What's new

Kashmir no excuse for Pakistan's terrorist ties: US senator

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDIAN SOLDIER

Reaction score

WASHINGTON, Former US Republican presidential candidate John McCain has said the Kashmir dispute was not an excuse for Pakistan to not break ties with the Haqqani network, held responsible for recent coordinated attacks across Afghanistan

"Pakistan should not take refuge behind Kashmir conflict for not taking action against terrorist groups that operate almost openly in Pakistan," he said speaking on the "Future of Afghanistan" at Carnegie Institute, a Washington think tank.

"I have sympathy for Pakistani military leadership, but disappointed at ISI's continued cooperation with Haqqanis," McCain said calling Pakistani spy agency Inter-Service Intelligence's close relationship with the Haqqani network as "reprehensible."

It remained a "source of never-ending frustration" that the ISI had a continuous relationship with the Haqqani network, when Pakistan army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani is responsible for appointing the head of the ISI.

In response to a question on Kayani's recent statement on India, the US senator said that while he appreciated it, the fact remains that the Pakistan Army's best troops and equipment were on the border with India, and not Afghanistan.

McCain also criticised the Obama administration's policy on reconciliation with the Taliban and its "fixation" on a 2014 deadline to withdraw all combat troops from Afghanistan. The Taliban has no incentive to make peace as long as they think that the US is leaving Afghanistan, he said suggesting the US should have a strategic partnership with Afghanistan.

It would "demonstrate to Pakistan that continued support for the Taliban will leave them more isolated and less secure," he said.

Kashmir no excuse for Pakistan's terrorist ties: US senator - The Times of India

@ Mods: Its not a Kashmir related thread, so kindly don't delete it!

Hope the Pakistani government :pakistan: comes to its senses and does something about this. These very terrorists are tearing up Pakistan from the insides like a cancer.

Took them long enough to figure this out, no wait since PAK has outlived their utility & IND seems to be an ever growing market they just realized where they should put their rotten eggs :sick:

Says the country which funds terrorists abroad to bring "democracy" to them. Please give me a break ...

you all know where this thread will go?
for a start those people are fightong for freedom against a uniformed inxian army and by definition cannot be called terrorists.
the american senatpr needs education.

9/11 was also no excuse to kill 1 million people around the world.

Actually its Kashmiris who have suffered most due to terror originating in Pakistan.

A few days ago a pakistani leader a difa e pakistan rally was boasting how he sent thousands (i think 5000) pakistanis to kashmir to die. Also kashmiris (not punjabis) from neelum valley in pakistan administered kashmir were protesting against punjabi non state actors using their area to launch attacks against india (because they get caught in the cross fire).

Pakistan should stop finding excuses for their misplced ideas of ghairat and valour and shahadat. Lots of countries have land disputes with their neighbor, there is no reason to shout solgans till you go crazy and then do something silly.

9/11 was also no excuse to kill 1 million people around the world.

you all know where this thread will go?
for a start those people are fightong for freedom against a uniformed inxian army and by definition cannot be called terrorists.
the american senatpr needs education.

That applies to Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka, yet you guys :pakistan: helped the Sri Lankans hunt them down and kill them. Terrorists when it suits your purpose to get closer to Sri Lanka, but freedom fighters when it comes to protecting your interests in Kashmir eh? :flame::flame:

Cut the hypocrisy mate, its so obvious :suicide2::suicide2::suicide2:

I think it's time we implement Khyber solution, Leave India alone for now and focus on the real enemies. It will only be good for the whole of Asia.

Better than the country :pakistan: which funds radical Islamic ideology abroad and turns entire nations into medieval 14th century hellholes :coffee:

If you are referring to Afghanistan then please open a history book for goodness sake. The mess in Afghanistan began after the Soviet invasion (one that India supported). Sure Pakistan supported the Taliban but then again how is opressive Taliban rule any worse than oppressive Contra rule? Just because one is "Islamic" it automatically becomes even worse? I know that is the mentality of people like you. Open your eyes and you'l see America, India and pretty much every country with a a capable secret service has supported rebels/insurgents (terrorists depending on your pov). Hence i stick with my first statement

"Says the country which funds terrorists abroad to bring "democracy" to them."

You are in no morally superior position to call us bad when you do the same things yourself. That is pure hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom