What's new

Kenya expresses interest in importing Pakistan’s mangoes, citrus fruits

Pakistani Fighter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Kenya expresses interest in importing Pakistan’s mangoes, citrus fruits

The prospects of opening the African market for Pakistani Mangoes and Kinnow have been brightened. Gateway of East African market, Kenya’s Quarantine Department has indicated to allow import of Pakistani mangoes and Kinnow and expedite quarantine agreements between the two countries.

Oranges.jpg

On the eve of the Pakistan Africa Trade Conference in Nairobi, Kenya’s officials and importers met with Pakistani exporters of fruit and vegetable to discuss ways and means to enhance trade of fruits and vegetables, specially to sign quarantine agreements between the two countries.

Mr Ahmed is currently on a tour to Nairobi for holding talks with companies which have expressed interest in doing business with Pakistan.

“Several countries have already begun exporting citrus fruits to Kenya that is becoming an emerging market.

“We have held several meetings with the government officials of Kenya for convincing them about the varieties Pakistan contains for mango and citrus fruits”, he said.

“They have done their homework about Pakistani market, and hopefully Kenya will be the new frontier to explore (in this sector) and will be new avenue for Pakistani exporters,” he revealed.

Mr Waheed Ahmed further said that the PFVA has offered technical assistance to Kenya especially hot water treatment plant for mangoes.

“It will be a big breakthrough for Pakistan and our exporters’ community that we can provide them technical assistance in this sector.” He also discussed measures for plant protection and quarantine system of Kenya.

Notably, Kenya is a good market for citrus, which is also importing from Morocco, Egypt and other countries, while there is no local Mango available in summer in Kenya, so there are plenty of opportunities for Pakistani king of fruits.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is something that Pakistan should export and promote itself. Since the opportunity has presented itself I hope the concerned authorities don't waste the opportunity.

Who's we?
The government can't do everything.
It's up to people to show an interest in business and entrepreneurship instead of hoping the government will make things better.

Who's we?
The government can't do everything.
It's up to people to show an interest in business and entrepreneurship instead of hoping the government will make things better.

I agree with your point of view, but still the government should also continue to promote and encourage the business community and entrepreneurs.

What I don't like about our business community is their lack of willingness to serve Pakistan in these tough economic times. Our business community has no problem with adhering to rules and paying taxes abroad in UAE, Malaysia etc. They complain about tax in Pakistan.

I agree with your point of view, but still the government should also continue to promote and encourage the business community and entrepreneurs.

What I don't like about our business community is their lack of willingness to serve Pakistan in these tough economic times. Our business community has no problem with adhering to rules and paying taxes abroad in UAE, Malaysia etc. They complain about tax in Pakistan.
Totally agree.
The reason is that our bureaucratic culture encourages and facilitates bribery, avoidance of rules and corner cutting.
These people know they can get away with it so they do. In certain countries, even the suggestion or attempt will bring prosecution.

One day I hope to read news of Pakistan exporting more then just mangoes and cotton.

yes

just like 7 lac ton wheat was exported by tabdeeli sarkaar and now 3 mil ton has to be imported,

granted, oranges are NOT staple foods, but which country exports its food security ,,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom