What's new

Kayani wants India’s Afghan mission closed

Not sure about all these counsulate stuff but all that cash-shower on Afghanistan is sure one heck of a way to blow 1.2 b$ for a third-world India on a dysfuntional Afghanistan.

Seriously ... like there are not other dysfunctional things more closer home to spend on. India should have seen the writing on the wall long back - northern afghanistan is the only place worth wasting money on.

Not sure about all these counsulate stuff but all that cash-shower on Afghanistan is sure one heck of a way to blow 1.2 b$ for a third-world India on a dysfuntional Afghanistan.

Seriously ... like there are not other dysfunctional things more closer home to spend on. India should have seen the writing on the wall long back - northern afghanistan is the only place worth wasting money on.

Of course, you have a point there but then it becomes invalidated by certain factors.

India for one is not a solitary country on a solitary planet. We are surrounded by many countries, some of which apparently are hostile. Then there are geo-political and geo-strategic interests which ultimately affect the common man in India. Hence it becomes imperative for any nation to take care of her interests in the region and the world we live in.

Apart from our own interests, humanitarian aid also helps develop good relations with other countries.

$ 1.2B over a period of time is actually peanuts compared to what the GoI pumps into our own development projects.

More Pashtun than the entire population of Afghanistan live in Pakistan and are well integrated into every section of society and government, the only reasonable case for 'unification of the Pashtun' ends up with the larger population integrating the smaller, and under that rationale it is Afghanistan that becomes part of Pakistan.

I just wanted to write that this statement seems ironic. Could it also not be said that more Muslims than the entire population of Pakistan live in India (and integrated as well: actors, musicians, cricket players, politicians, members of the defense industry, etc) . . . the only reasonable case for unification . . . is Pakistan that becomes part of India.

I know that no one is bringing up re-unification. It will never happen. I just wanted to point out the ill-logic here. (And I'm not suggesting that you believe that Af should be part of Pak either . . . this was just an ironic statement that I wanted to address) This is not a personal attack, I again am only pointing out something that I found amusing.

:pdf:

I just wanted to write that this statement seems ironic. Could it also not be said that more Muslims than the entire population of Pakistan live in India (and integrated as well: actors, musicians, cricket players, politicians, members of the defense industry, etc) . . . the only reasonable case for unification . . . is Pakistan that becomes part of India.

I know that no one is bringing up re-unification. It will never happen. I just wanted to point out the ill-logic here. (And I'm not suggesting that you believe that Af should be part of Pak either . . . this was just an ironic statement that I wanted to address) This is not a personal attack, I again am only pointing out smething that I found amusing.

:pdf:
Well said
:cheers:

Hindu religion was emerged from Judaisim ,Hinud and Yahud are same blood line.

Anyhow well come back from Ban;)

Is this what you really believe, or are you making a joke?

1. If Judaism and Hindu are same bloodline, then Hindu and Muslim are same bloodline as well, because if not for Judaism you do not get remix called Christianity, and then further greatest hits remix called Islam. (All three J, C and M are Abrahamic faiths)

2. If #1 is wrong, then also opens up idea of Judaism and Hinduism being quite different. Different concepts of creation of universe, concept of God, concept of Duty, concept of Compound Interest (etc). This theory we call reality. Furthermore, and this is continuing with the joke of this whole argument, Jews think themselves superior to everyone -- while Hindus only think themselves superior to other Hindus.

:yahoo:

3. If none of the above applies to you, then don't be afraid to read a book. Increase in knowledge never hurts anyone. No one is expert on everything -- mind works better when actively working, instead of blindly reciting un-research opinions.

any rational voice will say -- yes, by all means have diplomatic relations with Afghanistan; that is between hindustan and Afghanistan

but same voice will say that any nook or cranny --be it a ''consulate'' (note the quotation marks) or safehouse -- if that is used to encourage or promote anti-Pakistan activity then damn right it should be shut down and at ANY cost

COAS Gen. Kayani saab is just looking out after Pakistan's national interests, while our 'politicians' are busy with their own vendettas and political games

I myself am very vocal about the subject as well. And since Karzai seems to somewhat be thinking a bit more clearly, hopefully he will see to it that our demands are met; a stable Afghanistan that is at peace with her neighbours is in our interest. As we are in a tough neighbourhood, it is perfectly within our right to state (and request) the obvious and needful.

Sad to see Pakistani Generals still poke their nose in politics.

fascinating that you seem to think that geo-political and national security issues should not be broached upon by military officials on official state visits!

but same voice will say that any nook or cranny --be it a ''consulate'' (note the quotation marks) or safehouse -- if that is used to encourage or promote anti-Pakistan activity then damn right it should be shut down and at ANY cost

How will this be established that a consulate is being used for anti Pakistan activities? Surely you dont mean by taking PA or ISI's word on face value.

After all you are talking about embassy of a Sovereign country (India) in another Sovereign country(Afghanistan).

What if Afghanistan comes and tells you to shut down some consulates or better still, some "charitable institutions" on your soil saying (without any proof) that those are being used by terrorists.

I mean, dont we keep hearing the clamour of voices from the members here about how UN unfairly banned Hafiz and JuD on India's insistence.??

Last edited:
Well - we should call a spade a spade. All consulates around the world have a defense attache - there must be some Indian intelligence gathering for sure - but what's the big deal if they do so? That is business as usual. I am sure Pakistani consulates in Nepal and Sri Lanka too indulge in info gathering against India. The problem would arise if indeed they were fanning some major militancy and assisting in arms distribution and training. Despite Pakistani insistence and I have heard claims of some 15 consulates - the major deterrent would be that the Indian people themselves would be against such activities - we don't share an affinity with the Afghans or anyone.

How will this be established that a consulate is being used for anti Pakistan activities? Surely you dont mean by taking PA or ISI's word on face value.

After all you are talking about embassy of a Sovereign country (India) in another Sovereign country(Afghanistan).

What if Afghanistan comes and tells you to shut down some consulates or better still, some "charitable institutions" on your soil saying (without any proof) that those are being used by terrorists.

I mean, dont we keep hearing the clamour of voices from the members here about how UN unfairly banned Hafiz and JuD on India's insistence.??

i don't think he would want to embarass himself or show ignorance unless he had factual information

by the way, in hindustany private circles they have admitted (and it is common knowledge) that your country is using proxies in Afghanistan to wage anti-Pakistan activities.

it's kind of a ''our word vs. yours'' thing; and hopefully Karzai will view the larger picture and do the right thing

if we can help bring peace and stability to the war-torn country --and while we are doing our best to secure the restive border at large cost -- then they better have something for us in return

and we arent asking for much, believe me

i don't think he would want to embarass himself or show ignorance unless he had factual information

by the way, in hindustany private circles they have admitted (and it is common knowledge) that your country is using proxies in Afghanistan to wage anti-Pakistan activities.

it's kind of a ''our word vs. yours'' thing; and hopefully Karzai will view the larger picture and do the right thing

if we can help bring peace and stability to the war-torn country --and while we are doing our best to secure the restive border at large cost -- then they better have something for us in return

and we arent asking for much, believe me

Is it like its admitted in Pakistany private circles that ISI uses LeT to destabalize India. Both of us know that has no significance.

Your last paragraph sounds a little too much like

Remove Indian consulates else we will ensure that Taliban keep finding safe sanctuaries in our KP region and will keep attacking you from there..

Am I reading it wrong with the traditional Indian suspicion towards Pakistan?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom