What's new

Kaveri Engine Project update

Seniors,

1)When we can expect the final outcome , when kaveri will be used in LCA.Hope someone will tell.Do want trollers reply.

Seniors,

1)When we can expect the final outcome , when kaveri will be used in LCA.Hope someone will tell.Do want trollers reply.

no dates are released officially so got to wait till somethings comes out from MOD or IAF:coffee:

^^ Why does its air intake look awkwardly small?

if you look closely the engine envelope is very thick , that's making to look that the air intake is very small...the engine envelope could be holding a lot of flight testing sensors ....

Seniors,

Atleast 10 more years of testing and refinement is required..

About 50 in-flight tests have been scheduled for the next few months to confirm the engine's characteristics and reliability.
"After that, the engine will be tested on the Tejas fighter," the statement said.

Russia tests engine for Indian fighter jet | Defense | RIA Novosti

the engine had undergone intense ground testing , high altitude stimulus testing and now in-flight testing...

the only dark area is the actual thrust of the engine , IAF will never going agree to fly a underpower LCA..

the engine had undergone intense ground testing , high altitude stimulus testing and now in-flight testing...

the only dark area is the actual thrust of the engine , IAF will never going agree to fly a underpower LCA..

Yes, several reports about sucsessful tests, but no clear statement about the thrust. :confused:

The IL is taking off and using the 3 for take-off. You will see black smoke then, I don't care which manufacturer you are.

The Kaveri is engine is on, but is not participating in the take off.

India Conducts Maiden Flight Test of Kaveri Engine - Air Force Technology

The Indian Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully flight tested an indigenously designed and developed Kaveri engine, developed for use on fighter aircraft.

The engine was tested during the flying test bed (FTB) trials at Gromov Flight Research Institute (GFRI), in Moscow, Russia.

The Kaveri engine replaced one of the four engines of a IL-76 aircraft, which was modified as a FTB for the trial.

The modifications on the IL-76 aircraft included instrumentation required for trials as well as integration of mechanical, electrical and fuel system.

During the maiden flight, the engine was tested from take-off to landing and flew for a period of over one hour up to at an altitude of 6,000m at a speed of Mach 0.6.

In the next few months, additional 50-60 test flights will be carried out on the engine to test its reliability, safety and airworthiness, in preparation for further flight trials with a fighter aircraft.

next it will tested in su 30 mki not a single engine LCA

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

next it will be tested in su 30 mki not a single engine LCA

next it will tested in su 30 mki not a single engine LCA

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

next it will be tested in su 30 mki not a single engine LCA

Sorry to say "WHO SAY THIS" the stupid statement...

GTRE Director chants Gayatri Mantra during Kaveri's maiden flight!

Scientists are superstitious. Especially when the going gets tough, you need all the luck under the Sun to hit the Bulls Eye. This piece brings to you some dressing room stories, when DRDO’s Kaveri engine spat fire creating history in Russia.
Kaveri fitted on to IL-76 – the modified Flying Test Bed (FTB) – had its successful maiden flight at Gromov Flight Research Institute (GFRI) on November 3, 2010. For over a decade or so, GTRE scientists faced a lot of criticism from the government agencies, Services, defense watchdogs, media and self-styled engine experts, for not delivering what was promised.
The Kaveri engine thus became a joke and GRTE soon became a forgotten lab. And, India’s super-pride plane program – LCA – too moved ahead with a paradesi heart. “Yes, we had to face many challenges. While the world was laughing at us, we were putting that extra mile to make the engine fly. We admit the delays, but it’s unfair to forget our struggle and not to recognize our achievement,” says Mohan Rao, Director, GTRE.
At the just-concluded Aviation Conclave 2010 in Hyderabad DRDO Chief Dr V.K. Saraswat said that DRDO branding will happen only with excellence. And, he ensured to pat Mohan and his boys at every opportunity he got during the conclave. While history was created, Mohan was tensed and was in the company of his colleagues waiting anxiously at GFRI.
“This was the moment of my life. I prayed to God. I have done everything. My team has done. Now, the flight is about to take-off. I chanted the Gayatri Mantra. I was continuously chanting the mantra. I shouted… Take-off, take-off… The Russian friends screamed Athleshna (excellent),” Mohan Rao, said.
Many mails came to Tarmak007 asking why the DRDO failed to celebrate Kaveri’s maiden flight, the way it ought to have. A point there, considering what the DRDO and GTRE had to undergo over Kaveri.One definitely needs to salute the spirit of GTRE scientists, who toiled hard to make Kaveri fly.
May be, the need of the hour is more Gayatri mantras for the road ahead!

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Science & spirituality: GTRE Director chants Gayatri Mantra during Kaveri's maiden flight!

aa.jpg

aa1.jpg

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom