What's new

'Keep out!': China sent 6 warnings to a US Navy plane, but the US didn't back down

Hold up, if you're Indonesian, that picture above should concern you o_O

Edit: Oh my mistake, Singapore :p: And remains the same, it should concern you o_O
Singapore's success depended on the protection and trade with the US in no small way.
We are grateful.
But our future lies with China.
A powerful China will mean peace and prosperity for ASEAN nations that had existed since ancient times with these nations paying tribute to China.
No enslaving and annexation of lands by China even though it had the most powerful naval fleet commandeered by admiral Zheng Ho.

LOL. What a surprise!
China and her warnings.
Then why India SO STUPID to run away from Donglang(Doklam) with just warnings from China.
Chicken India frightened from just warnings.
India should have listened to you, now India just watch in trepidation as China continues to fortify Donglang and wrest Bhutan away from Indian stranglehold.

Singapore's success depended on the protection and trade with the US in no small way.
We are grateful.
A powerful China will mean peace and prosperity for ASEAN nations that had existed since ancient times with these nations paying tribute to China.
No enslaving and annexation of lands by China even though it had the most powerful naval fleet commandeered by admiral Zheng Ho.

I dont know with other countries in South East Asia, but ancient Indonesia is not a tributary state of China.

China under Mongol empire did try to make Indonesia as their tributary state but failed miserably :

The Mongol invasion of Java was a military effort made by Kublai Khan, founder of the Yuan dynasty (one of the fragments of the Mongol Empire), to invade Java, an island in modern Indonesia. In 1293, he sent a large invasion fleet to Java with 20,000[1] to 30,000 soldiers. This was a punitive expedition against King Kertanegaraof Singhasari, who had refused to pay tribute to the Yuan and maimed one of its ministers. However, it ended with failure for the Mongols.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Java

I dont know with other countries in South East Asia, but ancient Indonesia is not a tributary state of China.

China under Mongol empire did try to make Indonesia as their tributary state but failed miserably :

The Mongol invasion of Java was a military effort made by Kublai Khan, founder of the Yuan dynasty (one of the fragments of the Mongol Empire), to invade Java, an island in modern Indonesia. In 1293, he sent a large invasion fleet to Java with 20,000[1] to 30,000 soldiers. This was a punitive expedition against King Kertanegaraof Singhasari, who had refused to pay tribute to the Yuan and maimed one of its ministers. However, it ended with failure for the Mongols.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Java
The Han Chinese were able to tame the Mongolian Chinese and peace and trade returned under the Han and Tang dynasties.
You must agree that China was asking for tribute and goal was not to enslave and colonize Indonesia.
I am not too familiar with history of China, but offhand I think the tributes are more like paying respect and acknowledgment of the supremacy of the Chinese kingdom and not to suppress the natives.
Maybe Chinese members can elaborate.

We are grateful.

Then why India SO STUPID to run away from Donglang(Doklam) with just warnings from China.
Chicken India frightened from just warnings.
India should have listened to you, now India just watch in trepidation as China continues to fortify Donglang and wrest Bhutan away from Indian stranglehold.
Deviating again. India ordered you not to build that road in Dokhlam. Good thing you obeyed.

The Han Chinese were able to tame the Mongolian Chinese and peace and trade returned under the Han and Tang dynasties.
You must agree that China was asking for tribute and goal was not to enslave and colonize Indonesia.
I am not too familiar with history of China, but offhand I think the tributes are more like paying respect and acknowledgment of the supremacy of the Chinese kingdom and not to suppress the natives.
Maybe Chinese members can elaborate.
Here's the shortest and yet accurate "History of China" I've come across, pretty fun watch :-)

The only indigenous Han dynasty after the Yuan were the Ming, before China was again conquered by northern barbarians, the Manchu (Qing). And I don't think many (if any) Han would have considered Mongols or Manchus fellow countrymen during the brutal invasion/occupation :shout: (in fact, resistance against the "foreign invaders" lasted throughout the Yuan, culminating in the collapse of Yuan & establishment of Ming).

Going by the rationale you're giving to justify China's "9 dash line", the Italians could just as well lay claim to the entire Mediterranean, because Once Upon A Time...

Deviating again. India ordered you not to build that road in Dokhlam. Good thing you obeyed.
HAHA, MAD FELLOW.
In Your Dreams.
That's the problem with Gangadesh.
Always dreaming and fantasizing.
You Must Have POST SLAVE STRESS DISORDER, PSSD.

HAHA, MAD FELLOW.
In Your Dreams.
That's the problem with Gangadesh.
Always dreaming and fantasizing.
You Must Have POST SLAVE STRESS DISORDER, PSSD.
Did you build that road India ordered you not to?

Here's the shortest and yet accurate "History of China" I've come across, pretty fun watch :-)

The only indigenous Han dynasty after the Yuan were the Ming, before China was again conquered by northern barbarians, the Manchu (Qing). And I don't think many (if any) Han would have considered Mongols or Manchus fellow countrymen during the brutal invasion/occupation :shout: (in fact, resistance against the "foreign invaders" lasted throughout the Yuan, culminating in the collapse of Yuan & establishment of Ming).

Going by the rationale you're giving to justify China's "9 dash line", the Italians could just as well lay claim to the entire Mediterranean, because Once Upon A Time...
I don't know how you get to determine anything on the internet to be accurate but rather one version of what happened.
If you read Japanese account of WW2, they were trying to save ASIA.
It is incredulous that one would determine that China need to be of one ethnicity while most countries are multi-ethnic and were conquering and fighting each other through the centuries.

Important thing is in China, the Han Chinese were able to subdue and subsume all their invaders through their culture.
The invaders became Chinese and ruled as Chinese.

The Mongols, Manchus and Tibetans became Chinese.
That's why the Chinese are the longest continuing civilization state.

Surely You Jest.
Don't you know the ROMANS are no more.
Present day Italians are not the ancient ROMANS.
But they can try to claim what they are able to, if those nations are willing.
Similarly Present day Egyptians are not descendants from the Pharaoh.
That is not the case with the CHINESE, who have 5000 years of history

Did you build that road India ordered you not to?
I only heard MODI whining, shake tail to Xi at Wuhan.
BEGGING XI not to admonish him.
You notice how quiet MODI is nowadays, no talk of DONGLANG.
This GANGADESH DOG lost its BARK.
He is only good at killing civilian Muslims eating beef.

I don't know how you get to determine anything on the internet to be accurate but rather one version of what happened.
It is incredulous that one would determine that China need to be of one ethnicity while most countries are multi-ethnic and were conquering and fighting each other through the centuries.

Important thing is in China, the Han Chinese were able to subdue and subsume all their invaders through their culture.

Surely You Jest.

LOL - did China build the road India ordered China not build? It is a "Yes" or "No" question.

Surely You Jest.

...Did you even watch the vid? Its just dates and events, nothing controversial, no "deep state", agendas or the like.

As to Mongols and Tibetans being "Chinese", I'm not gonna dwell on it cuz I know how hyper the Chinese can get about it, so I'll just say: Do THEY consider themselves Chinese? Genghis Khan, great "Chinese" conqueror? (Ahh-Uighur *sniffle*, oh excuse me)

And yes, modern-day Italians are not the Romans, just like modern-day Chinese are not the Ming, or the Song, or whoever. But if the PRC would lay claim to what those dynasties had, then the Italian Republic has as good (or bad) a claim to former Roman possessions; you're both descendants of those empires, but you are not those empires.

And ultimately, this....

170702062321-south-china-sea-map-full-169.jpg

...strikes everyone outside of China as ridiculous.

P.S. Don't know much about China, huh?

It is smart by China, they are showing by actions that they do not consent or acquiesce to the US being in the area - important for international law purposes.

China is still building, so for now it sit backs but slowly slowly it will become stronger and more assertive. We see this already in their steadfast response to Dotard Trump's tariffs and threats to stop importing oil from Iran.

China needs to come to some agreement with its neighbours about the South China Sea, sure it can take it all by force but that's not a sustainable solution and just encourages its neighbours to get closer to the US.

Iran and Russia etc are managing to resolve the Caspian Sea by making it open to all the signatories but prohibiting any non-signatory state from having a military presence there, maybe China can look at something like this to compromise and remove US from the region.

...Did you even watch the vid? Its just dates and events, nothing controversial, no "deep state", agendas or the like.

As to Mongols and Tibetans being "Chinese", I'm not gonna dwell on it cuz I know how hyper the Chinese can get about it, so I'll just say: Do THEY consider themselves Chinese? Genghis Khan, great "Chinese" conqueror? (Ahh-Uighur *sniffle*, oh excuse me)

And yes, modern-day Italians are not the Romans, just like modern-day Chinese are not the Ming, or the Song, or whoever. But if the PRC would lay claim to what those dynasties had, then the Italian Republic has as good (or bad) a claim to former Roman possessions; you're both descendants of those empires, but you are not those empires.

And ultimately, this....

...strikes everyone outside of China as ridiculous.

P.S. Don't know much about China, huh?
You are wrong, don't just spout NONSENSE.
The Chinese identify themselves as Tang or Han wherever they go.
They are the same people using the same language with maybe a bit of simplification as they modernize.
Nothing hyper about the Chinese, you can ask Marco Polo, if Kublai Khan rule as a Chinese or not.

If Japan were willing to convert and rule as Chinese, the world would have been very different.
As it has come to pass, the Chinese kept on fighting for 8 long years until the Japanese were vanquished.
That's why if you bothered to check out, the Chinese had continuous unbroken rule from dynasty to dynasty.
Update your knowledge before making long post of ignorance.

Let me help you, if the British were to rule India as Mughal empire and call themselves Mughals, then the Mughal empire will be unbroken.
Empire would also be unbroken if the Portuguese were to rule Indonesia, but use Bahasa Indonesia, and call themselves Indonesian instead of Portuguese.
That's what happened in China from dynasty to dynasty.
Its the ONLY country to achieve that.
That's why the US is shaking in their boots now with the resurgence of China.
Yes, I don't know much about China, regrettably.
What I post are common knowledge, but not for those who have closed and narrow minds.

Last edited:
You are wrong, don't just spout NONSENSE.
The Chinese identify themselves as Tang or Han wherever they go.
They are the same people using the same language with maybe a bit of simplification as they modernize.
Nothing hyper about the Chinese, you can ask Marco Polo, if Kublai Khan rule as a Chinese or not.

If Japan were willing to convert and rule as Chinese, the world would have been very different.
As it has come to pass, the Chinese kept on fighting for 8 long years until the Japanese were vanquished.
That's why if you bothered to check out, the Chinese had continuous unbroken rule from dynasty to dynasty.
Update your knowledge before making long post of ignorance.

Let me help you, if the British were to rule India as Mughal empire and call themselves Mughals, then the Mughal empire will be unbroken.
Empire would also be unbroken if the Portuguese were to rule Indonesia, but use Bahasa Indonesia, and call themselves Indonesian instead of Portuguese.
That's what happened in China from dynasty to dynasty.
Its the ONLY country to achieve that.
That's why the US is shaking in their boots now with the resurgence of China.
Yes, I don't know much about China, regrettably.
What I post are common knowledge, but not for those who have closed and narrow minds.
China is not exceptional, it is like every other country on earth. Some of the details may differ, as they do everywhere, but the dynamics are always the same. You're in this ultra-nationalistic bubble (and in your defense so are many others the world over), you could rationalize just about anything that way.

I might almost respect China's stance more if they'd just come out and say, "We're taking all this because we can now. We're bigger, we're stronger, they're weaker". Instead of jumping through all these PR hoops trying to convince everyone China is the "Good Guy", oh they got all these proper reasons and just causes.

No, China is now acting like the Imperial powers it claims to despise. Not just or benevolent, merely a replacement. Goodbye old bully, welcome new, and we lie better.

One thing tho, "India/Pakistan would have been fine w/ British rule if only they'd just called themselves Mughal!" :omghaha:

China is not exceptional, it is like every other country on earth. Some of the details may differ, as they do everywhere, but the dynamics are always the same. You're in this ultra-nationalistic bubble (and in your defense so are many others the world over), you could rationalize just about anything that way.

I might almost respect China's stance more if they'd just come out and say, "We're taking all this because we can now. We're bigger, we're stronger, they're weaker". Instead of jumping through all these PR hoops trying to convince everyone China is the "Good Guy", oh they got all these proper reasons and just causes.

No, China is now acting like the Imperial powers it claims to despise. Not just or benevolent, merely a replacement. Goodbye old bully, welcome new, and we lie better.

One thing tho, "India/Pakistan would have been fine w/ British rule if only they'd just called themselves Mughal!" :omghaha:
China's claims are legitimate, but ASEAN nations can always negotiate for sharing or a better division of the islands as it may not be nice or neighborly for a more powerful country to claim all the islands due to their backwardness in olden times.

Yes, China is claiming all the islands because it was bigger, stronger and they're weaker in addition to being not even a nation long time ago.
That's how it was done in the past, just as Tibet was conquered long ago by China and not in 1965 as detractors would have us believe.
Just as how the Whites massacred the natives and call the USA home.
No, China is now acting like the Imperial powers it claims to despise. Not just or benevolent, merely a replacement. Goodbye old bully, welcome new, and we lie better.:omghaha:
Don't be silly, those islands were uninhabited, China killed nobody.
For the islands that have natives, Chinese lived in peace with the native Pinoys and fought against the colonial Spaniards together.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose Rizal
Philippines famous freedom fighter Jose Rizal was a Chinese with some Spanish ancestry.

Those islands at 200nm from the coast may appear near now, but hundreds of years ago the natives had no clue they were there and had no big ships to reach the islands except China and later the European Colonialists.

Last edited:
China's claims are legitimate, but ASEAN nations can always negotiate for sharing or a better division of the islands as it may not be nice or neighborly for a more powerful country to claim all the islands due to their backwardness in olden times.

Yes, China is claiming all the islands because it was bigger, stronger and they're weaker in addition to being not even a nation long time ago.
That's how it was done in the past, just as Tibet was conquered long ago by China and not in 1965 as detractors would have us believe.
Just as how the Whites massacred the natives and call the USA home.

Don't be silly, those islands were uninhabited, China killed nobody.
For the islands that have natives, Chinese lived in peace with the native Pinoys and fought against the colonial Spaniards together.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose Rizal
Philippines famous freedom fighter Jose Rizal was a Chinese with some Spanish ancestry.

Those islands at 200nm from the coast may appear near now, but hundreds of years ago the natives had no clue they were there and had no big ships to reach the islands except China and later the European Colonialists.
Dude I'm talking about now, where China flaunts all intl rules. The only choice left for SE Asian nations is, do they stick w/ the "bully" they know, or the new bully? Which would they benefit from most, and suffer least harm? That's who they'll side with.

Stuff from the middle ages or b.c. w/e is just an excuse, come on

Back
Top Bottom