What's new

Kayani slaps the Pentagon, refuses to meet Peter Lavoy

we all know who is the kid now.....Its not Pakistan that much i am sure who gave a childish silent treatment to the leader of a state?

We should never have gone in the first place. We gave him the perfect opportunity to give us that "silent treatment".

finally kayani has grown some backbone..
If Kayani don't have his backbone now then when he gonna get it....offcoarse he gotta show something now to stand on ground.....for his/Pakistan's rights cuz we getting humiliated/beatenup all the times by the Grand Daddy US........:smokin:

US pulls negotiators from Pakistan, no supply deal

WASHINGTON: The United States is withdrawing its team of negotiators from Pakistan without securing a long-sought deal with Islamabad to allow trucks to again supply NATO troops in neighboring Afghanistan, the Pentagon said on Monday.
“I believe that some of the team left over the weekend and the remainder of the team will leave shortly,” George Little, a Pentagon spokesman, told reporters. “This was a US decision.”
Earlier on Friday, US assistant defence secretary Peter Lavoy had arrived in Islamabad in a fresh attempt to bring an end to a six-month blockade on NATO supplies crossing into Afghanistan.
Analysts believed there was little chance of a breakthrough during Lavoy’s trip.

US pulls negotiators from Pakistan, no supply deal – The Express Tribune

Kayani did the right thing - Panetta has been acting like an a$$hole..I think he dropped the diplomatic language long time ago.Also Lt Gen Zaheer-ul-Islam did the right thing by cancelling his US visit.

This is a very small step more needs to be done first of all why US officials are flying in Pakistan & are having meetings with whom ever they want?? They should not be allowed to meet any politicians & they should also not be allowed to meet any Army officials as well.
We all know who are the main source of threat to Pakistan, Pak Army & Pak Intelligence know that it is US who are spreading terror & chaos from US Embassy & US Consulates so they need to be shut down & US Embassy should be limited to Embassies original work only, nothing more than that.
They have CIA officials, US Army officials, Black Ops, Black Water etc in the US Embassy, what are they there for of course they are not here for Christmas party they are here to harm & destroy Pakistan. Lot needs to be done Pakistan needs to cut it self off from US because it is because of US Pakistan is deteriorating & things are getting worse for Pakistan.

No more US.

we all know who is the kid now.....Its not Pakistan that much i am sure who gave a childish silent treatment to the leader of a state?

Zardari-Obama-Karzai-2012_Chicago_SM.jpg

When I look at this pic the only thing that comes in my mind is Obama telling Zardari what the F*** are you standing here for, go & do your f****** job that I hired you for.

Karzai & his back stabbing traitor country is already working for US 100% but Pak Army, Pak Intelligence & people of Pakistan continue to resist & kick US on the nuts. The only thing we need here is full 100% honest leadership working only for Pakistan & Pakistan only.

instead of slap -- just say ''symbolic gesture'' or something. Dont make it so emotional and full of desi masala.

this is probably in response to American delegation refusal to visit Pakistan during recent South Asian trip. That's just diplomacy and how it works.

Furthermore, Gen. Kayani (and all self-respecting Pakistanis) expect that the US will do the right thing and apologize formally to Pakistan for recklessly killing 24 of his men, who are simply doing their assigned duties @ Salala checkpost.

It's funny but i have seen videos put up by Pakistanis and Indians on youtube with titles like Pakistan slaps , India punches , Pakistan kicks , India blah blah blah ...

People need to be a little more mature and subtle.

hahaha man this is called masala lagana

Kayani did the right thing - Panetta has been acting like an a$$hole..I think he dropped the diplomatic language long time ago.Also Lt Gen Zaheer-ul-Islam did the right thing by cancelling his US visit.

The thing is that as a nation we arent against any particular country,not even against USA.
But if they want to treat a whole country like slaves,so be it..

instead of slap -- just say ''symbolic gesture'' or something. Dont make it so emotional and full of desi masala.

this is probably in response to American delegation refusal to visit Pakistan during recent South Asian trip. That's just diplomacy and how it works.

Furthermore, Gen. Kayani (and all self-respecting Pakistanis) expect that the US will do the right thing and apologize formally to Pakistan for recklessly killing 24 of his men, who are simply doing their assigned duties @ Salala checkpost.

I dont think an apology is going to work anymore..
Pak-USA relations have reached a point of no return.

It's funny but i have seen videos put up by Pakistanis and Indians on youtube with titles like Pakistan slaps , India punches , Pakistan kicks , India blah blah blah ...

People need to be a little more mature and subtle.

because we are overly-emotional and sometimes immature

i agree, it can get very silly.....especially the comments sections

I dont think an apology is going to work anymore..
Pak-USA relations have reached a point of no return.

doesnt have to be that way.....but yes, the way things are HEADED -- certainly not in a friendly direction

lets just be frank and both acknowledge that we have converging and diverging national interests -particularly in the region. Pakistan has no expansionist or global agenda. Ours is a peaceful country with weak leadership in a difficult neighbourhood.

Panetta still has his pride and ego injured after the former DG-ISI banged his fist on his table and gave him a good, fitting ''jawab'' (post May 2)

Panetta earlier on as head of CIA wasnt such a headache but now he's become a huge irritant in military/civilian relations of both countries.

and he needs to staple his mouth shut because his attitude and his words (which he mutters while he's in delhi) will not win him any cooperation from Islamabad - that's for sure.

because we are overly-emotional and sometimes immature

i agree, it can get very silly.....especially the comments sections

doesnt have to be that way.....but yes, the way things are HEADED -- certainly not in a friendly direction

lets just be frank and both acknowledge that we have converging and diverging national interests -particularly in the region. Pakistan has no expansionist or global agenda. Ours is a peaceful country with weak leadership in a difficult neighbourhood.

We have to read the writing on the wall over the last 60 years.
Pakistan has lost too much in this marriage of conveniance with USA.
It has to end now.....
Beleive it or not but Pakistan wont lose anything if total diconnection of ties with USA happens...

in diplomatic ties?

it wont be good for our economy. Remember that they are one of our export markets.

if things were to get from bad to rock bottom - a cut in ties doesnt seem unreasonable. But for now, i think both sides can at least mend some of the differences if there is some pragmatism on both sides.

fact of the matter is, Pakistan has been getting consistently screwed over and they have tested Pakistan's patience....

if the ''aid'' money (which is all they ever focus on) had visual results in Pakistan, if the ''war on terrorism'' would not be so destabilizing for Pakistan, and if Washington would work with the people of Pakistan rather than just with corrupt elitists behind closed doors -- the sentiment would be different

it's an ironic thing.....some people abuse America, but then are happy and rejoice when we induct new F16s

in diplomatic ties?

it wont be good for our economy. Remember that they are one of our export markets.

if things were to get from bad to rock bottom - a cut in ties doesnt seem unreasonable. But for now, i think both sides can at least mend some of the differences if there is some pragmatism on both sides.

fact of the matter is, Pakistan has been getting consistently screwed over and they have tested Pakistan's patience....

if the ''aid'' money (which is all they ever focus on) had visual results in Pakistan, if the ''war on terrorism'' would not be so destabilizing for Pakistan, and if Washington would work with the people of Pakistan rather than just with corrupt elitists behind closed doors -- the sentiment would be different

it's an ironic thing.....some people abuse America, but then are happy and rejoice when we induct new F16s

Pakistan has a very large and reliable domestic consumer market.The things we export can be sold locally....In fact that will be good for economy as prices will come down and people will get better goods for their money.....Pakistan exports less than what Pakistan Imports...With loss of export Pakistan will also save money on reduced imports...USA is a big export Market for Pakistanl,likewise Paksitan is a big export market for them..So i stick by what i said without being emotional but on facts that Pakistan wont lose anything even if US-Pak relations are completely cut off.

and you forget to mention the price Pakistan paid for F-16s,it wasnt gifted to Pakistan....and the Breach of contract they do...such as giving wheat to Pakistan for the money Paksitan paid for F-16s..It has happened.

Pakistan has a very large and reliable domestic consumer market.The things we export can be sold locally....In fact that will be good for economy as prices will come down and people will get better goods for their money.....Pakistan exports less than what Pakistan Imports...With loss of export Pakistan will also save money on reduced imports...USA is a big export Market for Pakistanl,likewise Paksitan is a big export market for them..So i stick by what i said without being emotional but on facts that Pakistan wont lose anything even if US-Pak relations are completely cut off.

Pakistan's domestic consumption is what is helping (among other things) to keep our economy afloat at present despite the load-shedding, investment flight, etc.

So yes, i do agree with you there. USA can find other ways to screw us over.

but at the end of the day, a unified and economically/militarily strong and responsible Pakistan with bold leadership will be UNSTOPPABLE and a force to reckon with.

will Pakistanis stop electing crooks when they vote? Will more actually register to vote and PARTICIPATE? Or we'll just burn tires and shout slogans?

and you forget to mention the price Pakistan paid for F-16s,it wasnt gifted to Pakistan....and the Breach of contract they do...such as giving wheat to Pakistan for the money Paksitan paid for F-16s..It has happened.

and then Panetta was talking about ''price gauging'' :laugh:

what we got was a good gauging of our own.....but then again if you look on the broader scheme of things -- they did warn us about Pressler Amendment.

we opted for the bomb (a decision i support)

embargo F16s was the cost.....but it was a stupid way to ''punish'' Pakistan and this is an issue of contention we've often brought up to them. Whether they are willing to remove the ear wax from their ears and understand our concerns -- that is yet to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom