A friend mailled this article from Dubai.... The thoughts of an Indian Muslim

A Very well written article ... 30 November 2008

> Watching the terror nightmare unfold in Mumbai over the past three days
with me on television, my kids have repeatedly asked me: "Who are these
terrorists and why are they doing this?" And every time I wished I could
offer them a convincing answer.
What could I tell them? For one, I was equally clueless why these guys had
taken over India's financial and cultural capital and were targeting people
who had nothing to do with them and had done nothing to harm them.
For two, I was too ashamed to tell them these guys were ostensibly Muslims
and came from a country that was created in the name of Islam.
At work, while my colleagues went about covering the madness in Mumbai and
laying out special pages with the images of the incredibly beautiful hotel,
Taj, with its Islamic arches and domes, go up in smoke, I find it hard to
look my colleagues in the eye.
And this happens all the time. Every time innocents are targeted in the
name of Islam around the world, one can't face one's non-Muslim friends and
colleagues. I feel like burying myself in the ground. Growing up in a
religious family, one never thought one would see the day when being a
Muslim could be a source of shame.
A distraught friend who has devoted her life to speaking and fighting on
behalf of Arabs and Muslims wrote in yesterday saying "I've had it with the
Arabs and Muslims and Islamic militancy. Forgive me but I am throwing in
the towel."
I couldn't write back to her but understood her pain. She grew up in
Mumbai and is understandably upset.
My friend went on to say: "The Muslims and Islam have a problem and only
they can solve it. If they do not, the whole world will turn against
them."
If this is how our most loyal friends feel, imagine the sentiments and
reactions of the rest of the world. Can you blame the world if it's
turning against Muslims? What do you expect when not a single day passes
without the name of our faith being dragged through the mud by fellow
believers around the world?
How many innocents have to die in the name of Islam before Muslim leaders
and countries take effective action to deal with the nuts, who are out to
destroy us all with their nihilistic cult?
I know that the Muslim leaders including those in the highest echelons of
power have lately started speaking out against the extremists.
Darul Uloom Deoband in India, one of the oldest and most respected centres
of learning in the Muslim world, issued a fatwa against terrorism at a
large gathering of Islamic scholars and leaders in June. Last month,
nearly 5,000 scholars backed the edict at a huge congregation in Hyderabad.
The OIC, the organisation of Muslim states, and Saudi Arabia, the leader of
the Arab-Islamic world, have of late been equally vehement in condemning
these repulsive acts of violence targeting innocents.
Eminent Muslim intellectuals and journalists like Tariq Ramadan, a grandson
of Muslim Brotherhood founder Hasan Al Banna, and India's MJ Akbar and
numerous others too have repeatedly protested this distortion of Islamic
teachings and spirit.
These calls of conscience on behalf of mainstream Islam have however proved
voices in the wilderness. Clearly, we need to do more to be heard by the
world and to stop this shameful victimisation of innocent people in the
name of religion.
The great irony of the Mumbai attacks is the killing of Anti-Terrorism
Squad chief Hemant Karkare and his colleagues. Karkare, a brave and
decorated officer investigating the Malegaon blasts and other recent terror
attacks that he established to be the handiwork of Hindu extremists, not
Muslim groups like SIMI, was killed by the terrorists outside Cama hospital
Wednesday night. Obviously, Muslims do not know who their real friends
and enemies are. And, pray, why is India increasingly being singled out for
this savagery? What do they think this country is? A Hindu country or an
anti-Muslim nation?
Do the ignorant dummies repeatedly being sent out on the so-called jihad
know that this great country is home to the world's largest Muslim
population? Almost twice the size of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan!
India's greatest superstar is a Muslim, not to mention the countless
achievers in other fields.
Why are our friends across the border bent on destroying the whole world
with themselves? Is this what Islam and the noble Prophet teach and stand
for?
It's all very well for us to say Islam has nothing to do with extremism and
terrorism. We can go on deluding ourselves these psychopaths do not
represent us.
However, the world finds it hard to accept this line of argument because it
sees the extremists increasingly assert themselves and take the
centre-stage while the mainstream Islam remains silent.
The great religion that preaches and celebrates universal brotherhood,
equality of men and peace and justice for all has been hijacked by a
demented, miniscule minority. And, as my friend says, only Muslims can
solve this problem. Only Muslims can confront these anarchists in their
midst.
Only they can get their faith freed from the clutches of extremism. This is
no time to hide. It's time to stand up and speak out. For the terrorists
will continue to speak on our behalf, until we do not speak up. This is no
time for silence. Enough is enough!

May God Almighty Bless You With Health,Happiness and Prosperity Always.

A good article.

Yes, people can no longer continue the sham of trying to claim that these people don't represent any ideology. They do, a twisted version of that ideology.

The thoughts of an Indian Muslim
It's all very well for us to say Islam has nothing to do with extremism and
terrorism. We can go on deluding ourselves these psychopaths do not
represent us.
However, the world finds it hard to accept this line of argument because it
sees the extremists increasingly assert themselves and take the
centre-stage while the mainstream Islam remains silent.

I find that it is difficult for me, as a Christian, to read the passages in the Koran that are so against Christians and Jews, and then NOT conclude that the Koran, itself, encourages the extremism. The Islamic concept of "the infidel" makes it so easy to de-humanize non-muslims. That is why, it seems to non-muslim observers, that the muslim world has to go right to the root of Islam and remove some of the concepts (or at least the rhetoric) that are driving this intense hatred of non-muslims and even of "moderate" muslims. The positions taken by the religious authorities always seem to have "outs" for the extremists. "Don't murder innocent people", they say, but then are not clear as to WHO is innocent. Only muslims? Only those following the "right" path?

“To me, I confess, [countries] are pieces on a chessboard upon which is being played out a game for dominion of the world.”Lord Curzon, viceroy of India, speaking about Afghanistan, 1898

to be honest i still dont think that india will do such a mistake .... of launching a full scale war
but the option of a short term milletary scenario is 500% inevitable
i beleive their r some other elements in this whole game of INDO-PAK tention .
Our true enemy who is till hiden from most of us is playing the card of india and wnats of to measur
1 how much united we are
2 How would our politicians and our armed forces will react
3 and they will be watcing our every move . If we activate any Nuclear Missile they will certinly know whre our nuclear arsenell is placed even, if they dont know they will probabally guess it out .

4. wat will be the rection of taliban
5 wat will be the reaction of CHINA , IRAN , Saudia Arabia , Bangladesh and SIRILANKA and perhaps Russia
The enemy of which i m talkin abt is also behind the killing of Benezir Bhutto and is responicible for Bankrupting our Nation so that we could go to IMF.

Our Enemy is in the process of getting information abt us so that they could role the dice and play their big cards efficiently . India is one of their Cards . and they are playing it very well

There is millteray terM called " EXTERIOR MANEOVER "
WHICH SAYS YOU HAVE TO GET INFO ABT UR ENEMY ONCE GOT ISOLATE UR ENEMY AND TRY TO HIT IT WITH A LOW FORCE AND MEASURE ITS REACTION. IF THERE IS ANY STRENTH IN IT ELIMINATE IT USING ANY OTHER METHOD EXCEPT MILLETARY. ONECE DID . KILL UR ENEMY WITH ALL THE POWER U HAVE.

INDIA ALSO KNOWS US . AFTERS ALL THEY FAOUGHT THREE WARS WITH US ... HOW THEY UNDERESTIMATE US SO MUCH. ITS A GAME BEING PLAYED ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL .

RIGHT NOW WE ARE ISOLATED . LOCAL PEOPLE ARE FIGHTING A BLOODY WAR AGAINST US . OUR ECONOMY IS DOOMED . AND OUR ARMED FORCES DEMORELIZED .

I BELIEVE THIS NATION IS BLESSED WITH GREAT PEOPLE .
AND IF WE TACKLED ,WENT OUT THIS GAME MATURELY AND UNHARMED WE WILL DEFFINATELY BECOME THE GREATEST NATION ON THIS PLANET. AND I BELIEVE WE WILL... INSHAALLAH

Nice avatar. I have not a clue as to what you are trying to communicate. Nihilism?
WELL ACCORDING TO GREEK MYTHOLOGY THESE FOUR ELEMNTS ARE THE BUILDING BLOKS OF UNIVERSE AND PERSONALLY I LIKE CHEMISTRY AS A SUBJECT.. ITS DEFINATELY NOT NEHLISM

Mr. truthseeker i have a long list of verses out of your bible that treat humans as trash spread terror and orders to kill. Both NT and OT has the same God who is that God of NT/OT>>ur so called biblical Jesus Christ. So remember how Moses was ordered to Kill men women children old and take those 7 cities and kill anything that is alive. The same biblical Jesus orders to punish boys who don't listen to their parents..You want to know more terror passages from bible i shall bring them fourth if you need to read them. Just ask!
mR. TruthSeeker i have also studied comparative religious studies i am well aware of whats in the bible and what is in the Quran spell it right is not <Koran>. Again i challange you an open challenge for 100 years and more to prove Quran wrong prove it wrong even a few verses.

&#8220;Say: If the whole of Mankind and Jinns were together to produce the like of this Qur&#8217;an they could not produce the like thereof, even if they backed up each other with help and support.&#8221; [Al-Qur&#8217;an 17:88]

Later the challenge was made easy in the following verse of Surah Al-Hud:

&#8220;Or they may say, &#8220;He forged it.&#8221; Say, &#8220;Bring ye then ten Surahs forged, like unto it, and call (to your aid) whomsover ye can, other than Allah, if ye speak the truth!&#8217;.&#8221; [Al-Qur&#8217;an 11:13]

It was made easier in the following verse of Surah Yunus:

&#8220;Or do they say, &#8220;He forged it&#8221;? Say: &#8220;Bring then a Surah like unto it, and call (to your aid) anyone you can, besides Allah, if it be ye speak the truth!&#8217;.&#8221; [Al-Qur&#8217;an 10:38]

Finally in Surah Al-Baqarah, Allah (swt) further simplified the challenge:

And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Surah like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (if there are any) besides Allah if your (doubts) are true.

But if ye cannot - and of a surety ye cannot - then fear the Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones - which is prepared for those who reject faith&#8221;. [Al-Qur&#8217;an 2:23-24]

QURAN IS A HOLY BOOK SEND TO OUR BRLOVED PROPHET HAZARAT MOHAMMAD(SAW)
IT HAS EYE OPENING STORIES BASED ON TRUE HISTORICAL FACTS.
AND ITS BEEN SEND BY THE SAME GOD OF MUSLIMS, JEWS AND CHRISTIANS AND ALLAH HIMSELF HAS TAKEN THE RESPONCIBILITY OF QURAN'S PROTECTION.

NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO RELIGIOUSLY OFFEND ANY ONE AND I URGE ALL MEMBERS TO COOPERATE AND DISCOURAGE ANYBODY WHO DOES OR HAS ANY INTENT TO SPARK A DIELEMA THAT WHOSE RELIGION IS BEST

OK. I'm not sure that the Greeks knew about oxygen, hydrogen, carbon and nitrogen. I thought it was earth, fire, wind and water. Why use a swastika for an avatar?

Last edited:
I find that it is difficult for me, as a Christian, to read the passages in the Koran that are so against Christians and Jews, and then NOT conclude that the Koran, itself, encourages the extremism. The Islamic concept of "the infidel" makes it so easy to de-humanize non-muslims. That is why, it seems to non-muslim observers, that the muslim world has to go right to the root of Islam and remove some of the concepts (or at least the rhetoric) that are driving this intense hatred of non-muslims and even of "moderate" muslims. The positions taken by the religious authorities always seem to have "outs" for the extremists. "Don't murder innocent people", they say, but then are not clear as to WHO is innocent. Only muslims? Only those following the "right" path?

There is not even a single verse in Quran that is anti christian or anti jewish. Its only the interpretation of an individual that gives that feeling. If the individual interpreting the verse has some hidden motives and interpretes the verse according to his or her wishes than one can not put the blame on Quran.

Ijaz bhai i assure you are are so wrong i studied in detail...

Its like you are blaming the translators of Quran who are of highest caliber Scholars. I suggest you immediately tobah from what you said.

Quran says it clearly the hidden motive and agenda of Christians and Jews..
U can be friend but u can't be an Allie with them against Muslims..

For further studies and update on ur Islamic knowledge contact me i will give you bundle of links.

There is not even a single verse in Quran that is anti christian or anti jewish. Its only the interpretation of an individual that gives that feeling. If the individual interpreting the verse has some hidden motives and interpretes the verse according to his or her wishes than one can not put the blame on Quran.

Well, if your statement here is really, really true, and it is also believed by 99% of Muslims, then there is hope. I am glad that there is no real comfort in the Quran for the jihadis who seem to have it in for "Crusaders and Jews" (not to mention Hindus).

Truth seeker, with your cursory or even less knowledge about Islam, you should not make comments which are inflammatory. Only if you know the context of each verse revealed in the Holy book, then you should be able to do that. If you are interested, plz gather some more knowledge before making such comments.
While talking about all this, you seem to forget that infact it was USA who encouraged muslims to wage Jehad against Godless communists and funded and trained them. And now, i can see how conveniently, you people can appropriate the blame on anyone and everyone other than your ownself. Extremism is prevelant in every religion but why muslims are highlighted infront of everyone else and why for example Christian and Hindu extremists are not highlighted, is the question you should answer and ponder upon. As per my liberal friends in US, they are these days more worried about extremism in christianity than islam domestically, is it correct?? whats your take on that????? what about christian crusaders fighting in US army against iraq and afghanistan??? what about neo con intentions against muslims???? you seem to conveniently forget all these things and instead are trying to paint Islam with a broad brush devoid of sagacity.

Prodigy17,
You have your opinion, I have mine. I didn't start this thread. I was just commenting on the words written by the Indian Muslim from Dubai in the initial start of the thread. Your so-called "truths" stated above are no more valid than mine. You didn't respond to what I actually said, you just spouted the usual BS that I can't understand the plain language of your Book when I read it. I am not deceived.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom