What's new

Kerala: Won’t take action against those who kill dangerous dogs, says minister

What's your take on man eater big cats ?

there are generally few instances on man-eater big cats, a lot lot less than of dog attacks on humans. :)

i begin with asking you to read this[1] particular nuanced analysis of the delhi zoo incident of 2014 where a young man was "killed" by a white tiger inside the tiger's enclosure...
All these videos start from a moment when the guy was already in the pit, crawled against the wall with the tiger staring at him right in the face. For the first few minutes, the tiger seemed equally surprised and dumbfounded as the victim himself. It keeps toying and pawing with the youth who in turn is scared witless and keeps throwing his hands in the air in an unexplainable manner. For a moment it seems he was pleading for the tiger to spare him with his hands folded but then the action keeps repeating it and it starts to seem that the guy himself doesn’t know what he was doing. He seems to be talking to himself but the words were unheard. There are also the voices of Tiger’s handler calling out, in order to get it away from the youth. The tigers looks in the direction of the voice, at its handler several time but remains standing right next to the victim. This goes on for a few minutes and then the tiger makes a move. It tries to pull the guy with its paw but the youth slips out and crawls back to the same spot. Just then, someone from the crowd throws a stone which hits the tiger in its head. The tiger looks up at the crowd, growls and then in a sudden move, nabs the youth by the neck and runs away towards the other end of its closure, away from the crowd. The youth still seems alive at this moment but starts to bleed. The tiger then lets him go, sits over him but then after a while again picks him up again by the neck and starts to run around in its enclosure. Slowly the life drains out of the youth and all movement ceases.
Can the tiger really be blamed here? One thing is certain from this entire incident. The tiger never attacked or mauled the youth. It simple picked him up by the neck but this action proved fatal for the victim. Even after he was dead, the tiger never attempted to eat him and slowly moved away.
Anyone who had been to a Zoo knows that animals like Tigers always shy away from the public. In this incident, this tiger had a huge crowd standing right above, shouting and throwing stones at it. What else was it suppose to do if not shy away? And since when throwing a stone was enough to scare a Tiger? If the Tiger had attacked and mauled, the victim would be in pieces. There would be marks all over his body, not just on his neck.
read the rest of the article.

however, there are of course the tiger attacks in the huge sunderbans mangrove swamps[2] common to bangladesh and west bengal state of india...
Causes of the attacks

No one is exactly sure why the tigers of the Sundarbans are so aggressive towards humans, but scientists, biologists, and others have speculated about a number of reasons. These include:

Since the Sundarbans is located in a coastal area, the water is relatively salty. In all other habitats, tigers drink fresh water. It is rumored that the saltiness of the water in this area has put them in a state of constant discomfort, leading them to be extremely aggressive. Freshwater lakes have been artificially made but to no avail.

The high tides in the area destroy the tiger's urine and scat which serve as territorial markers. Thus, the only way for a tiger to defend its territory is to physically dominate everything that enters.

Another possibility is that these tigers have grown used to human flesh due to the weather. Cyclones in this part of India and Bangladesh kill thousands, and the bodies drift out in to the swampy waters, where tigers scavenge them.

Another possibility is that the tigers find hunting animals difficult due to the continuous high and low tides making the area marsh-like and slippery. Humans travel through the Sundarbans on boats gathering honey and fishing, making for easy prey. It is also believed that when a person stoops to work, the tiger mistakes them for a typical prey animal, and has, over time, acquired a 'taste' for the human flesh.

It has also been hypothesized that the tigers in this area, due to their secluded habitat, avoided the brunt of the hunting sprees that occurred over the course of the 20th century. Tigers inhabiting the rest of Asia developed a fear of humans after these events, but tigers in the Sundarbans would never have had reason to stop seeing humans as prey.

About 5,000 people frequent the swamps and waterways of the Sundarbans. Fishing boats traverse the area and many stop to collect firewood, honey and other items. In the dark forest, tigers find it easy to stalk and attack men absorbed in their work. Even fishermen in small boats have been attacked due to tigers' strong swimming abilities.
to the underlined section i will add the possibility of human bodies ( of hindus ) in half-cremated/not-cremated form set afloat from the banks of the ganga in varanasi somehow traveling into the sunderbans region in somewhat not rotten form and the tigers having developed a technique to eat what they find usable in those bodies.

below para is copy from a previous post of mine.

in india, the smaller cats and leopards are almost extinct, the former through each cat surrounded by eight to ten dogs and bitten to death over 15 minutes to half-hour and the latter by police and villagers when leopards walk into cities, towns and villages in search of water and perhaps sheep/goats ( leopards are also killed by dogs in the jungles )... however, no arrests under "animal cruelty act" of the fool and parasitic software-engineer/mba neo-rich, middle-class jobniks and their mothers who feed dogs in their urban localities and the villagers who kill leopards in the most cruel manner... watch these leopard-killing vids[3], which i am unable to watch fully even now... oh man, oh man, haraam, haraam, haraam... can't describe what i want to do to those people who did these acts.

finally, i will speak of pakistan - the snow leopard incursions into mountain villages, which are in search of sheep/goats but generally a scare is created about the leopards wanting to attack humans.

this was just a short look at the subcontinent... i have not spoken of lions ( which do attack humans ) and of other places in the world.

---

[1] Delhi Zoo Incident And The Unanswered Questions - Vargis Khan

[2] Tiger attacks in the Sundarbans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[3] 356 leopard deaths in India in 365 days

there are generally few instances on man-eater big cats, a lot lot less than of dog attacks on humans. :)

i begin with asking you to read this[1] particular nuanced analysis of the delhi zoo incident of 2014 where a young man was "killed" by a white tiger inside the tiger's enclosure...

read the rest of the article.

however, there are of course the tiger attacks in the huge sunderbans mangrove swamps[2] common to bangladesh and west bengal state of india...

to the underlined section i will add the possibility of human bodies ( of hindus ) in half-cremated/not-cremated form set afloat from the banks of the ganga in varanasi somehow traveling into the sunderbans region in somewhat not rotten form and the tigers having developed a technique to eat what they find usable in those bodies.

below para is copy from a previous post of mine.

in india, the smaller cats and leopards are almost extinct, the former through each cat surrounded by eight to ten dogs and bitten to death over 15 minutes to half-hour and the latter by police and villagers when leopards walk into cities, towns and villages in search of water and perhaps sheep/goats ( leopards are also killed by dogs in the jungles )... however, no arrests under "animal cruelty act" of the fool and parasitic software-engineer/mba neo-rich, middle-class jobniks and their mothers who feed dogs in their urban localities and the villagers who kill leopards in the most cruel manner... watch these leopard-killing vids[3], which i am unable to watch fully even now... oh man, oh man, haraam, haraam, haraam... can't describe what i want to do to those people who did these acts.

finally, i will speak of pakistan - the snow leopard incursions into mountain villages, which are in search of sheep/goats but generally a scare is created about the leopards wanting to attack humans.

this was just a short look at the subcontinent... i have not spoken of lions ( which do attack humans ) and of other places in the world.

---

[1] Delhi Zoo Incident And The Unanswered Questions - Vargis Khan

[2] Tiger attacks in the Sundarbans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[3] 356 leopard deaths in India in 365 days
So that's the thing.

Big cars ATTACK, kill them till they go extinct

Dogs ATTACK, kill them till they also go extinct :-)

Back
Top Bottom