

I have managed an outsourcing team of technical support and they did such an outstanding job, that the company extended their operations of two more departments to our company here. Do you know the overall satisfaction level of overseas customers who are treated by employees here in India? If not, simply check the amount of business the outsourcing industry generates and also its rate of growth.

What is the limit of outsourcing and is good for western job market?

White males and Middle Eastern females are the most desirable, and Indian Males and Black females are least desirable. But I don't want to stir a hornet nest here.. lol! :D

Unfortunately Pakistan is not in middle east but in Indian subcontinant, last time when I checked:lol:..........so, u being a Pakistani, my sympathy for you.:rolleyes:

As far as I am concerned, Skin color doesn't matter, but well defined facial features does. I have seen lots of people who are dark and attractive. lol!

Well, in that case, you must not discredit Indians as ugly.

Actually I was going to start another thread about a study done by Harvard Graduates on Online Dating websites.. and according to the results, White males and Middle Eastern females are the most desirable, and Indian Males and Black females are least desirable. But I don't want to stir a hornet nest here.. lol! :D

May be, but it should not be the basis of disliking or making Indians appear inferior, isn't it?

BTW, this study cannot be the reflection of the entire world. I know many foreigners who have married "dark and ugly" Indians. Because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Unfortunately Pakistan is not in middle east but in Indian subcontinant, last time when I checked:lol:..........so, u being a Pakistani, my sympathy for you.:rolleyes:

That still doesn't make "Indian females" as the LEAST desirable. Ironically, many americans consider Pakistan as part of middle-east. And the G-8 definition of Greater Middle East includes Pakistan as middle eastern country.

Greater Middle East - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan doesn't lie entirely on Indian plate... geographically most of it is part of Iranian plateau or Eurasian plate.. lol! :rofl:

Anywayz, whether you consider Pakistani girlz as middle eastern or indian.. they are not the LEAST desirable.. ;)

@ Valiant_Soul

Buddy, you don't have to be defensive here. Beauty is quite subjective. The girl has an opinion and this is not something you can change by arguing.

What is the limit of outsourcing and is good for western job market?

Outsourcing is good as long as there is great difference between the currency values of the two countries and the amount of salary to be paid. That way, the company is able to provide cheaper service to its customer while maintaining the same quality of service.

When companies outsource, they save on huge amount of money, hence they can create more business and hence in the long-term they would be able to produce more jobs for the home crowd. Remember that companies cannot outsource many of its critical operations - they will always remain with the native citizens.

@ Valiant_Soul

Buddy, you don't have to be defensive here. Beauty is quite subjective. The girl has an opinion and this is not something you can change by arguing.

I am not trying to change her opinion about what she considers beautiful or not. I am trying to change her opinion that this should not be the basis of disliking Indians or consider them inferior, so much so that it is even hard to call them "brothers". :)

Anywayz, here are the results :-

Online Dating Mysteries Revealed (Even the Politically Incorrect Ones)

Want to get an online date? Keep your messages short.

For men, whites are the most likely to get a response online; Indians the least likely. Among women, Middle Easterners garner the most responses; black women the fewest

Those are among the not-always-politically-correct findings unearthed by the statisticians at OkCupid, a free online dating site started by a group of Harvard graduates armed with math degrees.

The 5-year-old site boasts 1 million active users -- comparable to Match.com and eHarmony, two services that require paid subscriptions. Like Match.com, OkCupid users can look at any profile they want -- something eHarmony doesn't allow subscribers to do. Like eHarmony, OkCupid's workhorse is a statistical algorithm driven by how users respond to a range of personal, political and religious questions. But unlike eHarmony, which bases questions on the founders' research, OkCupid takes the participatory approach adopted by YouTube and other Web 2.0 sites. Almost all of the questions are submitted by other users, who wind up answering an average of 233 of them.

OkCupid also takes an extra step the other sites don't: sharing information about users' online dating behavior. Earlier this year, the site created a blog to post research, drawing on data from the site, a la Google. Here's a sampling of what the numbers show so far.

Keep Messages Short

The average guy on OkCupid gets one response for about every five messages he sends to different women. Factor in the effort it takes to tailor a message to a specific profile, and brevity is more efficient in landing a date. OkCupid's research suggests that the optimal message length for a guy is 200 characters, or roughly one minute of typing.

For women, it doesn't matter. They get a 40 percent response rate no matter how much they type. Why? The company believes that guys -- not surprisingly -- put much more emphasis on a woman's picture. A woman doesn't need to worry as much about what she says, just that she gets on her potential date's radar. So why waste time? OkCupid recommends women write even shorter messages of about 50 characters when initiating contact.

Interestingly, when looking at same-sex contacts, women-to-women messaging patterns resemble men-to-women behavior, while men-to-men patterns are more consistent with women-to-men message behavior.

Not All E-mail Is Equal

OkCupid analyzed about 500,000 first-contact messages and found these to be among the best strategies for getting a response:

-- Be specific. Mention something in the profile of the person being contacted

-- Avoid net-speak like "ur," "r u," "B4," etc.

-- Don't compliment physical characteristics.

-- Act modest, especially men.
Your Race Matters

The numbers also show that attraction isn't color-blind. To wit:

-- Among males, white guys get the most frequent responses (29 percent of the time) and are least likely to respond (40 percent).

-- Indian men have the worst luck, getting responses only 20 percent of the time.

-- Among females, black women are the most likely to write back to a guy (34 percent) but the least likely to get a response if they initiate contact (34 percent).

-- Middle Eastern women get responses almost half the time, the most of any ethnicity. And even though white guys are pickiest about whom they write back to, they're most likely to respond to Middle Eastern women (47 percent of the time versus an overall response rate of 40 percent).

-- Pretty much across the board, whites are viewed as the most attractive group. This is how different ethnicities answered the following question: "Not to be racist but which ethnicity do you find to be most attractive?"

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/1257977242554.gif/

Your Religion (or Lack Thereof) Matters, Too

Using the word "atheist" actually improves the chances of getting a response; invoking "god" leads to worse-than-average response rates.

-- Agnostics, atheists and Jews of both sexes have the highest match percentages across the site, i.e., they're most likely to find someone they're compatible with. Muslim men and women and Hindu men are the least compatible groups. Christians are in the middle of the pack.

-- Jewish men are more compatible than Muslim men with Muslim women.

Some Other Interesting Results

Europeans are more open than Americans to acting out a rape fantasy with a partner. Within the U.S., Wyoming (of all places) and Nevada are the kinkiest states.

-- West-coasters enjoy casual sex most; Midwesterners the least.

-- People living in warmer states report higher levels of self-confidence.

-- Zodiac signs have no bearing on compatibility.

That still doesn't make "Indian females" as the LEAST desirable. Ironically, many americans consider Pakistan as part of middle-east. And the G-8 definition of Greater Middle East includes Pakistan as middle eastern country.

Greater Middle East - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan doesn't lie entirely on Indian plate... geographically most of it is part of Iranian plateau or Eurasian plate.. lol! :rofl:

Anywayz, whether you consider Pakistani girlz as middle eastern or indian.. they are not the LEAST desirable.. ;)

Another Arab wannabe eh? Sorry to break you're heart, but you're a desi from the Indian subcontinent, just like every other Pakistani and Indian in the World. And most americans are ignorant when it comes to the World, so it's not exactly a good idea to take what they assume as fact.

Although I will agree, Pakistani girls are a lot hotter than Indian girls. But that's just my opinion, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, is it not?

Another Arab wannabe eh? Sorry to break you're heart, but you're a desi from the Indian subcontinent, just like every other Pakistani and Indian in the World. And most americans are ignorant when it comes to the World, so it's not exactly a good idea to take what they assume as fact.

Although I will agree, Pakistani girls are a lot hotter than Indian girls. But that's just my opinion, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, is it not?

It is not about being "Arab wanna be". 40% Pakistanis are NOT Indic... but of Iranic descent. Proof it wrong lol!

Ironically, many americans consider Pakistan as part of middle-east. And the G-8 definition of Greater Middle East includes Pakistan as middle eastern country.

Neither 'many americans' nor G8 consider is not necessarly the truth or fact; moreover, since the so called study was about middle east, no need to bend the reality by dragging in greater middle east here. Find any scientific article regarding geography and look up to see where Middle east is. sorry to bust ur bubble again.

That still doesn't make "Indian females" as the LEAST desirable.
Now, according to ur so called study, u r as good as an Indian female, which u dissed as less attractive on of your first ever posts in this forum. seems like your words are starting to biting you back after all. enjoy.

Many in west take Pashtun and Afghans as Italians. Its true

I am not trying to change her opinion about what she considers beautiful or not. I am trying to change her opinion that this should not be the basis of disliking Indians or consider them inferior, so much so that it is even hard to call them "brothers". :)

Ha ha go through some of her posts. You will start ignoring her and about considering Indians as inferiors, who cares :D. Don't give importance. I would rather be interested in achievements than physical beauty. Our "beautiful neighbours" haven't achieved anything that we ugly looking Indians haven't. Take any field. The ugly bengalis or south Indians have achieved much more than them. Ask them how many Nobel Laureates, great scientists do they have. Even in fields where beauty is somewhat needed like in cinema we are way ahead. We produce films, they watch our films, period.

Back
Top Bottom