What's new

Khatam e nabowat bill passed

It simply says that a state isn't bothered which religion you follow and non Muslims are free to practice their religion.

Exactly, the point being Jinnah's Pakistan wasn't discriminatory against non-Muslims or those deemed heretics, especially at a state level. If you accept that fact, no more discussion is necessary.

If getting the last word in helps soothe the ego after a fruitless discussion and unwillingness to debate, have at it. Reply to this with some other one-liner.

Make it really snappy and then sign off. Good luck champ.

It is an insult to the political acumen of the Founding Father to think that circa 1947 he was mentally conditioning us to accept an Israeli Jew as Prime Minister.

“You are free; you are free to go to your temples. You are free to go to your mosques or to any other places of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion, caste or creed—that has nothing to do with the business of the state.

Questions to the blind and deaf:

Which part of the above quote is NOT per Islam? How is it less (or not) Islamic and more secular?

Business of the state will be based on Islam, and Jinnah has been crystal clear on it many times. He also said that the constitution was already given 1300 years ago. And Islam protects the minorities and gives them rights to practice their religions freely.

Some people's stupidity is louder than two skeletons ****ing on a tin roof! Jinnah spoke the language of Islam, and some are labelling it as secularism.

Kindly bother reading the speeches after the 11th August too! Or do those cause brain freeze????

How can a sane person deduce that Jinnah meant that 'a non-muslim can lead the nation' by that speech! Where, how .... it's baffling!

@CriticalThought got busy but i wanted to say i too apologize if you think i attacked you personally anywhere here. :) :cheers:

Bhai don't expect a simple answer or answer at all .. For our mullah loving nation sadiq aur ameen only means a Muslim aka their sectarian bhai .. Rest are just people they don't really care of
I will change the law when you'll become the caliph :D :lol: :P

Exactly, the point being Jinnah's Pakistan wasn't discriminatory against non-Muslims or those deemed heretics, especially at a state level. If you accept that fact, no more discussion is necessary.

But the business of state will be Islam, refer to Quaid's other speeches. --- and an Islamic state doesn't allow non Muslims to interfere/meddle in it's affairs.

What's the need to disclose one's religious beliefs? Religious beliefs are personal, most Pakistanis are Muslims and therefore believe in khatm-e-nabuwwat anyway. More importantly, how does any of this effect your own faith?

So as to separate Muslims from Qadianis, I think this was easy.

But the business of state will be Islam, refer to Quaid's other speeches. --- and an Islamic state doesn't allow non Muslims to interfere/meddle in it's affairs.

Jinnah did not intend nor was Pakistan early on an Islamic state as you might describe it, that quote is enough to conclude his opinions on religion.

Please find me an exact quote where Jinnah explicitly states what you're asserting by tying one concept to another, that is to say how you go from Jinnah's identity of Islam for Pakistan, then tying that to an Islamic state, then tying that with a particularly long rope for non-participation for non-Muslims.

Also, you should know, not allowing minorities to participate is classic oppression and discrimination. You call it 'not allowing non Muslims to interfere/meddle'. But that's really akin to making people second class citizens, the Burmese did it with Rohingya long before they began killing them, they weren't allowed the same status as other citizens. Black people in the US had to fight for similar rights, long after their emancipation from slavery.

It would be deeply insulting to imply that this is what Jinnah had in mind for religious minorities of Pakistan, and it goes against everything he has ever said on the matter.

So as to separate Muslims from Qadianis, I think this was easy.

This is obvious but I ask why, what aspect of governance, beyond interfering in personal religion which Jinnah clearly wasn't for, does it serve to know this?

Jinnah did not intend nor was Pakistan early on an Islamic state as you might describe it, that quote is enough to conclude his opinions on religion.

:lol:

yeah, he was a mad man who fought for a muslim majority land only to impose secular state on it.

why are you so ignorant of rest of his speeches? Can you not read and comprehend those? Some physical or mental ability problem?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom