What's new

Killing India’s hidden ‘Cold Start’ strategy

Oh my, what a clever way to state you won Kargil. I bet you also think you won the war in 1947 too. :rolleyes:

I wonder what other kind of interpretation one would deduce from the results of the conflict. If there is another, then please let us know how your intelligent mind analyzed the results and came up with an alternative conclusion.

Last edited:
By that time all F-16s will be operational, there will be 72+ JF-17s, FC-20s, plus the exiting Mirages and F-7s.

Plus the financial toll the Indian economy will take on a daily basis will impact India more than Pakistan.

i never knew that pakistan had an economy that could sustain a war for decades.....if war happens india would suffer losses agreed . but if pakistan suffers the same amount of loss as india...that would be like a death blow...with the current situation in pakistan

To me, this 'cold start' doctrine is probably India's most successful psyops against Pakistan. And, as Vassnti said, a perfect Loch Ness monster.

Yeah! Well put! This is easily one of the best strategies we have come up with. Just the mere mention of it drives the Pakistanis into a tizzy. What more could we ask of a doctrine which may or may not exist, which may or may not have an occasion to be used?

Quote from Sun Tzu(The Art of War)

"So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself"

Pakistan fits well into the last category.

The Cold Start strategy and Sunderji Doctrine are History. India tried them in 2002 and failed miserably. The Pakistani peace time locations are too close to the border hence in 2002 when India tested Cold Start it was the Pakistanis who were able to deploy first. The Indian went to their parliment to get approval for building new peace time locations nearer to the border but the plan was shot down. It was only then that the Army Chief gave his famous statement about India primarily being defensive.

The main difference between India and Pakistan is that in Pakistan the government listens to the armed forces and in India the armed forces listen to the government

That's why you are still alive...

This Cold Start stuff is rubbish, there is no such thing. All dreamed up by Army Intelligence to send the Pakistani policymakers into a tizzy.

There is no such thing.:azn:

(giggle)

At the start of WoT, US always pressured Pakistan to use main srike force against taliban. Pakistan played Cold Start Doctrine well here and convinced the US and Other allays that it not favouable for Pakistan to move all strike forces against Taliban. That did following for Pakistan;
1, WoT is slowed down to the scale Pakistan wanted;
2, There is far less restriction on the use of modren US weapons;
3, Allowed Pakitan to keep on working on Nuc programme;
4, more importantly, Pakistan point of view regarding threat from india, find more ears in US policy cirlcles.
5, Convince Pak civilian leadership that army attitude and stance vis a vis India is correct.

So thanks to Indian Think Tanks for help.

At the start of WoT, US always pressured Pakistan to use main srike force against taliban. Pakistan played Cold Start Doctrine well here and convinced the US and Other allays that it not favouable for Pakistan to move all strike forces against Taliban. That did following for Pakistan;
1, WoT is slowed down to the scale Pakistan wanted;
2, There is far less restriction on the use of modren US weapons;
3, Allowed Pakitan to keep on working on Nuc programme;
4, more importantly, Pakistan point of view regarding threat from india, find more ears in US policy cirlcles.
5, Convince Pak civilian leadership that army attitude and stance vis a vis India is correct.

So thanks to Indian Think Tanks for help.

Why does Pakistan want to slow down WOT? Any particular reason behind it ?

No wonder Obama said the WOT is not going as fast as they would have liked.

Why does Pakistan want to slow down WOT? Any particular reason behind it ?

I would have replied to that Qs if i were among Pakistanis but this forum is international forum so no comments!:no:

I would have replied to that Qs if i were among Pakistanis but this forum is international forum so no comments!:no:

I hope you are not here to play dumb charade !!!

Your initial points did make sense though.

The point is there is no requirement of Killing India's Cold Start Strategy. It is either dead or else it never existed in either case we have no threat from this area.

According to Clausewitz there are two ways of keeping the adversary away.

(1) Making Victory Improbable. This we do not have for all realistic War Games would conclude that in an all out conventional war India would ultimately overpower Pakistan.

(2) Making the price of success too High. This is how we are keeping India away. They are not attacking simply because it is not politically feasible.

With the Upgradation of PAF and India's inability to cold start at present Pakistan has a credible deterence both in the conventional and nuclear domains.

I guess most of the fighting at present shall be done in forums like this one :azn:

One nuclear strike will end the cold start forever. So as long as there are the weapons, there wont be any cold start. Indians know that the END beings with their cold start. Period.

One nuclear strike will end the cold start forever. So as long as there are the weapons, there wont be any cold start. Indians know that the END beings with their cold start. Period.

where is the nuclear strike gone when few days back 90 killed in the suicide attack??
where was nuclear strike which led to pakistan loss of lives and the billions of dollars and where are ur f-16 when u.s drones and kill innocent pakistanis with few terrorist.

nuclear strike is the dilemma in the mind of u ppl that it will save u and poor thing is that u havnt left that ideology:hitwall::hitwall:

where is the nuclear strike gone when few days back 90 killed in the suicide attack??
where was nuclear strike which led to pakistan loss of lives and the billions of dollars and where are ur f-16 when u.s drones and kill innocent pakistanis with few terrorist.

nuclear strike is the dilemma in the mind of u ppl that it will save u and poor thing is that u havnt left that ideology:hitwall::hitwall:

A low nuclear threshold is one of the strongest detterence that we have. What to talk about Indians even the Americans don't know how to handle this issue.

A low nuclear threshold is one of the strongest detterence that we have. What to talk about Indians even the Americans don't know how to handle this issue.

to feel safe due to nukes,that days are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why India don't just publicly, disavow the "Cold Start Doctrine" -- The Indian claims range from there is no such a thing to it does not work - what's clear is the US is not buying this -- and really, if it's a dog, why not just publicly disavow "Cold Start"?

Cold Start? Who dat? He my baby daddy -- kidding aside, I don't think I understand what the block is with disavowing it - what am I missing?

I not sure what locus standi does Pakistan or US or anyone has on what strategy India might deploy during war time. India has a stated policy of No first use of Nukes.This is something Pakistan does not have and is a reason enough for India to ask Pakistan to be denuclearised.

If Pakistan has a strategy of Hot Finish then India also has no reason to complain....Im not sure how can people 'complain' about a doctrine...example Shock and Awe in Iraq...the point is to avoid war and to ensure no one uses Nukes...specific manoevres are a perogative of the forces...Indian or Pakistani or Chinese (who are building Infrastructure to reach Indian mainland...)

Back
Top Bottom